Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2020 2:37:23 AM EDT
Hello,

I’m going to be in this area for work the 27th through the 30th.

Which distilleries and or gift shops are a must? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 3:44:30 AM EDT
[#1]
-1792 is decent
-Lux Row is new and they have a smallish restaurant inside to have lunch
-Bardstown Bourbon Company is super new, I've never been but have heard good things
-Willett is very nice, their potstill bourbon is awesome
-Heaven Hill is cool if you like Evan Williams, but its just sort of meh to me
-Four Roses is about 20ish minutes away and very nice, their bourbon is excellent
-Makers Mark is around 30 minutes away and very pretty, their bourbon is pretty meh to me as well. I've done their tour and dipped a few bottles there
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 10:50:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hello,

I’m going to be in this area for work the 27th through the 30th.

Which distilleries and or gift shops are a must? Thanks in advance.
View Quote

It depends on what you are after.  There aren’t tons of allocated bottles at distilleries, but there are some as well as exclusives.  

In November, I got 5 year Willett bourbon at the distillery. At HH, I got this year’s Parker’s Heritage, William Heavenhill 13 BIB, and a 200ml Elijah Craig barrel select. The last 2 are pretty much distillery only.  There should be Elijah Craig barrel proof and Henry McKenna 10 BIB available. They used to require the $20 connoisseur tasting to buy William Heavenhill and other more expensive (rare) bottles, but that may have changed.

Lux Row may have a distillery staff single barrel pick of Rebel Yell or Ezra Brooks. In November, they still had a relatively exclusive to distillery 12 year double barrel blend. I enjoyed the two different bottlings of those I have tried.

Maker’s will likely have a good private selection and maybe this year’s SE4xPR5. The on-site restaurant is excellent if open.

Four Roses may have a barrel proof single barrel pick or two.

1792 is a nice and free tour, but there probably won’t be any special bourbon. They have a chocolate bourbon ball liqueur.

Beam has a big spread near Bardstown.

The Liquor Barn chain tends to have excellent single barrel store picks.  There is one in E-town.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info everyone!

I will try to go to as many as I can and COVID precautions will allow. Will post pics of anything I pick up.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 1:24:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
-Makers Mark is around 30 minutes away and very pretty, their bourbon is pretty meh to me as well. I've done their tour and dipped a few bottles there
View Quote
If you can make it to Makers Mark, it was a pretty good tour and the guide was very knowledgeable.

I think he was a chemistry teacher because he talked about esters and when a couple women were talking while he was trying to, he froze them with a steely glance.

Just remember the central/eastern time line runs through that area, I was late for a tour because I didn't take that into account.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 9:23:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Definitely eat diner at the Rickhouse in Bardstown.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Definitely eat diner at the Rickhouse in Bardstown.
View Quote

Unfortunately I didn’t get to do much of anything. Work kept me busy pretty much the whole time.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations and I will definitely be going back when I’m not working to do the tours.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top