BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 24
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:11:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:31:00 AM EDT
[#2]
One night on mid shift we were towing a kc135 into a hanger. One of the wingwalkers decided to pull out his phone and look at it instead of watching the wing. He did not see that the hanger door was not fully open and let the wing tip hit it. Sadly he did not learn his lesson and did it again a couple years later. The second time he was reduced in rank, skill level, and then kicked out.

When I was an E4 I was friends with an E5 and E6. I had already separated from the AF but stayed in contact with the E6 and heard the story from him. E5 went out to do a power run on the aircraft to bleed the hydro system. He took a brand new airman with him to be the fire guard/ground guy. He goes up stairs to the cockpit and asks the new guy if the engines  are clear. New guy says yes and they fire up all four engines with the covers and plugs installed. The engines injested the covers and actually kept running. The e5 noticed the fuckup after he shuts down the engines and comes down to do his post engine run inspection. There was a big investigation that E6 was apart of and the E5 was reduced in rank, put on house arrent during the investigation, and then kicked out.

Had a guy on shift forget to move his ladder from under the flap and then lowered the flaps into it knocking a hole into the flap.

Had another guy marshal in a fuel truck to close to the plane and hit the lowered flaps. He tried to blame it on the fuel driver, fuel driver tried to blame him. Not sure what the outcome was.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:37:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Didn't witness the event but ended up examining the after math...

3 troops in AIT are in the barracks (open bay) for some reason by themselves.  One troop is laying on his bunk reading a book.  Another troop pulls out a fired 40mm grenade and he and troop # 3 decide to play catch with it in the open middle area of the bay.  After several tosses, one goes wide and troop #3 starts to reach for it but turns away at the last second.  Grenade hits railing of a bunk.... the one the guy is reading on...and detonates.   Reader has head at end of bunk where grenade hits and is DRT.  Troop # 3 is fragged up on side of his body and collapses.

MPs are called and they called EOD...me... because they are scared there might be more UXO.  I try to talk to uninjured troop but he is too freaked out and hysterical to get useful info.  I go in and drag injured troop to the door so medics can tend to him.  Bookworm troop is obviously dead so I do a search for other UXO and find nothing.  Scene clear I turn it back over to the MPs and head back to the unit to try and drink the images away.

Duds are bad, mkay, don't fuck around with them.
View Quote

Probably an HEDP from a M203?

I was on a KD range that was also used for MK19s in the past with a fuckin idiot MP one time.  This fuck stick picks up one of the undetonated  flash training rounds we’re walking from the 400 to the 500 and starts tossing it between hands like a goddamn baseball.

“Hey man, put that shit down, you’ll blow your fucking fingers off!”
“Nah, it’s cool it’s just chalk”
“Chalk rounds are for 203s you fuckin idiot, that round explodes!!!”
“Pshh whatever man”

He then proceeds to toss the goddamn thing straight up about 10 feet in the air to let it hit the ground.  My buddy had to grab my arm to keep me from trying to strangle his ass to death without thinking about the consequences.

It didn’t go off, but by god if it did, I was gonna go to jail for murdering an idiot.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:39:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Had a guy in the SF pipeline and was waiting to get on a team, this dumbass he was with somehow managed to get a 9mm round through both knees. Both of 'em, one shot, one kill. He happened to be there at the time and when those EMTs got there, oh boy, they were retarded. The guy had to basically walk them through basic first aid and how to stop bleeding. Finally just snatched the crap out their hands in the ambulance and took care of it himself. My guy had to wait outside while the docs took care of this stud, but I'm sure with his knowledge he just told them to fuck off and fixed himself up. From what I heard later, the dude was a total badass. I think he deployed a couple times on teams after that without finishing the SF pipeline. Have to be pretty worthwhile to deploy with an SF team and not be tabbed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:15:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Zahko, Iraq for Op Provide Comfort. We were trying to keep a DZ clear of Kurds while a supply drop was going on from Incirlik Turkey. We get all these people back from where the pallets were going to fall.
As soon as parachutes start opening, there was a mad rush onto the DZ.
Saw a bunch of Kurds squished under the pallets with 1000lb of food, water, clothing, tents. What ever was packed on the pallet.
2 days later, more Kurds come into the area. Rinse, lather, repeat. Even after interpreters are telling them to stay back and what would happen. More squished.

