BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2020 10:30:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#1]
https://www.amazon.com/Eisenhower-Soldier-President-Renowned-One/dp/0671747584

Prepare to get hooked on Amrbose. I've read everything he ever published.

He was Eisenhower's official biographer. It was an early and formative assignment in his career. He learned that in order to be successful, he had to not only know the history well, he also needed to be able to tell a good story. Ambrose's writing is a perfect mix of story telling and facts. It's like reading a great work of fiction, except it all really happened.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 6:50:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Ambrose also wrote "Band of Brothers".  This was a best selling book and the basis for the TV series.

Most of his books are home runs.
His books on the building of the trans-America railroad, and the Lewis and Clark expedition are excellent and then some.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 12:39:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I started to buy the kindle edition of Ambrose' book until I noticed no audible version is available. Lately I have been reading a lot of pretty long history books but I really need the ability to go back and forth from kindle to audible to get through them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 3:54:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Crusade in Europe by... Eisenhower.  There are some gems in there, but my bro Ike needed an editor.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 7:11:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Crusade in Europe by... Eisenhower.  There are some gems in there, but my bro Ike needed an editor.
View Quote

Reading that now.  It's giving me perspectives I wasn't aware of.  For example, concern that the Germans would invade the Iberian Peninsula and threaten Ike's North African supply chain.  The Italian desire to surrender and the secret negotiations.  The sailing of the Italian fleet the same time the battleship Howe and four cruisers were heading there.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top