Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2021 8:43:01 PM EDT
Howdy from the Heat & Humidity of NASA land down in Clearlake Texas.

One of the Pluses to my home, is that I'm right off the end of the runway at Ellington Field (NASA & Lone Star Flight Museum), so I get an airshow every single day, plus lots of FREEDOM THUNDER!!!

F-16s from the Texas Air National Guard on full afterburner scrambles?  check!

NASA Astronauts in T-38 Talons getting in some Throttle (lots of throttle  ) & Stick time? Check!

F-18 Hornets flying in & out on movements?  Check!

NASA Getting "High" flying in their "Bat Planes" (the LONG Winged WB-57 High Altitude Spy Planes?)  Check!

World War II beauties like Texas Raider (B-17) or B-25, or P-51 or P-47, or the last flying Curtiss Hell Diver SBC2?  Check!

Air Force One & Entourage of C-17 Globemaster IIIs (for the Beast & Secret Service Vehicles not to mention flying in Special VIP Blackhawks for some trips) - CHECK!

But this one is Whacky & Weird!

B-29 technology, but now Mutated & Enhanced to create a RARE Breed!  

The B-377-SG/SGT Super Guppy Super Guppy Turbine !! WIKI = Super Guppy LINK

I've been getting buzzed every day this past week with multiple flyovers, so guessing it's time for some Check Rides & Certifications with a lot of flights in and out touch & going.

Video of from a neighbor, but gives you the general idea that a plane that doesn't LOOK like it should fly, actually seems to move on out pretty well for a Girl of her "Size"...

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 8:58:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I helped load the Space Station S1 truss in that sumbitch at Tulsa Airport.

The whole nose swings away on the nosewheel, unlike the Airbus Beluga that opens upward.

Pretty cool to watch it lift off the main wheels then nosewheel on take-off.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 9:21:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Video of from a neighbor, but gives you the general idea that a plane that doesn't LOOK like it should fly, actually seems to move on out pretty well for a Girl of her "Size"...

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/11/2021 10:09:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Sorry - the link I had doesn't work - so trying to unBiden it & get it going on ARFCOM
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 10:15:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/157/196/bcf.gif

Sorry - the link I had doesn't work - so trying to unBiden it & get it going on ARFCOM
View Quote

LOL its all good.  My confused image worked for me.  Oh well, touche.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 5:50:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 6:08:44 PM EDT
[#6]
It does not look like it should be able to take off even
Less even able to fly
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 6:17:10 PM EDT
[#7]
While not a Super Guppy.  

I caught this cat flying over my place at about 34,000 feet.  The Dreamlifter.

Link Posted: 3/18/2021 11:46:04 AM EDT
[#8]
There is a Super Guppy that stops at the airport by my work on occasion.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#9]
It picks up big stuff here on occasion.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 3:42:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There is a Super Guppy that stops at the airport by my work on occasion.
View Quote

It stopped by Phoenix/Mesa Gateway Airport this afternoon, saw it on the way back from lunch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top