In the early '80s, we were on an FTX after a jump at Bragg. One of the guys was always sneaking alcohol to the field. He got wound tight, jumped in a jeep with a TOW mounted on the pedestal.  Goes hauling ass up a hill. Turns the jeep over. Jeep and TOW with thermal sight mounted was totally destroyed.
Busted to E1. Sent to CCF for 3 months I believe it was. His LES was $75 a month for a long time until he was put out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:29:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I was on a KD range that was also used for MK19s in the past with a fuckin idiot MP one time.  This fuck stick picks up one of the undetonated  flash training rounds we’re walking from the 400 to the 500 and starts tossing it between hands like a goddamn baseball.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3 troops in AIT are in the barracks (open bay) for some reason by themselves.  One troop is laying on his bunk reading a book.  Another troop pulls out a fired 40mm grenade and he and troop # 3 decide to play catch with it in the open middle area of the bay.  After several tosses, one goes wide and troop #3 starts to reach for it but turns away at the last second.  Grenade hits railing of a bunk.... the one the guy is reading on...and detonates.   Reader has head at end of bunk where grenade hits and is DRT.  Troop # 3 is fragged up on side of his body and collapses.

MPs are called and they called EOD...me... because they are scared there might be more UXO.  I try to talk to uninjured troop but he is too freaked out and hysterical to get useful info.  I go in and drag injured troop to the door so medics can tend to him.  Bookworm troop is obviously dead so I do a search for other UXO and find nothing.  Scene clear I turn it back over to the MPs and head back to the unit to try and drink the images away.

Golden egg, straight HE frag.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:35:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep. Duds are bad, mmmkay.  My squad leader at Ft Bragg was killed by a dud LAW he was fucking with.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:38:53 AM EDT
[#8]
LFX at NTC a few years back.

Tank plain leader calls indirect fire incorrectly.

Rounds proceed to airburst WP and damage both the PL's CO'S Abrams and the OC that was following him. Nearly killed the OC who had just left his Humvee to get a smoke.

I was napping in my Bradley after the check fire.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:28:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Letting the United States of America fall

Hahaha
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:41:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Letting the United States of America fall

Hahaha
View Quote

There’s one for every punch bowl.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:42:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There’s one for every punch bowl.
View Quote

I may be a turd but I’m floating in liquid shit
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:41:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:06:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yep. Duds are bad, mmmkay.  My squad leader at Ft Bragg was killed by a dud LAW he was fucking with.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/89/FB_IMG_1486132057674-1798798.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/89/FB_IMG_1486132057674-1798798.jpg

Both of the above posts...

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:08:30 AM EDT
[#14]
B1 belly landed into Diego, typical form pulling and UA's all around. Hear tell the co pilot landed her while everyone was asleep, they had been circling for so long he turned off the wailing Betty that said gear was up.

Mid shift, spec driver has his favorite lady spec driving shotgun while everyone else is working. Called for pickup for maybe an hour the truck is MIA, hike back to the ops building. About 10 minutes after shift change truck rolls up with the married E5 and the married E3 looking disheveled and suspect staining around the neck of married E3.

TDY to Ellsworth, dumbass E3 doesn't fully lock engine cowl upwards. Takes it straight to the dome, goes to the clinic on base. They say yeah he for sure has a concussion you are cleared to go back to work. Walks up to his supervisor tells him exactly what they said, he pukes and passes out.

Countless Ammo mistakes, one involving an evacuation of half the base. If you ain't ammo you ain't as stupid

Fuel cell fng is supposed to meet his supervisor at fuel cell to get acquainted, walks around waiting for 30 minutes until he glances up and sees said supervisor swinging from the rafters, came back from a TDY to an unfaithful ol lady and and empty house.

Base commanders wife had to talk a jumper off the water tower on base.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:16:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:18:02 AM EDT
[#16]
5th group guy AD'ing mk19.
Personally getting hung in the trees on Sicily DZ...25kt winds in my defense
During our early 2007 Sadar city push I watched a IA blow him self up with a grenade on accident.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:18:41 AM EDT
[#17]
I have seen a lot of stupid shit, but I will admit a time I fucked up.

Generals apparently need their own air conditioned box with nice chairs when they fly on a C-130. They also need wifi for an hour flight (you faggot 'viper' team guys know who you are)

I loaded the big box and my crash seat was not secured, so the adjustment bar fell while the box was being pushed in by ATOC and left a sweet ass racing stripe down the side of the box.

