Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2021 10:32:46 PM EDT
I've got my NVG and carrier done.  I'm now realizing my carrier is a much smaller real estate than I thought.

Seems to me, I would rather carry handgun, knife, and IFAK on belt.  Leave carrier for armor,  rifle mags, light, info pouch.

Some questions:  
-are all belts stand alone?
   Dual belt/suspended/attach to a carrier?
-any reason I shouldn't look for a wide padded belt?
-what is the preferred buckle system?

What else am I missing?
(34inch waist via tape measure/36 pants; 5'11" 200lbs)
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:04:11 PM EDT
[#1]
30 mins of no responses i just went ahead with....
Attachment Attached File

And suspenders.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:12:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Love my Esstac belt.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:12:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like you’re trying to shove too much crap in too small of a container.  Try to cut it down some.  Maybe look at a backpack for the NVGs and other stuff.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:20:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like you’re trying to shove too much crap in too small of a container.  Try to cut it down some.  Maybe look at a backpack for the NVGs and other stuff.
View Quote

Sorry if I made the OP confusing. I don't intend to hang my NV on the carrier or the belt.

Simply, once I got my first carrier, I was surprised how small it was.  So, a belt seemed like the logical progression for the other items listed.

I likely misrepresented my intentions in the OP.

NVG notwithstanding, I felt I was trying to add too much to the carrier with IFAK, knife, rifle mags, pistol mags, chest holster.....it was getting stupid.  Hence, a belt.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:26:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Steve pointed you in the proper direction.

You are on the right track.

Hope your crye belt comes really soon - their wait times are, um, sometimes really long.

What plates did you get? What carrier?

I’d put the ifak, roscoe, and roscoe mags on the belt along with the knife (if you need it). Add a rifle mag and rolled up dump pouch too if you like. NODs in the ruck with helmet, other crap, and poggie bait. TQ and extra bandage on the carrier.

Any comms (radio)?

Post some pics man!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:36:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:43:19 PM EDT
[#8]
The (2) links above are excellent threads...
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:52:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hope your crye belt comes really soon - their wait times are, um, sometimes really long.

I’d put the ifak, roscoe, and roscoe mags on the belt along with the knife (if you need it). Add a rifle mag and rolled up dump pouch too if you like. NODs in the ruck with helmet, other crap, and poggie bait. TQ and extra bandage on the carrier.

Any comms (radio)?

Post some pics man!!
View Quote

@HIPPO
I don't have much in the way of pics to post.

My carrier is just a Spartan IV+ "Active Shooter" deal.  I wanted a light/mobile deal, and I suppose that's what I got.  I can run and shoot well in it.  Not sure I believe the "IV+" rating as I'm pretty sure that dosent actually exist.

Otherwise its, PVS-7 Gen3, OTAL-C, Wilcox parts on a bump helmet.  USPTac + White mags, Gerber Strongarm.  Larue Rifle with a Vortex 1-8 lpvo.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:36:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:42:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Any comms (radio)?

Post some pics man!!
View Quote

If you put your roscoe on the belt, where do you put your heater?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:42:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

With 30 seconds of looking you could have looked at the massive battle belt thread in the gear forum, or any number of smaller battle belt threads in the gear forum.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
30 mins of no responses i just went ahead with....
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/50735/Screenshot_20210125-220221_Chrome_jpg-1797009.JPG

And suspenders.

With 30 seconds of looking you could have looked at the massive battle belt thread in the gear forum, or any number of smaller battle belt threads in the gear forum.

How TF did I know to go the Crye site?

Read my OP and then find were those questions answered in the aforementioned threads?

I read em over the last 2 months, none specifically answered the questions I put forth in the OP.

Thanks for the snotty reply though. Good bump, Smart-Alleck
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:45:06 AM EDT
[#13]
BAE Systems Assault belt. It's wide, padded, highly adjustable one piece rig. You don't have to worry about sizing precisely; the adjustment is there. Got mine for 35 or 40 bucks new.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:46:34 AM EDT
[#14]
I have the HSGI Suregrip

It can be worn with or without suspenders, the suspenders definitely help when it’s fully loaded

I can’t speak for other buckle types but I can tell you the Cobra buckle on the HSGI works very well
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:46:53 AM EDT
[#15]
I have the Esstac belt. I run a super small zippered pouch, holster, dump, 1 rifle mag 2 pistol mags.

My carrier has 3 rifle mags, admin pouch, ifak, tq.

Keep it simple and light.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:51:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Dumb question....but what would I use a dump pouch for?

Retaining empty mags?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:51:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:52:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Retaining empty mags?
View Quote

Yes and loot
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:52:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Retaining empty mags?
View Quote

Or shit you find or steal
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:53:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Yes you can put your empties in the dump

You can also put your partials in there should you perform a tactical reload
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:53:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is about all I'm wanting use my carrier for.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:55:17 AM EDT
[#22]
After seeing those replies.....I completely forgot if I'm wearing it, I should be gathering treasures lol.

sorry Sorry! I get it now. Lol
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:56:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have the Esstac belt. I run a super small zippered pouch, holster, dump, 1 rifle mag 2 pistol mags.

Keep it simple and light.
View Quote

You have to be halfway in shape and know how to distribute the weight. I do 3 rifle mags on the belt, and 4 on the pc. The only other things I have on the PC equipment wise is a compass, fire starter, pen and note pad in the built in admin pouch. Up to 3L water on the back.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:56:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I've read that thread. It didn't answer my questions
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:58:29 AM EDT
[#25]
For its lack of size and weight, it's dumb to *not* carry a dump pouch.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:59:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:00:24 AM EDT
[#27]
I like my GCode, but I won it so I can't say too much.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:02:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Suspenders make it a lot easier to take a leak, open the buckle and let the belt hang

No need to take the belt off and put it down somewhere
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:06:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:17:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Funny this popped up, I watched too many youtube videos last night on pouches and belts and finally decided on the G-Code operator belt.

I was between  Kywi mag carriers and the G-Code scorpion mag carriers.

The Kywi mag carriers, while looking cooler IMO, are less universal...IE, the ar15 version doesn't take AK mags, pistol pouches take single or double stack but not both, and the scorpion pouches, while having reportedly better retention than the HSGI taco are quickly adjustable. You can adjust the Kywi retention inserts however it requires a heat gun.

and...furthermore those scorpion pouches with the G-Code specific clips, have less wiggle on the g-code belt as opposed to the runner up belt I was looking at which was the Blue Alpha Gear.

G-code belt offers a hook/loop padded inner belt or a non padded inner belt which goes through your belt loops.

I currently have a set of Blue Force Gear suspenders I suppose I should be able to fashion to the G-Code belt if needed.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:17:42 AM EDT
[#31]
I use a usgi pistol belt and lc2 suspenders.

I keep 6 rifle mags, 2 pistol mags, 2 canteens, M12 holster with Beretta M9 and an ass pack.  All with alice clips
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:21:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Suspenders make it a lot easier to take a leak, open the buckle and let the belt hang

No need to take the belt off and put it down somewhere
View Quote

I'm seriously considering suspenders.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:22:30 AM EDT
[#33]
I have blue alpha gear belt, esstac pouches, safarlinand holster with QLS and I am happy.  2 handgun mags, 2 AR mags, and molle so I can add first aid kit, glove clip, knife if needed.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:24:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top