Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 1/16/2021 11:14:18 PM EDT
Here it comes.  

The opening salvo would herald a 10-day blitz of executive actions as Biden seeks to act swiftly to redirect the country in the wake of Donald Trump's presidency without waiting for Congress.

On Wednesday, following his inauguration, Biden will end Trump's restriction on immigration to the U.S. from some Muslim-majority countries, move to rejoin the Paris climate accord and mandate mask-wearing on federal property and during interstate travel. Those are among roughly a dozen actions Biden will take on his first day in the White House, his incoming chief of staff, Ron Klain, said in a memo to senior staff.
Other actions include extending the pause on student loan payments and actions meant to prevent evictions and foreclosures for those struggling during the pandemic.

"Full achievement" of Biden's goals will require Congress to act, Klain wrote, including the $1.9 trillion virus relief bill he outlined on Thursday. Klain said that Biden would also propose a comprehensive immigration reform bill to lawmakers on his first day in office.

Providing a path to citizenship for millions of immigrants in the U.S. illegally will be part of Biden's agenda, according to people briefed on his plans. Ali Noorani, president of the National Immigration Forum and among those briefed, said immigrants would be put on an eight-year path. There would be a faster track for those in the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, which shields people from deportation who came to the U.S. as children, and for those from strife-torn countries with temporary status.

On Thursday, the new president's second day in office, Biden would sign orders related to the COVID-19 outbreak aimed at reopening schools and businesses and expanding virus testing, Klain said. The following day, Friday, will see action on providing economic relief to those suffering the economic costs of the pandemic.

In the following week, Klain said, Biden would take additional actions relating to criminal justice reform, climate change and immigration  including a directive to speed the reuniting of families separated at the U.S.-Mexico border under Trump's policies.
https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-donald-trump-politics-coronavirus-pandemic-ron-klain-4b1bf78136b2b12392dcc16a7e4aad7f
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:18:00 PM EDT
[#1]
just as long as he doesn't tweet mean and bombastic things, i'm ok.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:18:32 PM EDT
[#2]
We are the government’s enemy now...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:18:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Democrats are going to be really disappointed. They already hate him for coming back on canceling student loan debt.

He's going to get the mask mandate for federal employees traveling across state lines but that's about it.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:19:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm completely shocked by all of this.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:19:44 PM EDT
[#5]
The wave of illegals coming into this country and being protected is going to be mind blowing.

You’re not going to recognize this place by next year from that alone.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:20:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, at least no gun control day 1.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:20:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:21:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Xiden is an incorrigible faggot.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:21:45 PM EDT
[#9]
No UBI?

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:22:06 PM EDT
[#10]
FJB
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:22:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Democrats are going to be really disappointed. They already hate him for coming back on canceling student loan debt.

He's going to get the mask mandate for federal employees traveling across state lines but that's about it.

View Quote
LOL student loan payments have been suspended for a while now.  We amassed like 15K not paying them and once they start up again we are going to just do one large lump sum payment.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:22:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:22:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't know I just read an article that said day one he was sending Congress a bill to try and remove the liability protection from gun manufacturers.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:22:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

You haven’t seen day 2 agenda I guess ?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:23:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Over 7,000-strong migrant caravan inches closer to US border as Biden vows to end Trump's asylum policies

Caravans with thousands of Central American migrants reportedly are trekking toward the Mexican border on their way to the US, where they expect to find friendlier policies after President-elect Joe Biden takes office next week.

About 7,000 to 8,000 migrants have entered Guatemala from Honduras in just the past day, Reuters reported, citing Guatemala's immigration authority. Video footage shows thousands of people forcing their way through a police cordon as they cross the border into Guatemala.

Two migrant groups with well over 5,000 people are working their way toward the US, including the one that has already breached the Guatemalan border, US Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Mark Morgan said Saturday in a Fox News interview.

"It's coming," Morgan said. "It's already started, just as we promised and anticipated it would with this rhetoric from the new administration on the border."

