Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2023 4:35:58 PM EDT
thinking I need another obsolete piece of equipment to add to the other obsolete stuff.......

best bang for the buck player?
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 4:45:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TREETOP] [#1]
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 4:57:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Bare bones, so I guess you have a receiver with full HDMI 2.0+ inputs.

I myself am poor.  My 10 year-old receiver only has version 1.2, so I needed a Blu-ray player with two HDMI outputs - one for video into my monitor, the other for audio into my dinosaur receiver.

Translation:  If your receiver is HDMI 2.0 or above, just buy the cheapest player you can find that has a 2.0 or better connector.
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#3]
We got a Sony BDP-S3700 a couple years ago when our older dvd players died. It's been a pretty solid unit.  Not 4k (neither is our TV), but they do have a BDP-S6700 that does 4k for under $100.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 3:09:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: flyhack72] [#4]
Panasonic has their DP UB150 for about $170

Sony has a BDP S6700 for under $100

I'd say get a PS5 and call it a day but that provides way more than bare bones.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 3:49:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you want to watch regular BluRay upscaled to 4K or do you want to watch 4K UHD BluRays? The Sony X700M is probably the cheapest UHD player and does a really good job. The PS5 doesn't do UHD which I think is really stupid but it is what it is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top