Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2021 6:19:53 PM EDT
Anyone play BF2 or Armored Fury online anymore?  I see where folks have "remade" these games and there are some online servers.  Tempted to try.

IIRC there was a website where you could download and play a lot of these old online games, kind of community supported.  Been a long time but used to play old C&C games on it, anyone know what it is?  I wonder if it supports BF2.

ETA:   After some searching, found that you play through BF2 Hub.  It has a BF2 Hub client.  Basically what it comes down to, is you must have a BF2 CD key.  This client will tie the CD key into the BF2 database which apparently is still around.  It can even retrieve your old statistics back to 2005 I think if you used to play.

Anyway, tried it, and it worked.  I actually was able to find an old purchase I made on Origin back when it was first out that included BF2 and the expansions.  The client linked without problems.  I didn't know my old account stuff so created a new one, and poof, the game worked.  There are active services with up to 64 people playing.  Pretty fun to relive the old maps.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:45:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I think BF2 had a strong project reality following not too long ago but not sure if it's still active or not. There are still a few active US BF3 servers and quite a few BF4 for newer titles.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:22:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think BF2 had a strong project reality following not too long ago but not sure if it's still active or not. There are still a few active US BF3 servers and quite a few BF4 for newer titles.
View Quote

Success!   Update in OP
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#3]
i still have bf2 but i havent played in years
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 8:47:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Found a bunch of games, but specifically got BF2 from here. I only do the singleplayer stuff so can't comment on the multiplayer side of it. I've still got my old CD but it's buried in storage somewhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top