Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2021 3:50:21 PM EDT
Treated myself to a nicer watch, picked up this Maratac on sale. The watch band on this thing for me sucks bigtime . If this is like a nato strap I don’t think I want one of that type. Anyone here wearing one have a good recommendation to replace it.

For comparison, the cheap smael $17 Amazon watch I bought 3 years ago, still going strong fits great, doesn’t slip down my wrist and I really forget it’s there when I wear it.

Attachment Attached File

Thanks much.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 12:01:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Would be much more comfortable with a rubber dive strap. Look at the Uncle Seiko GL831. Looks like that watch is a 20mm.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you Sir, that looks like a great replacement. Ordered. And yep it’s a 20mm.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 7:07:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would be much more comfortable with a rubber dive strap. Look at the Uncle Seiko GL831. Looks like that watch is a 20mm.
View Quote

Yeah, I just don't get the whole NATO strap thing.

They absorb sweat, and even if you wash them they start to stink after a while.

I love rubber dive straps.  They provide some structure, don't absorb funk, are easily cleaned with a toothbrush, and last long time.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you mean straps?
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 9:03:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought that same Titanium Diver when they had it on sale.

I like "The Watch Steward" for aftermarket straps. He makes elastic bands which are pretty adjustable for a good fit. I have like 3 or 4 of his bands for various watches, and I selected his new G-hook model for this Ti diver.

https://www.thewatchsteward.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top