Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2020 7:38:42 PM EDT
We're moving and I will finally have upload speeds greater than 3.25 mbps.

Provider is Midco.

Home is a 3 level--walkout basement, main level (where modem/router will be based), and upper level.

Most of the devices will be main level or basement.

20 YO home, standard wooden construction.

I will buy my own combo device, the Netgear C78000 seems like the most powerful with best range.  Where to find at best price?

I'd think about a modem and separate router/mesh system but you'd have to walk me through it very slowly.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 10:40:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure why you didn't post in Urban Commandos section but I'll give it a try.

Don't get a combo modem/ router.  Both are compromised to fit in the same box.  Find a modem on your ISPs approved list.  I used an Arriss for years.  Then get a separate Wi-Fi router.  This will allow you to move the router to different rooms for the best coverage.  My modem was in my office over the garage but the router was centrally located in the living room.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 10:22:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Never been in urban commandos, didn’t know what it was.  

I’ll check it out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top