Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/22/2021 2:15:09 AM EDT
My understanding is that COVID vaccine requires two shots. You get one shot, then a week or two later, you get another shot. Then you're supposed to have immunity.

So, Biden, who is supposed to be listening to the scientists, is unilaterally short changing everyone on the dosage. Instead of getting 50 million people actually vaccinated, we're getting 100 million people, what? Nothing?

Or am I just being anti-American?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:19:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Seems like a reasonable play

Im not gonna bother getting the exact numbers but- 1 shot gets you about 50% coverage, 2 shots 95%.  With 1 shot it sounds like disease severity is reduced as well, if you get it.

If double the number of people can get some measure of protection, especially now that it's to less at risk groups, it should lower the burden on ICUs and hospitals and lower the mortality rate overall.

95% for everyone would be great, but lower severity and 50% coverage for twice as many people is maybe more better.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:19:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Biden is listening to his pillow right now wondering why it is still saying "salute the marines"
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:21:12 AM EDT
[#3]
My assumption is he is deferring to the UK model in that vaccinating as many people as possible with one shot vs giving maximum protection with both dosages in the correct time frame.  (although there is a 3 week spacing with Pfizer or 4 weeks with Moderna) which might give a unrealistic expectation that production can continue to ramp up.

The first dosage has a unknown protection level but may keep people out of ICU/ hospital.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:24:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Via hearing aid, certainly.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:25:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Mostly it's sugar water in them there vials.  If you win the lottery and get the actual vaccine, it will be an ineffective dosage, because you won't be able to get the follow-up in time.  Even if you did get the follow-up, you still have to wear a mask to mitigate risk therefore nullifying why you'd ever want to get the vaccine in the first place even if you were silly enough to desire a fast-tracked vaccine they know nothing about in terms of long-term potential side effects as it will remain in clinical trials for the next 3 years minimum.  Re-read first sentence, rinse, repeat.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:28:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe one shot conveys about 44% immunity and two result in 95% coverage.

Anything to meet his goal of 100 million half assed vaccinations.

“Better than nothing”.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:36:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mostly it's sugar water in them there vials.  If you win the lottery and get the actual vaccine, it will be an ineffective dosage, because you won't be able to get the follow-up in time.  Even if you did get the follow-up, you still have to wear a mask to mitigate risk therefore nullifying why you'd ever want to get the vaccine in the first place even if you were silly enough to desire a fast-tracked vaccine they know nothing about in terms of long-term potential side effects as it will remain in clinical trials for the next 3 years minimum.  Re-read first sentence, rinse, repeat.
View Quote

Can’t tell if this is satire, or exceptionally shiny tinfoil.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:55:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My assumption is he is deferring to the UK model in that vaccinating as many people as possible with one shot vs giving maximum protection with both dosages in the correct time frame.  (although there is a 3 week spacing with Pfizer or 4 weeks with Moderna) which might give a unrealistic expectation that production can continue to ramp up.

The first dosage has a unknown protection level but may keep people out of ICU/ hospital.
View Quote
then you lose any immunity from the 1st shot  after 3 to 6 months and you have to get shot again anyways

I've been shot once before and I didn't get any immunity from being shot again. In clown world it will work exactly like that, vaccinate 100m peeps with 50% x 90 days and there is no way you get herd immunity or dispel the Cooven from spreading further, certainly so if you are vaxxing people who may have already had a mild case of C.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 2:57:20 AM EDT
[#9]
BAKE THAT SCIENCE™, BITCH
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:02:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My understanding is that COVID vaccine requires two shots. You get one shot, then a week or two later, you get another shot. Then you're supposed to have immunity.

So, Biden, who is supposed to be listening to the scientists, is unilaterally short changing everyone on the dosage. Instead of getting 50 million people actually vaccinated, we're getting 100 million people, what? Nothing?

