Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/21/2021 11:05:26 PM EDT
Is that even legal? Requiring people to get a non-FDA approved drug?
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:07:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Courts have said yes unfortunately.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:08:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Got an email the other day about new covid protocols at work. The producers on shows can require it, if they want. And they will because it’ll save money on testing and masks.

Is it legal? I don’t know.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:08:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Courts have said yes unfortunately.
View Quote
Can't say how I know, but the Banner hospital near me is at 95% unvaxxed population... This is AFTER they offered incentives and cash giveaways to get vaccinated for months.

edit: So I would assume those people are all just going to claim religious exemption.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:12:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:14:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:14:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm waiting for hospitals to refuse to take in patients without the injection.

I wont call it a vaccine.. its not.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:14:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Only if they want to keep their job.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:22:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I assume this also opens them up for litigation then? I know you can't sue the vaccine manufacturer since it's not even FDA approved, but if your work requires you to do something and you get injured while doing it, you can sue? No?
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:23:08 PM EDT
[#9]
It's happening!
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:25:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

My wife works for Banner and is being forced to get the jab.

The patient part is currently being discussed.  I would expect it to happen on some level.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:27:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, guess I’m not going back to work for them when my current gig is over.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:30:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I recieved a call to schedule a colonoscopy my Dr. ordered,  they asked if l had been jabbed. They said a nurse will be calling about a vaccination.
Not happening.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:30:23 PM EDT
[#13]
UPMC owns most of western PA as far as health care goes.

I am sure that it will be a mandatory statewide including them by the fall because Gov Woof loves showing he hates freedom.

We should be at the Epsilon or Zeta Variants by then too so everyone will be having panic attacks again and ready to bend over on command.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:36:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I assume this also opens them up for litigation then? I know you can't sue the vaccine manufacturer since it's not even FDA approved, but if your work requires you to do something and you get injured while doing it, you can sue? No?
View Quote

Basically this case:

https://www.lawandtheworkplace.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/29/2021/06/Bridges-v.-Houston-Methodist.pdf

Fifth Circuit Judge ruled in favor of the hospital. Did not see whether it's been appealed to SC or not.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:37:23 PM EDT
[#15]
The manufacturers may be off the hook for lawsuits but that doesn't protect employers from liability. How does that hostipal look for assets and insurance. I wonder if they can be sued for not having their finances ready to handle the liability of their decision. That would not be opposing their decision. That would be requiring them to hold up to their end of their decision.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:45:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The manufacturers may be off the hook for lawsuits but that doesn't protect employers from liability. How does that hostipal look for assets and insurance.
View Quote

Why would they be liable if it makes whatever they’re afraid of happen?  Condition of employment.  I see them paying workers comp until SS disability takes over, but talk of lawsuits and assets because you chose to get jabbed instead of finding another job?   I don’t see it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:48:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The patient part is currently being discussed.  I would expect it to happen on some level.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ER use will climb. Hooray!
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:49:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Not legal but...
This will have to work through the courts.
I plan on being fired and then suing if it becomes mandatory in my office.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:51:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

How can a hospital refuse to take any patients if they truly need care?  That sounds like an EMTALA violation.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:59:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Does anyone think these won’t be approved, and sooner than later?  They get approved, and then what?
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 12:00:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Thread is dildos. I'll never get any kind of covid shot. My boss is a top 5% doomer. He knows I won't get any shots against his wishes but he won't fire me because I make him money.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 12:04:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Basically this case:

https://www.lawandtheworkplace.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/29/2021/06/Bridges-v.-Houston-Methodist.pdf

Fifth Circuit Judge ruled in favor of the hospital. Did not see whether it's been appealed to SC or not.
View Quote

I can’t the USSC knocking it down.  Conservatives love big business and liberals love making people do shit they don’t want to do.  9-0 in favor of private businesses being able to make it a condition of employment.  

Personally, I give it 2 more months before FDA approval and it being mandatory across fedgov.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 12:06:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

How can a hospital refuse to take any patients if they truly need care?  That sounds like an EMTALA violation.
View Quote
They can't

And as far as staff goes our hospital is in critical point with staff right now. If we mandate the jab we are going to lose alot of staff and I truly dont think we could keep our doors open if people leave

Hell right now we can't even keep all of our units open due to the low staff numbers
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 12:09:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is there any kind of precedent? I mean, hospitals can't really turn away patients who arrive with COPD exacerbations but smoke three packs a day, or kick out patients admitted for diabetic ketoacidosis who have their families smuggling in ding dongs and Mountain Dew.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 12:24:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Is there any kind of precedent? I mean, hospitals can't really turn away patients who arrive with COPD exacerbations but smoke three packs a day, or kick out patients admitted for diabetic ketoacidosis who have their families smuggling in ding dongs and Mountain Dew.
View Quote

It's pretty similar to how hospitals turn away tuberculosis patients, happens all the time!
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 12:31:44 AM EDT
[#26]
oh great. It'll be mandatory at my work soon...  I need a new job.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 12:59:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Ambulance chasing Lawyers are looking to upgrade their chick mobiles.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 1:11:39 AM EDT
[#28]
In the last 30-Days I have been admitted to the ER and had surgery 2wks later, never tested for Covid, never asked about Covid, never asked if I wanted the vax. There was one regarding all the symptoms during pre-op, but just check no and that was that. They never even zapped me for my temp to get in, did have to weak a mask past a certain point.

