Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2018 10:52:51 PM EDT
I'd like to try listening to the Bible while driving to work.  I have an old iPhone 4, but it can be kind of a pain to load streaming content.

I have a Sansa Clip mp3 player that I use for music and podcasts, and it works great.

So, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good source for downloadable mp3 files or audiobooks of the Bible.  KJV, non-dramatized, preferably.

My feeble google attempts haven't been very helpful.  Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 11:11:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I know the NET used to have a daily podcast of bible readings. The ESV does also IIRC. Typically these are read the bible through in a year type podcasts. You just have to download the whole years worth.

You might be able to pick up CDs cheap and then import them into iTunes or something similar.

I listen on biblegateway.com but that is streaming and not what you are after.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 11:16:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Just get the bible app.  It's free.
Brown book icon.  Just called "Bible."
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 11:31:43 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a YouTube channel, tmanz625, that has a complete reading of the King James Bible broken down to its individual books.

I've been listening to it.  Might not be too helpful if you can't stream though.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm LDS but I listen to Joe Focht all the time of Philadelphia Baptist Church
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm LDS but I listen to Joe Focht all the time of Philadelphia Baptist Church
View Quote
LDS app is a great source for audio scripture.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 8:42:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Johnny Cash audiobook of the New Testament.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you everyone for the suggestions.

I think I may end up going with something from here.

https://www.faithcomesbyhearing.com/news/blog-post/audio-bible-products
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 7:40:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't help you based on those formats, unfortunately. I listen to a New American Standard Bible, narrated by Steven B. Stevens, on a set of four (or five maybe?) MP3 disks. I recommend it highly to anyone with a CD player.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top