Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2021 10:12:54 PM EDT
Clearly not enough taxpayer dollars are being thrown at this problem.................

https://www.lawofficer.com/baltimore-activist-wants-to-pay-killers-not-to-kill/

BALTIMORE — A Baltimore activist believes he’s come up with a solution to solve the city’s high murder rate — paying killers not to kill, according to a reports.

“I can relate to the shooters, guess what they want? They want money,” Tyree Moorehead, the activist told FOX 45 of Baltimore.

Moorehead, who the Baltimore Sun reported spent more than a decade in prison on a second-degree murder conviction tied to a shooting at 15, suggests certain measures the city has taken to stop the bloodshed aren’t enough, FOX reported.

He has already taken other steps in an effort to curb violence in the streets of Baltimore. As of 2019, he painted nearly 200 “No Shoot Zones” throughout the city, according to WJZ-TV reporter Paul Gessler.

“I’ve talked to these people, I’ve seen the shooters, it’s a small city, I know who the hustlers are,” he continued.

Baltimore has continued to experience a high rate of killings and shootings during the coronavirus pandemic.

In 2020, the city eclipsed 300 homicides for the sixth year in a row, while recording more than 1,000 shootings.

Former Baltimore Police spokesman T.J. Smith said he doesn’t believe paying criminals is the answer.

“It could make it easier for people to get their hands on guns because they now have an influx of a different level of cash,” Smith told FOX 45.

Moreover, it ignores personal values that motivate people to murder.

However, Smith noted that a new creative idea was needed to curb violence in the city and said that Moorehead’s idea “speaks to the desperation that we all have.”
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:17:41 PM EDT
[#1]
We should all pay them, in lead.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:22:47 PM EDT
[#2]
How about we incentivize keeping fathers in households instead?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:38:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea believe it or not this isn't new or unique.

Plenty of states have in the past attempted direct payments to gang bangers for similar purposes

Sad country we live in
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:45:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Bet if you started hanging murderers [and leaving them up] on light posts around the city in the areas where high crime rates occur they would dramatically drop in numbers.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:53:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Oops, not GD.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:59:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Just spit balling here, but how about a death penalty for murder. No appeals, sentence carried out in 30 days or less.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:02:33 PM EDT
[#7]
So he wants to use tax dollars/donations to pay his homies not to murder? I need to get to know this guy. I could sure use some extra G'$ in my pocket for not murdering. I hadn't really planned on becoming a murderer anyway but I'm down for some extra pocket change. Ya dig?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:12:16 PM EDT
[#8]
He has already taken other steps in an effort to curb violence in the streets of Baltimore. As of 2019, he painted nearly 200 "No Shoot Zones" throughout the city
View Quote

And that didn't work?!  Hard to believe.  He should try more 'No Shoot Zone' signs.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:18:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:49:55 PM EDT
[#10]
So what's the going don't murder rate these days? Where do I apply to not murder?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:19:13 AM EDT
[#11]
How about they use that money in a bounty program and pay the good decent people to cap the killers? Solving multiple problems at the same time.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:17:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just spit balling here, but how about a death penalty for murder. No appeals, sentence carried out in 30 days or less.
View Quote

You must have missed out on all the bleeding heart, pro-criminal threads in GD.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:40:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are the tards there still whining about being against the death penalty?

There isn’t much difference between a surprising number of posters on this site and ANTIFA. The only real difference is the motivator for their hate. They hate the same things (both are anarchists) for different reasons.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

lol you talking about the weed legalization threads?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:11:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There isn’t much difference between a surprising number of posters on this site and ANTIFA. The only real difference is the motivator for their hate. They hate the same things (both are anarchists) for different reasons.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anarchists and libertarians are just brothas from different muthas.  

Even better when the anti “State”, anti-death penalty guys are the first to volunteer for the “give me just one minute with a baseball bat” method of enacting mob justice.

Quoted:

See above

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 4:43:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Even better when the anti “State”, anti-death penalty guys are the first to volunteer for the “give me just one minute with a baseball bat” method of enacting mob justice.

See above

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

See above

Quite true. There literally is no real difference between ANTIFA and libertarians. They just disagree on the source of their hatred but the end result is nearly identical.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:05:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So what's the going don't murder rate these days? Where do I apply to not murder?
View Quote

The real money is in the gofundme accounts started by the "victims" family to "help pay for funeral expenses".  Because wouldn't you know it, they have no money saved!!!!!  But they ask for $10K for a proper "homegoing". I'd love to know where the money actually ends up going.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The real money is in the gofundme accounts started by the "victims" family to "help pay for funeral expenses".  Because wouldn't you know it, they have no money saved!!!!!  But they ask for $10K for a proper "homegoing". I'd love to know where the money actually ends up going.
View Quote

That heroin isn’t going to buy itself.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 7:17:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

The ONLY thing I have against that one is that too many DAs are politically motivated.

Look at that poor bastard Derek Chauvin. The DA would LOVE to see him fry...and the ME reports say he had nothing to do with Floyd's death.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top