View Quote

Doubt it is related.. But the libtards all over facebook a few weeks ago had some dumb thing about cutting the doses in half and doubling the people injected. Was a meme.  Maybe that is where Biden admin gets its "Science" from. Sounds like something the Democrats would do. And all they care about is optics.  By cutting the dose in half, they magically pump their numbers way up. Thus beating Trump.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:05:39 AM EDT
[#11]
the virus itself gives you the best immunity, and it doesn't fade for many many years

the titer system
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:29:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Its bullshit. Trump is out.
So just half ass it to show you did something and then get on with things.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:52:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
the virus itself gives you the best immunity, and it doesn't fade for many many years

the titer system
View Quote

Really? And how exactly do you know that? This virus hasn't been around "for many many years".

The best estimates right now are that actually getting the virus provides about 3 months of immunity.

No one knows exactly how long the vaccines will provide immunity for, but their estimates are about a year.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:59:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Really? And how exactly do you know that? This virus hasn't been around "for many many years".

The best estimates right now are that actually getting the virus provides about 3 months of immunity.

No one knows exactly how long the vaccines will provide immunity for, but their estimates are about a year.
View Quote

Because antibody tests say so
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:19:32 AM EDT
[#15]
My doc told me Tuesday that if one develops a negative reaction to the first shot they won't get the second but are still 80% covered.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:20:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Even if that senile old man could stay awake long enough, his mental state would prevent him from doing much but drool.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:31:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:53:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If masks work, why do we still need a vaccine?
If the vaccine works, why do we still need a mask?
View Quote

I'm not saying this to ridicule you but...everyone with a brain has been asking this since Feb of 2020.

The majority of the American people know all this is a lie.

We need someone to bring us together.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:52:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Biden is listening to his pillow right now wondering why it is still saying "salute the marines"
View Quote

No, his pillow is saying, “you’re a crooked traitorous thief and your co-conspiritors are going to put you out of your misery soon.”

I hope that fucker can’t sleep a wink.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:09:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Biden is ok with people who were born with dicks playing sports as "females".

That's the level of "science" we can expect from this administration of illegitimate cocksuckers.

Is it really a surprise that they would half-ass the vaccine to pump the numbers up on paper?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:27:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Pedo Joe will force you to wear your mask, just like taking a knee for BLM. Fuck that asshole and the whore with him.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#22]
He is listening to the voices in his head
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Pedo Joe will force you to wear your mask, just like taking a knee for BLM. Fuck that asshole and the whore with him.
View Quote

The new flag code will have us taking knees for the National Anthem.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:19:16 AM EDT
[#24]
OP misspelled communist.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:19:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm not saying this to ridicule you but...everyone with a brain has been asking this since Feb of 2020.

The majority of the American people know all this is a lie.

We need someone to bring us together.
View Quote

If the majority know its a lie then why are they still complying?

I'd wager that the majority of America believe what the TV and big_tech say.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:20:17 AM EDT
[#26]
I would urge everyone, if you are going to get vaccinated, make sure you can get both doses. The safety of 2 doses has been tested in large trials, the safety of one dose hasn't been tested. You might end up getting three shots if you can't get the second dose in time, and again the safety of three doses has not been tested.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:21:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Xiden is gay and so is the vaccine. Fuck em both.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:25:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

The scientific reason lies in the risk associated with the new strains and their increased ability to spread.

The bulk of immunity is achieved from the first shot.  Immunity is enhanced by the second shot.

Given the risk for the more infectious strains, there is general scientific consensus that in order to get ahead of the case growth curve, it makes sense prioritise the first shot and get as many people vaccinated as possible in as short a period as possible to improve population immunity and reduce the number of people getting seriously ill, and be working on the second shot as a second priority whole they do that.

The second vaccines can effectively be pushed back a few weeks without reducing its efficacy.

There are quite few countries now following this path where the first vaccine is prioritised.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:34:23 AM EDT
[#29]
The only scientists the Biden is listening to is political scientists.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:52:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the titer system

No one know, but a year.  If you are full of shit, why didn't you just say so to begin with? Covid master immunity race here.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:53:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:01:42 AM EDT
[#32]
(In the voice of Matt Damon from Team America)

Joe Biden
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Moderna is expected to deliver 100 million doses by March and another 100 million by June. source

Call that about 5 million per week from Moderna for the US market.  (Not clear if all doses purchased by the US are actually used on US persons?)

