Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2022 11:58:02 AM EDT
I use Strong to track workouts and want one that can help me with my nutrition/macros BUT I am not interested in paying a monthly subscription and dont need a "diet counselling" service.  I eat real food and dont need to scan bar codes. I also dont want something to tell me Im eating too much protein and that red meat is bad like Noom appears to be focused.

I want something into which I put my targets and inputs for cal, protein, fat, and carbs so I can track and be more disciplined in my food.  

I dont mind paying for something that works, but dont want to pay a subscription or for a bunch of crap I dont need/want.  I need/want a decent self management tool so I dont have to carry a notebook and pencil around with me.

Any recommendations?

I havent been in this forum for a while and came thinking for sure there would be a tacked thread with the top apps, but maybe they change too frequently.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#1]
MyFitnessPal used to do all of this, but I haven’t used it in a long time. I think it will do what you want, but macros cost money. They have barcode scan AND you can just take a picture of the food and it is supposed to identify. Might be worth a free trial…
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Had been using MFP for years until they started cramming it with ads.

Just switched over to Cronometer. Free. Simple. Haven’t used it that much, though.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 1:34:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been using Lose it! for about 12 years. I have been happy with it. I have the subscription but I cannot remember wether it is required to track specific nutrients.
Link Posted: 11/9/2022 10:20:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I currently use MyPlate. It also scans bar codes and seems to have a pretty extensive database (probably same as MFP).
It lets you track fat, protein, carbs with the free version, but if you want more detailed I guess you have to pay.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Macrofactor is by far the best nutrition tracking app available. It's not free, but if you're seriously trying to track, it's definitely worth the $6/mo.

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/macrofactor/

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top