Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2021 3:32:20 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with one of these? Looks like a handy little 9mm PCC for those of us with a ton of Beretta 92 mags laying around.

Anyone have experience on slings/lights that work well on this setup?

Any trick upgrade parts?

Best optic options?

I know nothing about the platform, other than it looks interesting because I have a Wilson 92G
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#1]
check out this site; http://sierrapapacx4.com/  .  I sent my CX4 to them to upgrade the awful trigger, much better. They also told me my trigger housing was cracked, something to look out for if buying used. I added the forearm picatinny rail and have bolt release on both sides(kind of expensive for just the add)  Have a Romeo 5 on it.  I like the system(I have M9 and 92 compact also, same mags, verry cool.)  Can get 30 round mags too.  It replaces AR15 as home defense long gun.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:08:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Had one and sold it, not because there was anything wrong with it, just didn't use it. The only issue I found is that some after market mags would not work with it, especially the 30 round ones (wouldn't lock into the mag well). All the Beretta OEM ones that I tried worked great.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:15:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Sierra Papa does a conversion that cuts off the stock and converts it to accept AR buffer tube stocks.  I sent them an email asking about getting a piece of Pic rail attached instead, but they never responded.

The C4 is really short, with a 16” barrel it’s about as long as a 10.5” AR.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one as a companion gun to my 92FS. I don’t  understand complaints about the trigger mine is accurate as hell. It’s a fun shooter. Order the little rail sections from Beretta if it doesn’t come with them to mount a flashlight. But it does have a rail built-in that retracts under the barrel.

I put a cheap red dot on mine and it’s very handy. Treat yourself to some Beretta 30 round mags along with it but it runs pistol mags just fine. I have those and 13 USGI surplus checkmate mags that work great.

I just have a hunting type sling on it from Allen as it has the sling attachment with the little pins in it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:42:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one as a companion gun to my 92FS. I don't  understand complaints about the trigger mine is accurate as hell. It's a fun shooter.
View Quote

This. I HAD a one, added 2 more sections of the stock end for a better fit. Mine was accurate out of the box with any decent 9mm.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Good information folks! I'll keep this in mind.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:16:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I don’t  understand complaints about the trigger mine is accurate as hell.
View Quote

It's got a heavy pull ("police trigger"), which is fine with me - pretty much eliminates any need to use the safety.

I put a Trijicon MRO sight on mine - Perfect for a compact rifle.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sierra Papa does a conversion that cuts off the stock and converts it to accept AR buffer tube stocks.  I sent them an email asking about getting a piece of Pic rail attached instead, but they never responded.

The C4 is really short, with a 16" barrel it's about as long as a 10.5" AR.

View Quote
Here's a pic for reference.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Iiiiiinterresting
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The C4 is really short, with a 16" barrel it's about as long as a 10.5" AR.

Here's a pic for reference.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137867/Collapsible_buttstock_conversion_2--_res-1784012.JPG

What in the tapcobubbafuck would you that for?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#11]
If you had a pic rail in place of that buffer tube nut, you could actually make a worth while improvement with a SIG folder.  SBR the too.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:05:56 PM EDT
[#12]
These are fun for blasting!  Great shooters.  
I don't know how Beretta did it, but these are extremely reliable.  Most of the mechanical parts are plastic.  

I've purchased a cocking handle and a top rail from random sellers on Ebay.  The rail was super easy to install.  
There are Beretta coupons posted here in GD occasionally for accessories.  I bought some 30 round factory mags for around $20 each.  

The CX4 is not heavy, so I went with a cheap basic sling.  I put these on all my black rifles.  
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RIFLE-SLING-BLACK-1-25-x-52-HEAVY-DUTY-NYLON-US-Mfg/313046428725
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
These are fun for blasting!  Great shooters.  
I don't know how Beretta did it, but these are extremely reliable.  Most of the mechanical parts are plastic.  

I've purchased a cocking handle and a top rail from random sellers on Ebay.  The rail was super easy to install.  
There are Beretta coupons posted here in GD occasionally for accessories.  I bought some 30 round factory mags for around $20 each.  

The CX4 is not heavy, so I went with a cheap basic sling.  I put these on all my black rifles.  
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RIFLE-SLING-BLACK-1-25-x-52-HEAVY-DUTY-NYLON-US-Mfg/313046428725
View Quote

What do you mean by "top rail?"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top