Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 12:17:55 PM EDT
[#1]
standing by for concrete evidence

Link Posted: 8/1/2019 12:19:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

WildBoar does bring up a valid point.  When listening to the Sierra Sounds, the one bit that always stood out to me was the comment "there's one down by the rocks" or something to that effect.  That always gave me the impression that Ron Morehead and his companions actually laid eyes on what made the sounds.  In the latest Missing 411 movie, Morehead flat out says during his conversation with Paulides that he never actually saw what was making the sounds.

Now, Scott Nelson's analysis of the recording lends credence to the theory that a large non-human primate with a vocal range outside of human capabilities made these sounds. However, Morehead himself cannot say that he visually confirmed the source.
View Quote
I have read his book and don’t recall him ever mentioning that.  If you are intimately familiar with the terrain, you are going to know where things are happening.  I personally trust his work, and his work is widely used in the field.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
Go find a sidewalk.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 12:27:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Concrete mix is way to heavy, will plaster do?

Link Posted: 8/1/2019 12:32:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Concrete mix is way to heavy, while plaster do?

http://www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/images/bigfoot/bigfoot_group2_labeled.jpg
View Quote
The Sabine is really close to me.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 12:42:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Concrete mix is way to heavy, while plaster do?

http://www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/images/bigfoot/bigfoot_group2_labeled.jpg
View Quote
ok, that made me

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 12:50:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There's an even more Mythical Creature we should worry about, The Moderate Democrat
View Quote
Never saw one in the wild.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 12:52:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Never saw one in the wild.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Lol - There must be hundreds of thousands of these people leaving tracks in obscure locations across N America just in case someone finds it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I’ve watched every Sasquatch, Chupacabra, UFO, Loch Ness, Mothman, etc. show on TV. I keep waiting for the ultimate proof moment. They all end the same.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I’ve watched every Sasquatch, Chupacabra, UFO, Loch Ness, Mothman, etc. show on TV. I keep waiting for the ultimate proof moment. They all end the same.
View Quote
I did watch some show on discovery or history a little bit ago and at the end one of the DNA samples they had was non human primate DNA but didnt match anything in the gene bank.

It was somewhere in the US but I dont remember where.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:05:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Those shows are designed to sell advertising, not answer questions.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:06:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I did watch some show on discovery or history a little bit ago and at the end one of the DNA samples they had was non human primate DNA but didnt match anything in the gene bank.

View Quote
Was that Destination Truth with Josh Gates?
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:10:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You might want to do some more research into Todd Standing. He has been proven to hoax Bigfoot evidence in the past. It taints everything he does.
View Quote
What evidence has been proven to be a hoax?

The 'muppet' images that were proven to be photoshopped?  Those were photoshopped by another researcher who edited out the branches to allow a full picture of the face.  Not Standing.

The allegations that either his wife or sister is a make up artist?  That person is a cosmetician.  Not a special effects artist.  They put lipstick and eyeshadow on people.  Not latex prosthetic effects.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:11:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

+1

just because you saw astronaut steve austin beat his ass in the six million dollar man tv show when you were six doesn’t make him real
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/2275/EBAF9F6E-E38A-4B5D-9D54-363797BACE9B_jpeg-1037179.JPG
View Quote
I loved that show!  I had both toys!
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:18:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I have read his book and don’t recall him ever mentioning that.  If you are intimately familiar with the terrain, you are going to know where things are happening.  I personally trust his work, and his work is widely used in the field.
View Quote
Mentioning what?  The down by the rocks comment or that he never actually laid eyes on the creature?

I trust and admire his work as well, and am fully aware of his standing in the field.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Mentioning what?  The down by the rocks comment or that he never actually laid eyes on the creature?

I trust and admire his work as well, and am fully aware of his standing in the field.
View Quote
The laying eyes on the creature part.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:23:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe that the Snellgrove Lake episode of Monster Quest yielded some unidentified primate DNA.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:35:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The laying eyes on the creature part.
View Quote
I didn't recall seeing that in either Voices in the Wilderness or Quantum Bigfoot either, but he did say it when asked in Missing 411 : Hunters.

Given the circumstances, terrain, and Nelson's review of the audio...there is no doubt on what they were experiencing.  However, I was surprised when Morehead said that he did not have a visual.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#20]
when someone shoots one it's going to be revealed that it was a guy in a Bigfoot suit all along.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
None.

If they existed there would be trophies of them.

Look at all the animals we've wiped out, or nearly wiped out on this continent.

Does anyone think these things could hide so well that no hunter would have ever shot/killed one?  No remains would have been found (they may be big, but what the hell can stand up to a big brown bear when it's hungry or pissed?)

