BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Eric is good people.  He’s big into precision shooting, and is a better shooter than I ever will be
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Eric is good people.  He’s big into precision shooting, and is a better shooter than I ever will be

I watched all of his barndo videos as we did as much of the work our-self's as we could.   I have been asked if I had to do it all over would i just hire all of it out  Hell no had a blast and learned a lot.   I was watching u tube for about 2 years every video I could find about building a barndo that i could now living in it even sub 0 temps it only minor things the I might do different. If near east texas I might be able to answer some questions  
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Tagging as my wife and I are a couple of years out from building ours.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:14:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Look for banks that specialize in "farm and ranch" type loans.  They're generally more flexible in how the finance buildings, etc.

Following with interest.
View Quote

We got a mortgage for our purchase.
It’s considered a commercial loan
Second home for us.
15% down
Prime plus 2% 5yr arm.......I believe it’s 5.75% right now
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:24:20 PM EDT
[#4]
We are seriously considering building one in south west SD. Does anyone have any decent builders in the area?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:14:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We got a mortgage for our purchase.
It’s considered a commercial loan
Second home for us.
15% down
Prime plus 2% 5yr arm.......I believe it’s 5.75% right now
View Quote

Are you saying it commercial because it’s your 2nd??
Or because you’re building a barn?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:22:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Couple examples for folks that don’t understand difference in finishing steel vs wood frame “Brando”.
Attachment Attached File

Wood frame structure , looks just like a house, minus masonry work. You could add rock, brick ect if you felt like it. Very easy .
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Above is our current project. If you notice, the apartment is completely contained inside the barn. It tied into the purlins, but really it’s completely separate.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 10:40:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Are you saying it commercial because it’s your 2nd??
Or because you’re building a barn?
View Quote

Because it’s our second.

We couldn’t find a “normal” lender to write a mortgage on non-typical construction.

A local bank referred by our realtor set us up.

They don’t have a website to pay our loan......wife calls in or mails the payment.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 11:20:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Some floor plans me and the wife like. Would make changes of course.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top