Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2018 10:58:45 PM EDT
Skype, duo, signal? Trying to find something that works well with ios, android, and windows. Linux support would be great but not absolutely necessary. Any advice?
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 12:28:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I use Signal on my Android phones and desktop. My wife and oldest kids use Signal on iOS. When we've traveled overseas, we've used Signal video and/or audio to communicate back with the kids.

I don't trust Skype. Duo is meh.

I do like that Signal told Australia to shove their encryption law up their arses, since Signal is open source and can't have a back door without it being detected.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 4:40:36 AM EDT
[#2]
That's the way was leaning. I just didn't know anyone who uses it on ios and wanted to make sure it wasn't buggy. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 8:07:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 8:43:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Signal.

Beware, though... It uses a lot of battery.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I've used Skype with Ubuntu.  Detected camera and headset fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top