The Indians used the hides off every big, tough, mean critter in North America for blankets or clothes.  Does anyone think the Indians would have been anymore afraid of hunting a bigfoot than a big grizzly or brown bear?  The Eskimos in Alaska/Canada killed polar bears before they had guns?  What's bigger, meaner, tougher to kill than a big bear?
View Quote
Hell, every forest Indian would have had a Sasquatch  scalp hanging on his lodge pole.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 1:48:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
when someone shoots one it's going to be revealed that it was a guy in a Bigfoot suit all along.
View Quote
Sure. Thousands of people around the world own bigfoot costumes and risk their lives just for that.

Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:11:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Sure. Thousands of people around the world own bigfoot costumes and risk their lives just for that.

View Quote
It probably those same several thousand people who hike miles into remote backcountry areas in order to take all the footprints.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:20:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I didn't recall seeing that in either Voices in the Wilderness or Quantum Bigfoot either, but he did say it when asked in Missing 411 : Hunters.

Given the circumstances, terrain, and Nelson's review of the audio...there is no doubt on what they were experiencing.  However, I was surprised when Morehead said that he did not have a visual.
View Quote
Is Quantum Bigfoot worth reading?
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Hell, every forest Indian would have had a Sasquatch  scalp hanging on his lodge pole.
View Quote
It was the other way around.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Indians called them Stone Giants and said that their weapons were ineffective against them. One theory says that Sasquatch went from being the cannibal giants of Indian lore to the reclusive creatures of today when the white man introduced firearms to the area.  Once they knew that they could be taken they became less belligerent.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:36:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Indians called them Stone Giants (GENOSKWA)and said that their weapons were ineffective against them. One theory says that Sasquatch went from being the cannibal giants of Indian lore to the reclusive creatures of today when the white man introduced firearms to the area.  Once they knew that they could be taken they became less belligerent.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. Get both.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:37:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Indians called them Stone Giants and said that their weapons were ineffective against them. One theory says that Sasquatch went from being the cannibal giants of Indian lore to the reclusive creatures of today when the white man introduced firearms to the area.  Once they knew that they could be taken they became less belligerent.
View Quote
A parallel theory is that European germs knocked their numbers down, similar to Native tribes.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:38:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

No. Get both.
View Quote
Enhance?  
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:40:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Is Quantum Bigfoot worth reading?
View Quote
I can't say that I enjoyed reading it, because he will go pages without mentioning Bigfoot at all and instead focuses in the science andhow he believes it backs up his idea of what Bigfoot is.  
Howeverr, I think that it was important to read it as it gives a possible scientific explanation for the less scientific aspects of the phenomenon.  It basically gives pretty good explanations for the 'woo'.

I think that your beliefs on the subject run pretty much concurrent with mine.  I believe that you would find it interesting.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:42:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I can't say that I enjoyed reading it, because he will go pages without mentioning Bigfoot at all and instead focuses in the science andhow he believes it backs up his idea of what Bigfoot is.  
Howeverr, I think that it was important to read it as it gives a possible scientific explanation for the less scientific aspects of the phenomenon.  It basically gives pretty good explanations for the 'woo'.

I think that your beliefs on the subject run pretty much concurrent with mine.  I believe that you would find it interesting.
View Quote
Yes, and get out of my head.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:43:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Have you read Scott Carpenter’s book yet?
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:51:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

A parallel theory is that European germs knocked their numbers down, similar to Native tribes.
View Quote
iirc, Peter Byrne said that a couple of native elders told him that the Omah caught the white man's disease in the early 1800s and many died off.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Have you read Scott Carpenter’s book yet?
View Quote
Not yet.  I need to break down and buy it to read.  I have a great deal of interest in his work and investigative techniques.  He also operated in my neck of the woods so that adds to the interest.

I was happy that he got some positive exposure on the Survivorman series.  His Smokey Audio is a great piece of evidence.  We have heard similar (but much fainter) sounds in the Smokies.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#36]
I need some of these books. Alas, saving money for a home and land.

Near a good creek. Wooded. Eastern Oklahoma.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lots of escaped zoo animals in that area.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope to meet indigenous creatures.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#39]
So. Here's an interesting event for yall.
So, my brother in WV, sends me a text.
His neighbor recorded some noises, she said it lasted 15 minutes or so.
I have a 6 second clip of it. But need my good phones to listen
Anyway.
She gets freaked out and calls the DNR to take a report and see her video.
DNR guy flat out tells her that he has never heard anything like it. Tells her
" well, you just got the 1st recording of a bigfoot on XYZ mountain...congrats."

Eta: from what little i can hear .
Its a long low howl or hollering. Whooooooooooooooo sound.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So. Here's an interesting event for yall.
So, my brother in WV, sends me a text.
His neighbor recorded some noises, she said it lasted 15 minutes or so.
I have a 6 second clip of it. But need my good phones to listen
Anyway.
She gets freaked out and calls the DNR to take a report and see her video.
DNR guy flat out tells her that he has never heard anything like it. Tells her
" well, you just got the 1st recording of a bigfoot on XYZ mountain...congrats."

