Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2020 6:13:33 AM EDT
Want a stylish yet utilitarian cutting board for the kitchen and would like to try bamboo.

Any recommendations?

Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:48:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Walmart.

I bought one and also got a ceramic bladed food knife for my cooking, now I can't get the board away from her. I then got her a larger hardwood one from Tuesday Morning and it sits on the counter attracting leftovers in plastic tubs. She even has a huge one from off an older portable dishwasher 30x30 which sits in a corner. Sees the holiday pie dough mostly.

Little bamboo board gets all the work now.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:12:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a 3-pack (different sizes) from some clearance place. Maybe $10?  Work great and have held up well for the last couple years.

Only time I use the big hardwood cutting board is when I need the blood groove to minimize the mess.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:46:20 AM EDT
[#3]
We got ours from Ikea. Inexpensive and good.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I see that WallyWorld has a very basic one .... 11.5" x 13.5"... for $7.09:

Link Posted: 5/27/2020 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought one of these from Walmart a year or so ago.
Flat on one side, juice groove on the other.
The red rubbery stuff keeps it from sliding around on the counter.
Inexpensive, but I've been very pleased, and I use it a lot.

Bamboo Cutting Board
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 11:32:24 AM EDT
[#6]
You really need to hit a store like BBB to find out what you really want.  I needed a completely flat board for rolling out pasta, biscuits, and bread dough.  Wife found me one at BBB which regularly has 20% off coupons.

Mine is similar to this and I use the flat side.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top