Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2019 4:25:56 PM EDT
Wife’s brother smokes pretty heavy.  He is thinking of trying vaping - and is considering a Juule.  Is this a good device for this use - or are their others.  Stepson has a Nord, wife a Mico.  Not sure if they are better than Juule for this purpose - but at least they are not owned by big tobacco.

Have read that people trying to quite usually prefer a harder through hit and I expect a stealthier device is probably better than a full size, full power mod.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 7:45:00 PM EDT
[#1]
waste of time and money
it's not healthier so why bother

chantix is the answer

X smoker 3 years and 2 months after 30+ years of as much as 3 packs a day
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 10:35:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't used the Jul.  I have a buddy that uses it.  He really likes it.

Jul wasn't around when I quit smoking but, I used similar cig-a-likes to get off cigs. I knew that they were a patch until I found a better device.

You will likely want to find a mouth to lung device.  Pods, fit the bill. or AIO devices (all in one) Low watt high ohm coils usually fit the bill.  Smok Nord 22 stick mod/vape pen.

For me the AIO's didn't have the battery capacity that I needed so I went to a dual 18650 eventually.

I have been running an Aegis Legend with Falcon tank.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 3:53:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I am playing the the same mod, using a drop dead rda and a Zeus X.  I would recommend it to him, but I don’t think it really fits what he will want.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 7:09:17 AM EDT
[#4]
I use a Smok baby. Its small and I get a good effect from it.

I was a smoker for 20 years and switched to vaping and have not looked back. I didnt think it would work but it did. Have not smoked a cig in over 5 years*

It may not be as good for you as not doing anything but it is better than cigs.

OK I have smoked a cig, maybe 2-3 a year, just because.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 5:11:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ak47Dennis] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mousehunter:
I am playing the the same mod, using a drop dead rda and a Zeus X.  I would recommend it to him, but I don't think it really fits what he will want.
View Quote
I have the Zeus X RTA, the profile Unity RTA is better.

Profile RDA and nice 90 watt mod
Link Posted: 7/4/2019 11:48:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By guyina4x4:
waste of time and money

chantix is the answer

View Quote
Cite, proof, research?
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 10:34:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Came back from vacation today, and opened new toy boxes.  You were correct.  Thank you for the advice on the Profile.  Now have the Profile RDA on the Aegis, and the Unity is sitting on a Paranormal 250c (which is utterly overkill - especially since TC does not work with Kathol - but damn.  Pretty sure the RDA and the DNA were the best combination yet - just do not have them set up like that at the moment.

2 hands, 2 mods, no problems...   using 3mg, so not addicted...yet.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 11:01:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I quit with willpower and some of that Nicorette gum. Surprised how well it worked.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 11:27:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd guide him towards a salt set up and let him pick a device that appeals to his needs. Does he want something easy to pocket and carry? Something with or without a button? Etc. Etc.

Vapewild is a good site to check out devices and juices. Salt will deliver him more nicotine at first and he can step down from there.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 11:28:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ak47Dennis] [#10]
Originally Posted By mousehunter:
Came back from vacation today, and opened new toy boxes.  You were correct.  Thank you for the advice on the Profile.  Now have the Profile RDA on the Aegis, and the Unity is sitting on a Paranormal 250c (which is utterly overkill - especially since TC does not work with Kathol - but damn.  Pretty sure the RDA and the DNA were the best combination yet - just do not have them set up like that at the moment.

2 hands, 2 mods, no problems...   using 3mg, so not addicted...yet.
View Quote
I am running my Profile RDA on my Aegis Solo at 40-45 watts, if you over power (the mesh spools lighting fast) it and get a dry hit it is really really horriable . The good new is you can tell when its drying, I prefer wicking it with Firebolt cotton (x3 pieces)

Just order the Vandy Vape Pules X 80 Squonk mod for my Profile RDA can't wait! Its difficult to drive a re-drip it all the time LOL

Rock on
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 10:27:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BURN] [#11]
Biggest clouds and great flavors from this beast

Steam Crave pwm kit....

Attachment Attached File

That tank is 41mm diameter! and 18mls of liquid in the tank plus another 4-5 in the bottom.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 3:52:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fatcat4620] [#12]
I started recently with a smok 22. It works great but I'm already looking for something with a bigger battery and more juice capacity. Don't let him half ass it or it will be really easy to pick up cigs again.
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 12:03:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/14/2019 12:07:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Raymo2u] [#14]
Originally Posted By guyina4x4:
waste of time and money

chantix is the answer

View Quote
Because its the best working method to date....

Chantix is one of the best ways to gather up thoughts of suicide.

I would seriously consider a VXV RB Pod Kit. Its the best pod kit Ive seen to date. It uses a dock that charges swappable batteries for the device, its refillable, and the cartridges come in packs of three and last week+ with 50mg+ Nic Salts.

If you need more vaper I would suggest looking into mechanical mods like the Defiant DS and a RDA or RTA from ReloadVaporUSA.

Link Posted: 9/14/2019 5:31:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: getalab] [#15]
I’d suggest a Aegis Mini or Solo, with a Innokin Zlide tank. It’s a mouth to lung setup,
and supposed to rep smoking better. I’d also suggest going to Black Note and getting
their sample pak of natural extracted tobacco juices. Vaping a flavor I was used to at first
made it easier than I expected. .
Link Posted: 10/26/2019 5:39:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Tommorow will be a week since I had a cigarette. Pack and a half a day non-filter. Researching vape shit gave me a headache. Not interested in making this a hobby. Just a way to quit. Got a Smok Novo 2 and a bottle of VGod Cubano 25mg salt nic. Small and fits right in the coin pocket of my jeans. Theres a higher nicotine version but the 25mg was sufficient to tame the cravings. The tobacco taste is spot on and even the clouds are pretty comparable to an actual cigg. Has been working for me anyway.
Link Posted: 10/26/2019 11:29:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top