Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2021 10:40:00 PM EDT
Starting to get spiders; what’s the best available without an applicators license?
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:52:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Disregard. This isn’t GD.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:32:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I use talstar pro. It kills everything up here in MI inside or out. I know Texas has some more interesting critters.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:38:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had excellent results with Bayer Temprid FX.

It comes in a concentrated liquid, which you water down considerably, and apply with a sprayer.

I treated my basement (amongst other places) a couple years ago, and it still seems to be working.  I still see insects down there, but they are usually dead.

Also seemed to work well on my outside wooden porch.  Used to be crawling with ants and other things all the time, but now..... nothing.

I'll probably die of cancer soon...
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:41:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Go here. Fuck all that license nonsense.

Do My Own Pest Control
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:52:01 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks,,and nobody replied Kill it with fire,,,cause this ain't GD
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:54:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go here. Fuck all that license nonsense.

Do My Own Pest Control
View Quote

That's where I bought it; at their storefront.

It's like a wonderland of insecticide there, and their sales staff actually know what they are talking about.  Rare in this day.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#7]
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00555SR9Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have used this for years.
I spray the inside when everyone is gone. so maybe once a year if I am lucky.
I spray outside around the foundation every 5 months or so.

In general no bugs inside.
ants are sometimes the exception. I just use ant bait for them and they are gone pretty quick after that.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:23:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Bengal Roach Spray
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:26:29 AM EDT
[#9]
For inside the home I use Ortho Home Defense Max. It’s a bifenthrin product. I spray the baseboards and entrances. Seems to work quite well. They now have a cool battery power pump wand that works well.

I use permethrin and bifenthrin on the exterior of the house for bugs and I get it from domyownpestcontrol.com.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Demand CS

It's the bubonic plague to insects and arachnids. Harmless for 2 and 4 legged things once dry.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 10:00:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Demon.

Comes as a powder in a water-soluble packet.
Toss it in a sprayer, fill with water, and spray.

Link Posted: 5/25/2021 1:22:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Demon.

View Quote

I do this around the outside perimeter and the baseboards in my basement. It works very well and lasts a long time.

I think it might be unsafe for cats? Not sure where I heard that but for some reason it came to mind. I don't have any though.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 2:41:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone know of something that'll kill mosquitos?

I've tried everything I can think of. No standing water anywhere. I even put up a bat house.

2 years later...still no bats.

Edit: Sorry, OP. This is now an exterior bug killin' thread.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 3:32:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Be careful with what you use if you have pets.  I tried a whiz bang pest killer recommended here on ARF. It worked great.  But I noticed my new cat started acting more retarded than usual.  Went online and read precautions a little more carefully and it can cause nervous system reactions in cats.  Yea, little guy had to stay off his favorite back screen porch for a few weeks.  Never used it again.  But damn, it killed the bugs dead.

My front porch was the typical turn on the lights and watch them scatter. After one application, I didn't see roaches on the front porch for over 2 years.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 9:21:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Anyone know of something that'll kill mosquitos?

I've tried everything I can think of. No standing water anywhere. I even put up a bat house.

2 years later...still no bats.

Edit: Sorry, OP. This is now an exterior bug killin' thread.
View Quote

Go to https://www.domyown.com/  Buy yourself some bifenthrin .  Wait till the hottest part of the day.  Mix it up and go to the areas where you have mosquito problems.  Spray the underside of the leaves of all the plants.  That's it.  Mosquitoes hang out on the underside of the leaves during the hot time of the day so spraying bifenthrin on the underside kills the majority of them.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 12:38:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Demon.

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Diatomaceous earth if you’d rather not spread chemicals all over the place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top