I was kind of hoping I would wake up in post-op and they have given me the vax w/o my permission, the lawsuit and charges would have been epic.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 1:42:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Not surprised. Banner is run by dumb fucks.

So glad my wife left them. This will just accelerate their nursing exodus and worsen their shortage.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 2:23:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Can't say how I know, but the Banner hospital near me is at 95% unvaxxed population... This is AFTER they offered incentives and cash giveaways to get vaccinated for months.

edit: So I would assume those people are all just going to claim religious exemption.
View Quote

They don’t have to give a religious exemption. Scotus has ruled on this over 100 years ago
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 2:27:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Not legal but...
This will have to work through the courts.
I plan on being fired and then suing if it becomes mandatory in my office.
View Quote

Something like a half dozen federal courts so far disagree with you that it’s not legal
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 2:31:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It's pretty similar to how hospitals turn away tuberculosis patients, happens all the time!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. "Hospitals turn away tuberculosis patients" run through DDG didn't bring up any such cases in the US. The closest was a CDC publication suggesting that stable patients who can take oral antibiotics can safely discharge to home.

So,  do you have a link?
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 2:33:55 AM EDT
[#33]
So much for doctors, nurses, staff, etc. being heroes now.  The whole we got what we needed, now fuck you and your choices.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 2:44:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So much for doctors, nurses, staff, etc. being heroes now.  The whole we got what we needed, now fuck you and your choices.
View Quote

Heroism has been recognized: There's pizza in the break room. WTF else do you want?
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 5:45:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Don't care
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 6:18:50 AM EDT
[#36]
The assisted living home where I work is doing mandatory testing today. I just sent out my resume.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 6:39:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The assisted living home where I work is doing mandatory testing today. I just sent out my resume.
View Quote

Can they test if youve had the vaccine?  I mean surely anyone in that environment has the antibody from just general exposure.

As for us.. I've not been told yet by .gov which is kinda surprising.  She saw the writing on the wall for her hospital and went ahead and got it back in May.  She hasn't grown any hooves yet.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 6:44:18 AM EDT
[#38]
The hospital system I work for still is not mandating it. I keep waiting on them to change their tune but they haven’t.  We are at about 50-50 on shot status.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 6:44:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

It will be a game changer when doctors and dentists, or their insurance companies start requiring it for regular visits.

You go to the ER and you might get one anyway.

Piedmont Hospital is forcing it on employees too.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 6:48:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s stupid.  Everyone who got the shot has a card listing dates and the lot numbers on the type they received.  I know for a fact they entered ours into a system.  I’m sure it was for recall purposes but it of course could be used for “other” things.

I don’t know a single person who got the shots that didn’t hold on to that stupid card.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2021 7:09:50 AM EDT
[#41]
What's going to be interesting is what happens when an employer forces its employees to get the jab and then one of them dies from it. We already know the drug manufacturers are immune from suit. Will the employer be liable for the death, given that they forced the employee to get the injection against their will? It's hard to say how the courts would decide that. It's unconstitutional as it gets forcing people to accept unmitigated risk with no legal recourse. Problem is, we no longer live under the rule of law. Now, the law is whatever the democrats say it is. We have arrived at one party rule, and that party hates us with a nazi passion.  

By law, it's supposed to be illegal to force people to get experimental injections. It falls under dangerous, involuntary human experimentation. But, yeah. We don't have laws anymore. We have DNC royal edicts.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 7:13:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Jeez people, hospitals have required vaccines as a condition of employment for decades.

Got it? Decades.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 7:17:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Jeez people, hospitals have required vaccines as a condition of employment for decades.

Got it? Decades.
View Quote

Untested, experimental vaccines without FDA approval? No, they have never required that. Until now, such a requirement was illegal. Seems all sorts of illegal things are cool under our new masters.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 8:12:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Sen. Ron Johnson: Data from Israel Shows 84% of New COVID Cases are with Vaccinated Individuals (VIDEO)

84%
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 8:56:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

You need non emergency surgery, we need to see your vaccine card please.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 8:58:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Not surprised. Banner is run by dumb fucks.

So glad my wife left them. This will just accelerate their nursing exodus and worsen their shortage.
View Quote

My wife has a little over year left on her contract and then I am hoping she leaves for somewhere else.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:06:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Requiring vaccination opens you up to civil suit from side effects.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:20:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Sen. Ron Johnson: Data from Israel Shows 84% of New COVID Cases are with Vaccinated Individuals (VIDEO)

84%
View Quote

All that means is that everyone will need boosters, which will also be required by employers and schools.  And many schools and employers that are not medical are also going to require the flu shot this fall and annually by every November 1st (this year it's October 1st for many).
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:28:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

84%
View Quote

Why don’t you skip the hysterics and go to the Israel Ministry of health and read their data.  While they are having vaccinated people get sick, those same vaccinated people are only getting mild cases and rarely get sick enough to get hospitalized.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:30:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

My wife has a little over year left on her contract and then I am hoping she leaves for somewhere else.
View Quote
She should. Banner's management sucks ass and is completely incompetent. They pay shit money too.

My wife got a $10 an hour raise as a nurse when she left them.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top