Biden, who's scheduled to be inaugurated on January 20, has said he plans to "immediately" introduce an immigration bill upon taking office. His immigration plan, reported by the Los Angeles Times on Friday, reportedly includes a "pathway to citizenship" for some 11 millions of illegal aliens who are already living in the US.

Unlike past amnesty proposals, Biden's plan wouldn't come with provisions for toughened border enforcement, according to the report.

The Democrat president-elect also intends to end many of the policies that President Donald Trump has put in place to deter illegal migration, including rules that keep migrants in Mexico while they await their court hearings in the US.

Trump predicted during a border visit on Tuesday that the policy changes would lead to "a tidal wave of illegal immigration, a wave like you've never seen before."

He added, "They're coming because they think that it's a gravy train at the end."

Immigration activist group Pueblo Sin Fronteras, which has organized immigrant caravans to the US and has funding ties to billionaire George Soros, called on the incoming Biden administration to "honor its commitments." Biden's arrival creates an opportunity for the governments of Mexico and Central America to develop migration policies that "respect and promote the human rights of the population in mobility," the group added.

As the caravan moves closer to its border, Mexico, for its part, is beefing up its border security to try to block the extended procession from passing through under its existing agreement with the US.

Honduras/Guatemala: Thousands of migrants break police cordon, crossing into Guatemala

Link
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:24:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Illegal being legal = no moar conservative reps in office.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:24:28 PM EDT
[#17]

This is the consequence of NOT VOTING

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:24:39 PM EDT
[#18]
11 million?... same # for the last 20 years?

prolly closer to 40
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:25:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The wave of illegals coming into this country and being protected is going to be mind blowing.

You’re not going to recognize this place by next year from that alone.
View Quote

The caravans are already on the way, and more to come.
Thank God I don't live in a border state.  Not that it matters all that much when that many are coming but it will suck in El Paso and San Diego more than here  
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:25:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:25:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't think so.  They are all going to probably live in close proximity to each other so the damage should be limited.  But most of them are going to settle in Texas so...
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:26:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:26:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:27:42 PM EDT
[#24]
also comforting that his first actions will be for citizens of countries other than the US, and "climate change".. telling I suppose
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:28:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Just what we need a flood of illegals along with all his other bullshit
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:28:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow it's amazing how winners know how to win.

Thanks Paul Ryan and Jared Kushner for making sure Trump wasn't able to do 1/10th of the amount of stuff that Biden will do on day one.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:29:24 PM EDT
[#27]
We need our own version of an injunction from a "Judge in Hawaii"

We need a friendly jurisdiction with a conservative judge to bog down every Executive Action with litigation that keeps getting postponed and drawn out.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:29:38 PM EDT
[#28]
...mandate mask-wearing on federal property and during interstate travel.
View Quote

WTF does that mean exactly?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:30:19 PM EDT
[#29]
The destruction of the Republic is kicking into high gear.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:30:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
LOL student loan payments have been suspended for a while now.  We amassed like 15K not paying them and once they start up again we are going to just do one large lump sum payment.
View Quote

I don't mean suspension. I think that's actually a pretty reasonable idea to suspend payments for people who are unemployed. The debt will be there for them when they get back into a job.

I mean outright canceling the loans. He's was floating a 10,000 cap on debt cancelation, which is pretty wimpy. When it gets to congress it will probably be whittled down to zero. Biden should really read Trump's book Art of the Deal where you would propose a much higher number to get the number you really want.

I'm just saying, Arfcom is really over estimating Biden's prowess.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:30:35 PM EDT
[#31]
So Biden wants to bring in the COVID.

I see a Massive Reduction in the number of his followers.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:32:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Now we can restart the snackbar shootings and bombings . Yay.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:32:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This is the consequence of NOT VOTING

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/hes_right_you_know-328.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Well trump exceeded the vote his first time.
People turned out, but it appears fraud will stand.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:33:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So Biden wants to bring in the COVID.

I see a Massive Reduction in the number of his followers.
View Quote

Covid already disappearing, Cuomo already saying we need to open back up.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:33:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I don't think so.  They are all going to probably live in close proximity to each other so the damage should be limited.  But most of them are going to settle in Texas so...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even still say goodbye to the senate.