I was told by the viper team that it was a 4 million dollar box. Oh well. Never heard from them again after the flight. Good riddance. Loads hate doing that bullshit overseas for a fucking flight from Bagram to Kandahar.

ETA: Dumbest thing I have seen. Capt in my first flying sqdrn got piss drunk on TDY, bought some hookers (he was married) tried to bring them on base, lost his CAC, and tried to impersonate my sqdrn commander to get back on base, claiming he was a LT Col. I know it sounds funny, but really, THEE dumbest shit I have heard of. Literally never saw that guy after that TDY. Fat fucking dude too, always seemed super nice and like a good family man. No idea what crawled up his ass that night.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:22:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Vietnam and Afghanistan in general, but worst screwup I saw in Vietnam in 69 was artillery directed on our own company position by mistake. Over 20 killed and don't know how many wounded. Lots.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:31:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Waxing military vehicles that have  CARC paint?

https://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/183/393/961.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We had a battalion commander that made us wax our vehicles so they would look good for inspection.  A bigger shitshow I have not been involved in than waxing a 151

Waxing military vehicles that have  CARC paint?

https://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/183/393/961.png
They had us rub them down with brake fluid. made em nice and shiny!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:33:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Not much compared to stories already posted, but I saw a female MP at FT Sill fire not 1 but 2 rounds into the clearing barrel....with a revolver (Female MP's and dog handlers carried S&W M10's).
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:38:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Pretty sure that is where it was.  The field that had the old brick building remains.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We hsd a new Lt. and on his first FTX in Germany. We were staged in this open field before the games started and he told us not to sleep in the Tracks. As soon as he fell asleep we got on top of our M113.  We showed him the Poliroid pictures of the six or so wild boars that snuggled up to him during the night.

I pissed on them from the top of my M113 in Hoenfels

Pretty sure that is where it was.  The field that had the old brick building remains.
The boars I saw there in the 70s were some big mother fuckers.

Saw a butter bar shoot a .50 cal mounted on a tank cupola toward the control tower. Main gun shoot at search light instead of target (I was on the searchlight tank), the usual tank gunnery shenanigans
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:41:15 AM EDT
[#22]

Just ordered a couple of those magnets.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:43:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Zahko, Iraq for Op Provide Comfort. We were trying to keep a DZ clear of Kurds while a supply drop was going on from Incirlik Turkey. We get all these people back from where the pallets were going to fall.
As soon as parachutes start opening, there was a mad rush onto the DZ.
Saw a bunch of Kurds squished under the pallets with 1000lb of food, water, clothing, tents. What ever was packed on the pallet.
2 days later, more Kurds come into the area. Rinse, lather, repeat. Even after interpreters are telling them to stay back and what would happen. More squished.

In the early '80s, we were on an FTX after a jump at Bragg. One of the guys was always sneaking alcohol to the field. He got wound tight, jumped in a jeep with a TOW mounted on the pedestal.  Goes hauling ass up a hill. Turns the jeep over. Jeep and TOW with thermal sight mounted was totally destroyed.
Busted to E1. Sent to CCF for 3 months I believe it was. His LES was $75 a month for a long time until he was put out.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:45:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
One night on mid shift we were towing a kc135 into a hanger. One of the wingwalkers decided to pull out his phone and look at it instead of watching the wing. He did not see that the hanger door was not fully open and let the wing tip hit it. Sadly he did not learn his lesson and did it again a couple years later. The second time he was reduced in rank, skill level, and then kicked out.

When I was an E4 I was friends with an E5 and E6. I had already separated from the AF but stayed in contact with the E6 and heard the story from him. E5 went out to do a power run on the aircraft to bleed the hydro system. He took a brand new airman with him to be the fire guard/ground guy. He goes up stairs to the cockpit and asks the new guy if the engines  are clear. New guy says yes and they fire up all four engines with the covers and plugs installed. The engines injested the covers and actually kept running. The e5 noticed the fuckup after he shuts down the engines and comes down to do his post engine run inspection. There was a big investigation that E6 was apart of and the E5 was reduced in rank, put on house arrent during the investigation, and then kicked out.

Had a guy on shift forget to move his ladder from under the flap and then lowered the flaps into it knocking a hole into the flap.

