Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2021 1:24:59 AM EDT
For the past few years I have been riding a full suspension bike (2017 Fuel EX 7). Earlier this year I bought a 2020 Fathom 2 and really liked riding a HT but the bike was meh. I couldn't get past the dated geo and 141 boost QR, so I sold it. Luckily I didn't lose any money on it thanks to covid craziness.

Anyways, I got a 2021 Giant Fathom 2 and so far I really like it. It has good geo, boost thru, 130mm fork and nice aggressive 29x2.5'' tires. I am pretty happy with the deore 12 speed so far but the brakes lacking and I have replacements on the way.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:50:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Hardtails are fun and you get back to the basics.
It means that you have to have razor like focus,  and don't to ride at speed and don't forget to weight the front end in turns!
I'm rocking a hardtail myself.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:09:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
For the past few years I have been riding a full suspension bike (2017 Fuel EX 7). Earlier this year I bought a 2020 Fathom 2 and really liked riding a HT but the bike was meh. I couldn't get past the dated geo and 141 boost QR, so I sold it. Luckily I didn't lose any money on it thanks to covid craziness.

Anyways, I got a 2021 Giant Fathom 2 and so far I really like it. It has good geo, boost thru, 130mm fork and nice aggressive 29x2.5'' tires. I am pretty happy with the deore 12 speed so far but the brakes lacking and I have replacements on the way.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/54239/A7D4BDE5-5484-4FE5-B250-12B358938783_jpe-1761410.JPG
View Quote

Nice bike! I wish I would of kept my Trek Stache I've built.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:46:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I can't seem to get myself to get rid of my old Rockhopper.

Hardtails work best for me on the majority of trails.

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 7:07:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I switch between my Jeffsy and Meta HT to keep things interesting and fun. If I had to pick one, it would be the full suspension Jeffsy, but I love my hardtail!

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:45:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I did a nice 16 mile ride today and I really enjoyed the Fathom. I love the way  the HT handles and I did some lines I have never done before today and it went great. Hopefully my olives come in soon so I can get the 4 piston brake installed on the rear. Right now I am running a shimano 4 piston the front and a damn tektro 2 piston on the rear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top