Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2020 10:26:06 AM EDT
What to choose?

Supposedly there is a book so comprehensively researched on the Bell Witch that it includes even the Bell family's history before their arrival in Tennessee and may even suggest a crime committed by the father that led to the haunting.

Anybody able to offer some insight?

The Bell Witch Wiki page
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Used to live close to there. Sorry do not know about the book. I`ve heard a blood kin decendent was hit by something sideways off the road in his pickup truck, badly injured. Should have never moved the witches skull out of the cave. Want absolutely nothing to do with any of that.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:54:31 PM EDT
[#2]
It's supposed to have been a well documented haunting complete with nasty affects and after affects. Hans Holzer gave the haunting a thorough review in his book "Ghosts" .
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 4:50:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe JB Rine (sp?) did some research and investigation into the Bell Witch site back in the 50s-60s.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 10:59:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What to choose?

Supposedly there is a book so comprehensively researched on the Bell Witch that it includes even the Bell family's history before their arrival in Tennessee and may even suggest a crime committed by the father that led to the haunting.

Anybody able to offer some insight?

The Bell Witch Wiki page
View Quote
I think that's the part they focused on for the movie which I thought was just Hollywood pedo lust.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 9:50:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe JB Rine (sp?) did some research and investigation into the Bell Witch site back in the 50s-60s.
View Quote

Sorry. Mis-remembered.
Edgar Cayce, not J.B. Rine.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 9:31:48 PM EDT
[#6]
@DocGlockster

You might want to check out the most recent episode from the Last Podcast on the Left. They're covering The Bell Witch in a series. The first episode is titled *Episode 427: The Bell Witch Part I - Old Sugar Mouth*. If you have spotify, here is the link: https://open.spotify.com/episode/5YTVj8GGw6zdTTeRRGsWWX?si=pgkN5lewTomXO2NwX4DvjA
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 7:21:25 AM EDT
[#7]
If I recall correctly, the stuff about John Bell (crime) was strictly fiction for the movie. By all accounts he was a decent, religious man.  

Living in TN I’ve always been intrigued by this case as it had several notable witnesses and the effects of the haunting could be somewhat verified.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 9:37:50 PM EDT
[#8]
@DocGlockster, The Last Podcast on the Left just released a couple of episodes on the Bell Witch that's pretty good if you're interested in checking it out. They went to spotify exclusively, so hopefully you have that. I guess the app or an account is free for some podcasts, but YMMV.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:19:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Check this thread out on Reddit:

My Experiences with the Bell Witch Haunting
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 11:03:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Expletive Deleted!  Wow!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top