Had another guy marshal in a fuel truck to close to the plane and hit the lowered flaps. He tried to blame it on the fuel driver, fuel driver tried to blame him. Not sure what the outcome was.
View Quote

Ha... I did that, twice. The first time we were doing  drills and evaluations, Navy onboard with us. I got called down to Main control to be throttleman, and was told the plant status. It had been made ready by another division. The intakes are a few decks down behind locked doors so I couldn’t verify, I was told to get going and start the turbine. Number one main gas tried starting, failed start. So we purged and tried again. Failed. I made a joke about the bell mouth covers still being on. We investigated and they were nowhere to be found, so the watchstabder unlocked the door and climbed down, sure enough they were sucked tight against the bell mouth. No damage done. Gave it one more start and temps went too high (high power turbine inlet temp). I shut it down, Senior chief got mad at me, then the navy guys called off training when they found open cans of denatured alcohol in the engine room. Training team failure...

Next time, almost the exact same scenario. This time, controls had been out in place that we would absolutely not try to start a turbine unless both bell mouth covers were behind the EOW chair. Well, they were. So again without being allowed time to verify plant status. we started it. Got lots of alarms so we E stopped it. Turns out, somebody used an exhaust stack cover as a makeshift bell mouth cover because they couldnt find the real ones... behind the EOW chair. Well a stack is much larger and doesn’t suck tight.., it was sucked through. They bore scoped it for days and eventually made the call to run the bitch and melt the plastic tarp out of it. I guess it worked ?????
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:47:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Way too many to mention over six years but at MEPS I was right behind a guy that passed out in the middle of having his blood drawn and he smashed into some glass shelving and a glass cabinet and cut himself up pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:51:27 AM EDT
[#26]

I watched this happen in real time.

A few years later I saw a female crew chief backing a fuel truck toward her F15E at Bagram. Truck is getting close to the jet, so the truck driver stops. She angrily waves for him to back up more. He creeps back a few inches and stops again, the truck is very close to the plane now. Truck driver gets out of his truck.  She marches up and proceeds to cuss him out, tells him to stop backing up when she tells him to stop backing up. Truck driver shrugs, gets back in, and starts to slowly back up as she marshalled the fuel truck directly into the leading edge of the wing of her strike eagle.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:54:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Our MSgt rolled into the pos and I forgot the challenge password, or didn't hear the new one that morning. I had to do 24hrs of road guard by myself.

Same field op, I drove up a one lane switchback rd after a Thai marine told me to go up there. Got stuck, couldn't turn it around, pulling a radar. Same MSgt was first one coming down the hill in a hmmwv, he just about beat my ass.

I apparently was running over some poor farmers rubber trees in the area we were set up at.

All of this was after I came back late first night of libo in Pattaya and was locked down to base. Had to wash trucks for 2 weeks after the field op. Also got food poisoning.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:55:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Shortly after making E6, I was down in the pump room transferring fuel with another guy. We saw through the open door, the guys from Main prop covered in black oil. A second later the engines go quiet. Lube oil leak in the main machinery space. Well we high tail it out of there. One of the guys on watch said he saw the Main prop E6 hit every button in line on the AFFF panel and instead of the one for bilge dump he mashed the one for the helo hangar.... foam party! Luckily the helo was traversed out on the flight deck.

So after it’s all done and cleaned up, I finally come down to relieve this guy for dinner reliefs. The engineering officer comes down at the same time and starts asking questions. Dude answers in a way that made it sound like it was MY watch when shit down. I said oh hell no, I’m just here for dinner, I’m not dumb enough to dump AFFF in a hangar.

I did make it a point after that every time we ran drills for the same casualty that when they asked me what I would do I would say test for agent in the hangar then when the deckies start yelling I know I’m good to commence dumping in the engine room.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:56:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmXG1Owvct4

I watched this happen in real time.