Eta: from what little i can hear .
Its a long low howl or hollering. Whooooooooooooooo sound.
View Quote
DNR said that?!?  

He must be new.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

DNR said that?!?  

He must be new.
View Quote
Yup.

He must not have gotten the 'you saw/heard a bear' training yet.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 4:43:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Yup.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DNR said that?!?  

He must be new.
Yup.

Link Posted: 8/1/2019 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

DNR said that?!?  

He must be new.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The 'muppet' images that were proven to be photoshopped?  Those were photoshopped by another researcher who edited out the branches to allow a full picture of the face.  Not Standing.

The allegations that either his wife or sister is a make up artist?  That person is a cosmetician.  Not a special effects artist.  They put lipstick and eyeshadow on people.  Not latex prosthetic effects.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You might want to do some more research into Todd Standing. He has been proven to hoax Bigfoot evidence in the past. It taints everything he does.

His video of the "trail watchers" is widely considered to be a hoax. Also suing to have someone admit he is correct about bigfoot when his "proof" is shown to be a hoax. Yeah that all makes you have credibility.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 4:55:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

DNR said that?!?  

He must be new.
View Quote
I told my bro..im surprised he said that. Normally it's " ohh..thats a spotted ear screech owl "  lol.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 5:31:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

His video of the "trail watchers" is widely considered to be a hoax. Also suing to have someone admit he is correct about bigfoot when his "proof" is shown to be a hoax. Yeah that all makes you have credibility.
View Quote
I agree with you.  He has a shady history and his work needs to be heavily scrutinized.  However, he is a serious about the subject and others are saying good things about him. Unless I was there and could verify it, I would never endorse his work as genuine.  Unfortunately, it’s easy to throw the baby out with the bath water, but he made his bed. I have met my hero’s and they are all human with faults.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#47]
I’ve hike throughout the PNW, portions of NW Montana and Idaho. There are some very dense and remote areas that I’d bet very few people have been in. They could very well exist and with game cameras and technology have no doubt images will come forth in the next few years to prove it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 5:50:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I agree with you.  He has a shady history and his work needs to be heavily scrutinized.  However, he is a serious about the subject and others are saying good things about him. Unless I was there and could verify it, I would never endorse his work as genuine.  Unfortunately, it’s easy to throw the baby out with the bath water, but he made his bed. I have met my hero’s and they are all human with faults.
View Quote
Agreed.  However, widely considered to be a hoax does not make his work a hoax.  The whole subject of Bigfoot is considered to be a hoax by many.  That does not invalidate the subject in my eyes.  It just seems that with Standing everyone is quick to call him a hoax just because they heard that he is a hoaxer.  So, what has been hoaxed?  The picture that Barackman dubbed the muppet?  The one that is obviously photoshopped?  It has been photoshopped, but not by Standing.  It was a guy named  Alex Putney who photoshopped the branches out of the picture to get an idea of the entire face.  The end result looks horrible and fake, but the end result is not what Standing released.

I am not saying that he is 100% authentic, but I refuse to jump on the Hate Todd Standing bandwagon just because someone heard that he was a hoaxer.  He certainly isn't Biscardi.

I honestly think that Todd had an encounter, but that he is somewhere on the spectrum and has a hard time with social interactions.  He rubs people the wrong way with his enthusiasm for the subject.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Agreed.  However, widely considered to be a hoax does not make his work a hoax.  The whole subject of Bigfoot is considered to be a hoax by many.  That does not invalidate the subject in my eyes.  It just seems that with Standing everyone is quick to call him a hoax just because they heard that he is a hoaxer.  So, what has been hoaxed?  The picture that Barackman dubbed the muppet?  The one that is obviously photoshopped?  It has been photoshopped, but not by Standing.  It was a guy named  Alex Putney who photoshopped the branches out of the picture to get an idea of the entire face.  The end result looks horrible and fake, but the end result is not what Standing released.

I am not saying that he is 100% authentic, but I refuse to jump on the Hate Todd Standing bandwagon just because someone heard that he was a hoaxer.  He certainly isn't Biscardi.

I honestly think that Todd had an encounter, but that he is somewhere on the spectrum and has a hard time with social interactions.  He rubs people the wrong way with his enthusiasm for the subject.
View Quote
I absolutely have no doubts he has had many encounters.  The problem is when people try to monetize it or seek out fame.  People give up their scruples while reaching for the moon.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 7:12:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I absolutely have no doubts he has had many encounters.  The problem is when people try to monetize it or seek out fame.  People give up their scruples while reaching for the moon.
View Quote
Absolutely.  Everyone wants to be a celebrity in this field

Not to mention that many people feel that they constantly have to raise the bar to stay relevant in this field.  That's why I always found Mike Wooley to be a credible witness. His story stayed consistent throughout the years.  He didn't try to out do everyone else with his encounter.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top