Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2022 12:49:11 AM EDT
My oldest son (14) and I drive up from Georgia yesterday. Day one down and 49 miles of riding, including a group night ride. My sons has a goal of riding 100 miles for the 3 days we will be here. We are beat… I mean, I am beat. I have a YT Izzo demo in the morning and a decoy setup for Sunday. I’ll need the e-bike by then.

Anyone else at the bike fest this weekend?
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 1:19:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in Fayetteville to have a weekend away. Didn't know there was a bike festival going on.

This is Bentonville, AR, right?
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:17:54 AM EDT
[#2]
49 miles of MTBiking is huge.  Good on you!

I've heard that Bentonville is becoming a mountain bike mecca.  True?
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:26:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rippr334:
I'm in Fayetteville to have a weekend away. Didn't know there was a bike festival going on.

This is Bentonville, AR, right?
View Quote

Yup. Goes through Sunday. Address of the venue is Here
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:28:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By WWolfe:
49 miles of MTBiking is huge.  Good on you!

I've heard that Bentonville is becoming a mountain bike mecca.  True?
View Quote

It really is. They trademarked “Mountain Bike Capitol of the World”, so it wasn’t given to them. It is definitely fun. Rumor has it the Walton Family bought 1700 acres in the mountains to build a lift assist bike park.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:41:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Offspring:
...They trademarked “Mountain Bike Capitol of the World”, so it wasn’t given to them.....
View Quote

I think Crested Butte, CO or Moab, UT might have something to say about that....  
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 7:45:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Should I show up on my eMtb?  
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 9:57:42 AM EDT
[#7]

It really is. They trademarked “Mountain Bike Capitol of the World”, so it wasn’t given to them. It is definitely fun. Rumor has it the Walton Family bought 1700 acres in the mountains to build a lift assist bike park.
View Quote

Someone did buy this mountain over in Fayetteville to make into a competition track. Not sure about the lift.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I’m with you in spirit.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By DoctorCAD:
Should I show up on my eMtb?  
View Quote

My son and I demo’s e-bikes from YT and had a blast. We did 17 miles in an hour.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 10:37:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Rode the Little Sugar gravel race last October out of Bentonville. Super scenic ride up into the Ozarks. Great little town. Coming back this fall
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By WWolfe:

I think Crested Butte, CO or Moab, UT might have something to say about that....  
View Quote

It beats the heck out of Moab ---    Crested Butte i dont have any experience with though so couldnt say there

That said, i only live about 4 hours away so i get to ride here quite a bit
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Someone did buy this mountain over in Fayetteville to make into a competition track. Not sure about the lift.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

We have a lift in Texas, Spider Mountain that seems to be doing well.  I would think AR would have more than enough elevation for a lift to be successful and profitable.

Link Posted: 8/18/2022 12:02:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TX_M1:
We have a lift in Texas, Spider Mountain that seems to be doing well.  I would think AR would have more than enough elevation for a lift to be successful and profitable.
View Quote

It’s pretty awesome TBH.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By TX_M1:

View Quote

On my list for sure ! ---  not looking forward to the drive from OKC, but ive heard its worth it.        In Bentonville you have to earn the downhills and i dont have a body for climbing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top