A few years later I saw a female crew chief backing a fuel truck toward her F15E at Bagram. Truck is getting close to the jet, so the truck driver stops. She angrily waves for him to back up more. He creeps back a few inches and stops again, the truck is very close to the plane now. Truck driver gets out of his truck.  She marches up and proceeds to cuss him out, tells him to stop backing up when she tells him to stop backing up. Truck driver shrugs, gets back in, and starts to slowly back up as she marshalled the fuel truck directly into the leading edge of the wing of her strike eagle.
View Quote

We're you stationed at Eielson or just there for red flag? Best thing I saw was the Germans trying to burn Infections down cause some stripper wouldn't make change for a 100
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:04:46 AM EDT
[#30]
At a school in 1999, I was just out of Tech school and was there with a few buddies.  We had a classmate who was a fat, late thirties admin guy (total nerd) who had retrained into a job requiring the course.  One day at lunch, we started telling him a bunch of bullshit rumors about getting bones broken, beatings, and such later in the course.  A few days later in the woods, he goes crazy and beats his OWN ass because he was too scared.  Obviously he got pulled from the school.  I didn’t feel bad, he was obviously unstable.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:13:34 AM EDT
[#31]
after math of a combat engineer unit do a breach on a special retaining pond for butterflies in a preserve area. que "was that wrong gif"

A drunk LT lost his mind threw a fit and puffed up on the LTC BC and XO did not end well for him.

number of oopsies of unintental danger close on the observers along the gun target line. I watched a mortar round land on a MG range duing squad live fire.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:14:16 AM EDT
[#32]
A couple of years ago I was at the wife's family reunion and they found out  was CH46 crew. Dude next to me starts telling me about his ride on a 46.  Turns out he was at the barracks in Lebanon when it was bombed.  

Me: Wait, you were there?!
Him: "Yes, I was BLT mechanic and had just laid down in my rack after getting off duty"
Me: WTF, can you tell me what happened?

He mentions that they had set up a good perimeter but a politician told them it looked like a war zone and had them remove the 55 gallon drums filled with sand and all the razor wire they had rigged up.  A week or so later they were hit.  He thought it was artillery, not a truck bomb and he said he heard the truck coming but thought it was a 5 ton and a GI would didn't know how to shift because the RPMs were so high.  He and his rack buddy were living in a small room attached to the barracks and they ended up having a jeep land on top of them.  The next day he asked why he was still on the ground and they had him board a 46 that was overloaded and he was flown back to the ship.  At that time he finally figured out how bad things were when he saw the flight deck (maybe it was hanger deck) filled with body bags.

The other screw up was my old man was taken off flight status in the AF (He flew A7Ds) and he was placed with the FACs. When he was in Germany he watched a F4 plow into a ground in front a bunch of Gis.  Ended up killing a bunch of them.  I don't want to put too much out there because I am sure someone know someone but basically they had to recover these men and it was horrific.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:15:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

We're you stationed at Eielson or just there for red flag? Best thing I saw was the Germans trying to burn Infections down cause some stripper wouldn't make change for a 100
View Quote
I was there '04 to '07. I'd forgotten about reflections,  thanks for reminding me

Red Flags were great up there. Germans selling cases of beer off the tail of their C130 until the cops showed up, Brit pilots getting falling down, piss your pants drunk in the E-club every night.

The week that that F16 tipped over, an Eielson F16 and an Elemendorf F15 collided in midair, too. I want to say the 15 managed to limp home, the 16 went in the dirt, but the pilot ejected fine. One incident happened on a Monday, the other happened on a friday. Expensive week for the AF!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Not nearly in the same league as some of the other screw ups, but it's one I did myself...

Early '90's, on an exercise in Bodo, Norway - Northern Wedding I think, I was the crew chief on a Marine C-9B flying some bigwigs around. In prep for the flight that day, I needed to get the duty driver to haul me over to the chow hall to pickup the boxed lunches. Being an exercise, the rules were a bit lax, so the ops guy just told me to 'take the duty vehicle' and take care of it myself. I was told that it was the truck parked outside the hanger with the engine running. (Dead of winter, well below zero...)

So, I go outside the hanger, and there are two idling trucks, a USMC CUCV, and a green Euro van thing. Like a Sprinter, but being 20+ years before those types of vehicles were imported, I had no idea what it was. Not matter, being a Marine, and seeing a Marine marked CUCV, I added 2+2, climbed into the CUCV, and proceeded about my business.

I return from the chow hall to see a small crowd of people milling about outside the hanger - and on getting noticed, all of the them looking at me. Including one Brigadier General.

Seems that I stole the general's truck...

Fortunately, I didn't get into hot water as I explained why I took the truck.

m
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:23:18 AM EDT
[#35]

cool were they trying to make it a motor boat?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#36]
I was a convoy commander in Iraq in 2008. Four MAXXPRO gun trucks escorting TCN convoys to various COPs.

