Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2022 11:04:24 PM EDT
Last 2 trading days to get your BBIG shares to get TYDE spin off shares. You get 1 share of TYDE for every 10 BBIG shares you have.  Just an FYI if interested. BBIG to the moon wonder if this will be a good play?
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 11:42:12 PM EDT
[#1]
They're claiming a $10 value for TYDE.

But if you buy BBIG for $3, get 1/10th TYDE, and BBIG opens at 1.50 Tuesday...

We shall see what we shall see.
I sold call options on every share of my BBIG last Friday when the price spiked.
Hopefully the ex-dividend price drop is less than double what I got from selling the options.

One problem is that right now with spiking energy prices and cratering crypto, it's not a great time to IPO a crypto company.
If only they'd distributed the Cryptyde shares on Dec 27 like originally promised...
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 11:59:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I sold call options on every share of my BBIG last Friday when the price spiked.
Hopefully the ex-dividend price drop is less than double what I got from selling the options.

One problem is that right now with spiking energy prices and cratering crypto, it's not a great time to IPO a crypto company.
If only they'd distributed the Cryptyde shares on Dec 27 like originally promised...
View Quote

I was just reading the thread on crypto crashing and thought about TYDE. I'm in for 800 shares of bbig at the moment with a cost basis of around $7. My only solice was selling calls. I'm done buying in.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 12:15:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Is it true shorts have to cover?
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:09:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is it true shorts have to cover?
View Quote

I don't know, but I'm assuming that anybody who could fail to deliver on a million short BBIG could just as easily fail to deliver 100k TYDE.

There was talk last fall of giving out dividends in the form of Non-Fungible Tokens that couldn't be naked shorted, or handing out NFTs with the TYDE shares.
I wish they'd done that.
If undergrad college students can create NFTs, it should be child's play for a company like Cryptyde.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:24:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

My fellow bagholder, how in the world do we get to $10 for TYDE - is there some analysis floating about?  It makes no sense.   I'd bet the total  price of the 2 names will equal about what BBIG is trading for now.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:43:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My fellow bagholder, how in the world do we get to $10 for TYDE - is there some analysis floating about?

It makes no sense.   I'd bet the total  price of the 2 names will equal about what BBIG is trading for now.
View Quote

1. I assume it was some sort of IPO pricing model last fall when the stock market was good, Crypto was decent, oil was under $80, and there were no signs of a natural gas panic.

2. It might be $2 and $1, and Vinco is right about TYDE's value, or it might be $2.50 and $0.50, or more it might be $1.75 and $0.50, it wouldn't be the first time we saw $2.25 for the combined companies. When BBIG hit $3.75 last Thursday night, I had high hopes of pocketing the TYDE shares and selling my BBIG for a profit. I don't know if it was an honest market this week, or shorts scrambling to prevent a repeat of January's prices, but this week was discouraging.

3. I have yet to see any mention of what you get for your fractional shares. Are they going to stick to their earlier $10 claim, and give out $5 to people who own 5 shares of BBIG?
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:09:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I also haven't seen any reports that the OCC is going to restate the options for the spin-off.

If I'm right and they don't do anything, it'll be a windfall for holders of BBIG puts and sellers of BBIG calls (I'm short 100 calls).
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:45:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I've only got 40 shares of that trash, but I refuse to do anything with it.  I'm teaching myself a lesson about buying on FOMO and investing in a trash stock.

I'll watch that shit vaporize.  I hope I've learned my lesson.  bought in BBAG at ~ 9.50.  God I'm an idiot.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've only got 40 shares of that trash, but I refuse to do anything with it.  I'm teaching myself a lesson about buying on FOMO and investing in a trash stock.

I'll watch that shit vaporize.  I hope I've learned my lesson.  bought in BBAG at ~ 9.50.  God I'm an idiot.
View Quote

up there with my LTNC and weed stocks.

now MVIS and SENS are the plays...
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:03:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 10:04:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
@Kaik
View Quote

BBIG going to do BBIG things.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:06:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Oof gna hurt! Atleast get to $5 n im OUT!
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:03:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm down to 1700 shares . All but 200 have covered calls sold against them
I expect a rug pull with either A) dilution or B) delayed Tyde
If I'm wrong I'll buy back my calls and sell the shares and then buy puts
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm down to 1700 shares . All but 200 have covered calls sold against them
I expect a rug pull with either A) dilution or B) delayed Tyde
If I'm wrong I'll buy back my calls and sell the shares and then buy puts
View Quote

The latest dilution was announced to be up for a vote at their ASM (Aug or Sep?).

If BBIG would have run to $5, I would have paper handed it so fast.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:28:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The latest dilution was announced to be up for a vote at their ASM (Aug or Sep?).

If BBIG would have run to $5, I would have paper handed it so fast.
https://media.giphy.com/media/8X9HcMoNlof9svI8qS/giphy.gif
View Quote

Haha.  I actually did that once when I found there was a bee flying around inside my car.  I have a phobia that no amount of BBIG can solve.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I also haven't seen any reports that the OCC is going to restate the options for the spin-off.

If I'm right and they don't do anything, it'll be a windfall for holders of BBIG puts and sellers of BBIG calls (I'm short 100 calls).
View Quote

That can't be right, but...
There is nothing undetermined about the distribution except the precise distribution date.

OCC still hasn't said a single word about it that I can find.
And it went ex-dividend at least a half hour ago.

Anybody who can find the memo, let me know:
https://infomemo.theocc.com/infomemo/search-memo
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:38:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I learned my lesson with all those MVIS, SENS, BBIG.

I'm done, I've no interest in speculative stocks at all anymore. Just AAPL, GOOG, XOM, index funds, stuff like that.

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That can't be right, but...
There is nothing undetermined about the distribution except the precise distribution date.

OCC still hasn't said a single word about it that I can find.
And it went ex-dividend at least a half hour ago.

Anybody who can find the memo, let me know:
https://infomemo.theocc.com/infomemo/search-memo
View Quote

Finally, they announced that the existing options chains are to be renamed and will obligate the call writer and the put exerciser to submit 100 BBIG and 10 TYDE. Which is only fair, but might make it a pain finding an active market to place trades in to close old options positions.

https://infomemo.theocc.com/infomemos?number=50435
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Finally, they announced that the existing options chains are to be renamed and will obligate the call writer and the put exerciser to submit 100 BBIG and 10 TYDE. Which is only fair, but might make it a pain finding an active market to place trades in to close old options positions.

https://infomemo.theocc.com/infomemos?number=50435
View Quote

Did it say when tyde will be listed?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 5:57:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Im in!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top