Maybe we'll have better luck with the house being 435 separate districts.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:34:24 PM EDT
[#36]
We are Rome.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:35:51 PM EDT
[#37]
WHO???
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:36:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Here it comes.  

The opening salvo would herald a 10-day blitz of executive actions as Biden seeks to act swiftly to redirect the country in the wake of Donald Trump's presidency without waiting for Congress.

On Wednesday, following his inauguration, Biden will end Trump's restriction on immigration to the U.S. from some Muslim-majority countries, move to rejoin the Paris climate accord and mandate mask-wearing on federal property and during interstate travel. Those are among roughly a dozen actions Biden will take on his first day in the White House, his incoming chief of staff, Ron Klain, said in a memo to senior staff.
Other actions include extending the pause on student loan payments and actions meant to prevent evictions and foreclosures for those struggling during the pandemic.

"Full achievement" of Biden's goals will require Congress to act, Klain wrote, including the $1.9 trillion virus relief bill he outlined on Thursday. Klain said that Biden would also propose a comprehensive immigration reform bill to lawmakers on his first day in office.

Providing a path to citizenship for millions of immigrants in the U.S. illegally will be part of Biden's agenda, according to people briefed on his plans. Ali Noorani, president of the National Immigration Forum and among those briefed, said immigrants would be put on an eight-year path. There would be a faster track for those in the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, which shields people from deportation who came to the U.S. as children, and for those from strife-torn countries with temporary status.

On Thursday, the new president's second day in office, Biden would sign orders related to the COVID-19 outbreak aimed at reopening schools and businesses and expanding virus testing, Klain said. The following day, Friday, will see action on providing economic relief to those suffering the economic costs of the pandemic.

In the following week, Klain said, Biden would take additional actions relating to criminal justice reform, climate change and immigration  including a directive to speed the reuniting of families separated at the U.S.-Mexico border under Trump's policies.
https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-donald-trump-politics-coronavirus-pandemic-ron-klain-4b1bf78136b2b12392dcc16a7e4aad7f

View Quote

that stupid Paris accord is the dumbest shit ever
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:36:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Just what we need a flood of illegals along with all his other bullshit
View Quote

almost hilarious at a time when a mass of actual Americans are unable to work due to government policies of incompetence, like Monty Python sketch..... this is how lifelong, professional politicians run things... everything.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:37:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Maybe they will give all the illegals $1400 covid checks.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:37:48 PM EDT
[#41]
I miss the America that I loved.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:37:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wait till Friday.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:38:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Well... at least eviscerating and pissing on the Second Amendment is being saved for day 2.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:39:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
...mandate mask-wearing on federal property and during interstate travel.

It means "buckle up Dorthey 'cuz Kansas is going bye bye"
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:41:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Me $15 an hour minimum wage, huge influxes of illegals.........just watch what happens in areas on and around the border.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:43:20 PM EDT
[#46]
I see those caravans and immediately think of the Gatling Gun scene at the end of Gunga Din.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:45:09 PM EDT
[#47]
At least he won't ban bumpstocks.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:47:20 PM EDT
[#48]
I hope Joe has a EO on no more property taxes
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:52:12 PM EDT
[#49]
He's going to kill us all on day one and day two.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:52:28 PM EDT
[#50]
When Obungler became president with Shotgun Joe as Veep, I knew that nobody would want Sniffin' Joe as president.  Obummer was safe for as long as he was president.

Now.....

I keep thinking of Former President William Henry Harrison.
Please recall that he was in office for only 31 days.

...Continuing.....

We can again assume that with Kommie Harris is Veep that nobody want her around so Sniffin' Joe is safe from all but the most hard-core nut-cases.

Epstein didn't kill himself and recall how long W.H. Harrison was in office.

If I was a Betting Man I'd start putting down cash that any time This Year from Presidents Day until July 4 that there will be a new president sworn in.

...hard-core nut-cases...

How paranoid am I
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top