One night we were heading back to Stryker from COP Meade, north bound on Tampa, right at the spaghetti bowl. ( Where Irish meets Tampa, guys who were there know exactly where I'm talking about.)

Off to our right, a civilian fuel tanker was trying to get on Tampa from a side road. My lead gun trucks gunner fired a pen flare to warn the fuel truck driver to stay back.  Well, the pen flare decided to fly right into the open drivers window into the cab. One in a million shot.

As my truck passes by, I see the driver frantically bail out of the cab.....leaving the truck in neutral. Truck starts to roll backward and promptly jackknifes, flipping the trailer.

About two minutes later I hear my gunner say, " holy shit!". I look in my mirror and there is an impressive fireball lighting up the night sky.

Nobody ever said a fucking word.

If you ever drove by the spaghetti bowl and saw a large burned out area just off the shoulder on the east side.....yeah, that was me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:43:58 AM EDT
[#37]
I personally watched a marine Lt colonel ignore ground guide signals and taxi his F18 into the airports perimeter fence.

Put the wingtip missile rail right through the fence like a knitting needle, noticed he was slowing down and throttled up ripping 4 section of fence right out of the ground, concrete footers and all.

We eventually got his attention and got him stopped.

Airport ops cut the fence off his jet, put a 6 inch long piece of shiny 700 mph tape over the little dent it made just inboard of the rail.   And he flew the afternoon demo for the airshow.

He was a whole lot of embarrassed and humble after that. He took our ground guide suggestions after that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:45:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
We had a battalion commander that made us wax our vehicles so they would look good for inspection.  A bigger shitshow I have not been involved in than waxing a 151
View Quote

We had to wax the lawn mowers while in basic.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:48:22 AM EDT
[#39]
A friend of mine, super good dude, nice small town family kinda guy, got blackout drunk in hawaii one week before deployment to Afghanistan. Walking through Kailua after he left the bar, decided it was a good idea to steal a minivan. Wrecked it, got arrested, COC got him out and said "We need him for deployment, we'll take care of all the punishments".

They got so busy with deployment prep that they completely forgot about it. Absolutely zero negative impact. We never spoke of it or brought it up again.

Lucky SOB.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:50:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
2ndLt McLaughlin.

He was the supply officer from a sister Battalion.  Strong Philly accent and overall attitude of bitterness.

Got bleary-eyed drunk in the O-Club in Kaneohe.

Slurring, blouse half unbuttoned, mean drunk.

Two captains from the CH46 squadron told him the button up and behave.

“Go fuck yer self, ya fuckin winger!”

And then he started swinging.  He was terrible at fighting.

The MPs came and took him down.  Brought him to the station.

Once there, he escaped, stole a car and drove BACK to the O-Club, to continue the battle...
View Quote

Sounds like a true Irishman!

I can say that, because I am one!

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#41]

Ah yes the VBC...so much fuckery happened there
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:51:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Way too many to mention over six years but at MEPS I was right behind a guy that passed out in the middle of having his blood drawn and he smashed into some glass shelving and a glass cabinet and cut himself up pretty good.
View Quote

Yes!  I saw that same thing in 2005.  Funny thing is the dude was a wannabe cowboy in his mid 30's who spent the entire day talking down to us "younguns" and then panicked when blood draw came.  I heard commotion and even some growling from behind the curtain, and a nurse yelling that he had passed out.  They woke him up, he saw blood on his shirt, passed out again and bounced his head off the table.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:52:12 AM EDT
[#43]
I think the statute of limitations is up on this and I'm retired now, so here is my should have wound up in prison fuck up.

We were on pre-mobilization training at Ft. Stewart in early 2002. Myself and several of us went downtown to Hurricanes for their Drink Till You Drown Special. I think it was $9 for a mug and they would refill it for free all night long.

After we closed down Hurricanes, we went back to the barracks. Myself and another Joe got the urge to go four wheeling. We had all of our Humvees parked right outside, so what do we do? Grab the keys to my Humvee and go for an adventure. We wound up on one of the drop zones to the north and we were having a blast till we were going up a ravine, and flip the Humvee on it's side. WHOOPS!

We beat feet out of there and are walking down the road when someone pulls over and offers us a ride back to our barracks. When we get back, we grabbed the keys to his Humvee and go attempt to recover mine. All we had was a troop strap. We hooked that bitch up to my Humvee and pull it back on its wheels.