AstraZeneca says it will produce 2 million per week.  source

Pfizer says it can produce about 1 million per week.  source

That totals to 8 million per week or 36 million per month.

I believe the original thinking was to only vaccinate the number of people which could be guaranteed both shots with confirmed delivered vaccine doses and not to assume future production.  The decision to assume delivery of future doses and give first doses based on future delivery was already being done, this isn't something novel from the Biden administration.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:08:31 AM EDT
[#34]
anything he does will be based off feelings, not any kind of real science , studies, or facts.  i can guarantee that.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

the titer system
View Quote

It really doesn’t seem to though. Many reports of people getting it a second time. I even personally know one guy that got it in the fall and just tested positive again. No symptoms either time but has to get EKG again to prove no heart damage.

Also the vaccine just lessens the severity.  You can still catch and spread Covid after vaccination.  

They were talking about halving the dosages weeks ago, this isn’t a Bidet thing.

Nobody really has a solid understanding of this shit.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Three months between shots is probably as good as three weeks.  Since most people's antibodies last at least that long, your body should have a similar reaction to the second shot in both scenarios.  If you try giving the second shot six months later, you probably won't get the same effectiveness.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:23:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah his handlers should be a little more creative...a robotic parrot should be sitting on his shoulder telling him what to say.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:24:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Doubt it is related.. But the libtards all over facebook a few weeks ago had some dumb thing about cutting the doses in half and doubling the people injected. Was a meme.  Maybe that is where Biden admin gets its "Science" from. Sounds like something the Democrats would do. And all they care about is optics.  By cutting the dose in half, they magically pump their numbers way up. Thus beating Trump.
View Quote

Why not thirds and tripling your coverage...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Biden is ok with people who were born with dicks playing sports as "females".

That's the level of "science" we can expect from this administration of illegitimate cocksuckers.

Is it really a surprise that they would half-ass the vaccine to pump the numbers up on paper?
View Quote

Listen to the scientists on the MEGA Billionaires club, globalist government's and big pharma's payroll...

There is no "value free" science.

imo

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Listen to science unless they're talking about gender
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:30:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Why not thirds and tripling your coverage...
View Quote

And pay people $25/hr to get their vaccines.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Made me choke
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Moderna is expected to deliver 100 million doses by March and another 100 million by June. source

Call that about 5 million per week from Moderna for the US market.  (Not clear if all doses purchased by the US are actually used on US persons?)

AstraZeneca says it will produce 2 million per week.  source

Pfizer says it can produce about 1 million per week.  source

That totals to 8 million per week or 72 million per month.

I believe the original thinking was to only vaccinate the number of people which could be guaranteed both shots with confirmed delivered vaccine doses and not to assume future production.  The decision to assume delivery of future doses and give first doses based on future delivery was already being done, this isn't something novel from the Biden administration.
View Quote

I think your math is wrong, in a 4 week month that is 32 million doses a month acording to your numbers.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I think your math is wrong, in a 4 week month that is 32 million doses a month acording to your numbers.
View Quote

Crap, you're right.  I used a 9 week, two month period and forgot to halve the result.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:34:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Except for biologists
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:36:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Crap, you're right.  I used a 9 week, two month period and forgot to halve the result.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Np man, I'm glad I caught it before someone came along to berate you over a simple mistake.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:36:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Biden's Covid-19 plan is simple.  "Hey, everything that the previous President did?  Yeah, we're going to keep on doing that, but we're going to take credit for it."

I even heard Fauci change his tone from doom and gloom to saying it looks as if we've reached a plateau. And we're headed back down, apparently.  All because of the Great White Father Joe.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:41:16 AM EDT
[#48]
There is no cure for the common cold.

Coronavirus is a common cold.

No matter how you tell it, it's the truth.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:51:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Three months between shots is probably as good as three weeks.  Since most people's antibodies last at least that long, your body should have a similar reaction to the second shot in both scenarios.  If you try giving the second shot six months later, you probably won't get the same effectiveness.
View Quote

You're willing to risk your life on a "probably"? If "probably" was good enough why weren't we vaccinating last summer when several vaccines had already proven their value?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top