We hauled ass out of there. Both Humvees are muddy as shit so we wash them off at the car wash on post. Got back to the barracks, parked the Humvees and laid down in our bunks just as the sun was coming up.

If it weren't for that guy picking up up and giving us a ride back to he barracks, we would have been completely and totally fucked.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Here's another brilliant move by some stupid armchair general. They came up with the idea of a "strato team", which was parachuting 7 men into the mountainous jungle in Vietnam at night. After 2 days, only 1 guy was left with a shot up leg, no rifle, an orange marker flag, and a radio. We found him by homing in on his radio, picked him up with "McGuire rigs" and saved his ass. He was smart to keep the radio.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:57:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
A friend of mine, super good dude, nice small town family kinda guy, got blackout drunk in hawaii one week before deployment to Afghanistan. Walking through Kailua after he left the bar, decided it was a good idea to steal a minivan. Wrecked it, got arrested, COC got him out and said "We need him for deployment, we'll take care of all the punishments".

They got so busy with deployment prep that they completely forgot about it. Absolutely zero negative impact. We never spoke of it or brought it up again.

Lucky SOB.
View Quote

I knew of two dumbass Airmen went drinking and mudding in the bush.  Buried their truck in a mud bog.  Decided to go back a few miles and steal a hunters truck on the side of the road to get theirs out.
Managed to get that stuck and set both of them on fire.
Walked away like nothing happened.
Big investigation and the whole story came out.
Both ended up in Prison and booted out. I knew the one guy.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:03:58 AM EDT
[#46]
I was in my radar room when I hear a fracas going on in the radar room above mine (radar 1 and 2 on an Aegis cruiser).  It comes out that a FC2 and a GMG2 were arguing and it went to blows.  At captains mast the next day, the GMG2 is apologetic, but the FC2 smarted off to the CO because he didn't think it was "fair." The GMG2 is given a suspended bust, and the FC2 is busted down to FC3. The very next week the advancement results come out and they BOTH were on the list for E6.  About 6-8 months later the FC3 gets out due to high year tenure, what an idiot that just needed to keep his mouth shut.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Watched a navy standard stockless runaway with all it's chain into the Great Bitter Lake. The brakeman forgot lefty loosey/righty tighty. It made it home stateside before we did.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:12:31 AM EDT
[#48]
I was not the culprit, but close enough to get a wiz quiz from the incident.
Someone running a crane, unloading a spreader bar we were bringing back.
Hit a transmission line.
Lots of safeties failed, hoover dam noticed the spike.  All of nelis temporally dark. Shut down a red flag exercise.

Fun tdy even had someone run out of gas, in an area without cell service. Walk to a brothel in uniform to call for us to bring him some.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:15:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I think the statute of limitations is up on this and I'm retired now, so here is my should have wound up in prison fuck up.

We were on pre-mobilization training at Ft. Stewart in early 2002. Myself and several of us went downtown to Hurricanes for their Drink Till You Drown Special. I think it was $9 for a mug and they would refill it for free all night long.

After we closed down Hurricanes, we went back to the barracks. Myself and another Joe got the urge to go four wheeling. We had all of our Humvees parked right outside, so what do we do? Grab the keys to my Humvee and go for an adventure. We wound up on one of the drop zones to the north and we were having a blast till we were going up a ravine, and flip the Humvee on it's side. WHOOPS!

We beat feet out of there and are walking down the road when someone pulls over and offers us a ride back to our barracks. When we get back, we grabbed the keys to his Humvee and go attempt to recover mine. All we had was a troop strap. We hooked that bitch up to my Humvee and pull it back on its wheels.

We hauled ass out of there. Both Humvees are muddy as shit so we wash them off at the car wash on post. Got back to the barracks, parked the Humvees and laid down in our bunks just as the sun was coming up.

If it weren't for that guy picking up up and giving us a ride back to he barracks, we would have been completely and totally fucked.

View Quote
Humvees have keys now? What a time to be alive.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
One time I was asked to put my targeting pod on a specific set of grids, only to see a dude fucking a donkey.
View Quote

@Troutman84 BTDT.  Seen plenty of m-f, m-m and some m-animal... but never got to see f-f.  Guess it just doesn't happen much in that culture.
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top