Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2019 11:37:10 AM EDT
Star Wars Last Jedi re-incarnated. Maybe I should have watched Captain Marvel but having her show-up with her butch/lesbian haircut at the end, and destroy thanos' ship....

Chris Hemsworth was pretty funny in his new Thor role. Wonder where they are going to go from here. And I'm curious as to how much they technically screwed up with the timeline
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 12:25:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Very enjoyable movie. A bit heavy on sentimentality.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 4:12:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Haven't been to a movie ever where people were clapping as the characters came up on the screen.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 11:40:58 PM EDT
[#3]
just came from it.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 11:48:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Also, the not-at-all subtle use of Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 11:49:41 AM EDT
[#5]
At the end of the day, I regret having seen it.  It was not especially good.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#6]
It was an incredible movie and an incredible visual spectacle.  I've seen it twice and I'll wind up seeing it at least once more before it leaves theaters.  The perfect way to wrap up the MCU.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
just came from it.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 11:00:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:50:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
Click To View Spoiler
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 1:25:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I was rather underwhelmed with this one. The first 30 minutes was a total waste of time. I did not see Infinity Wars so a lot didn't make sense to me. But, all of that moping, whining and feeling sorry for themselves was really getting to be excruciatingly boring. And Capt. Marvel seemed like an afterthought character as she briefly appeared and disappeared, not to be seen until the end. The movie didn't get out of 1st gear until about half way through. I'm just getting really tired of all of these existential threats and totally invincible villains in the majority of these movies. I enjoyed the regular movies with regular plots, but, the ones where the world/ in this case half of the entire universe/ is going to end is just overplayed and tiresome.

The movie finally picked up about half way through and started to become interesting. All in all it wasn't as good as I was expecting to see. After I saw this I purchased the 4K UHD disc of Infinity Wars and watched it for clarification of what was going on in this movie. Again, I wasn't that thrilled with the invincible villain and the impossible situation of that movie. Another thing I didn't like was the flimsy reason that the villain wanted to destroy half the universe, just for "balance????" A pretty pathetic reason for murder on the grand scale even though the villain didn't seem to have a malevolent reason for the destruction which also adds to the nonsensical motivation for the villain. Hopefully, the direction the movies in the future take will not involve invincible villains and the end of the universe as we know it scenarios.
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was rather underwhelmed with this one. The first 30 minutes was a total waste of time. I did not see Infinity Wars so a lot didn't make sense to me. But, all of that moping, whining and feeling sorry for themselves was really getting to be excruciatingly boring. And Capt. Marvel seemed like an afterthought character as she briefly appeared and disappeared, not to be seen until the end. The movie didn't get out of 1st gear until about half way through. I'm just getting really tired of all of these existential threats and totally invincible villains in the majority of these movies. I enjoyed the regular movies with regular plots, but, the ones where the world/ in this case half of the entire universe/ is going to end is just overplayed and tiresome.

The movie finally picked up about half way through and started to become interesting. All in all it wasn't as good as I was expecting to see. After I saw this I purchased the 4K UHD disc of Infinity Wars and watched it for clarification of what was going on in this movie. Again, I wasn't that thrilled with the invincible villain and the impossible situation of that movie. Another thing I didn't like was the flimsy reason that the villain wanted to destroy half the universe, just for "balance????" A pretty pathetic reason for murder on the grand scale even though the villain didn't seem to have a malevolent reason for the destruction which also adds to the nonsensical motivation for the villain. Hopefully, the direction the movies in the future take will not involve invincible villains and the end of the universe as we know it scenarios.
View Quote
yeah well, welcome to any number of threads from 2 years ago
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was rather underwhelmed with this one. The first 30 minutes was a total waste of time. I did not see Infinity Wars so a lot didn't make sense to me.
View Quote
Why in the living fuck would you see this movie, which is essentially part two of Infinity War, without seeing Infinity War?  And then blame the movie for your own poor decision?
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why in the living fuck would you see this movie, which is essentially part two of Infinity War, without seeing Infinity War?  And then blame the movie for your own poor decision?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was rather underwhelmed with this one. The first 30 minutes was a total waste of time. I did not see Infinity Wars so a lot didn't make sense to me.
Watches Terminator 2
"Why does John's mom hate robots so much when one just helped her escape from jail?  Doesn't make any sense "
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 7:50:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Star Wars Last Jedi re-incarnated. Maybe I should have watched Captain Marvel but having her show-up with her butch/lesbian haircut at the end, and destroy thanos' ship....

Chris Hemsworth was pretty funny in his new Thor role. Wonder where they are going to go from here. And I'm curious as to how much they technically screwed up with the timeline
View Quote
Thanos still whooped the Girl Power Squad.

It was an enjoyable film.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
just came from it.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
He was always able to, he just didn't choose to before now.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's pretty clear that Thanos wanted to kill half of living things because of overpopulation and the overuse of resources.  He explains his home world of Titan suffered because of overpopulation and didn't want the universe to suffer the same.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 8:43:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
just came from it.

Click To View Spoiler
Those that are worthy may carry mjolnir.

Link Posted: 5/13/2019 8:47:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:  I was rather underwhelmed with this one... All in all it wasn't as good as I was expecting to see.

Me, too, unfortunately.

Another thing I didn't like was the flimsy reason that the villain wanted to destroy half the universe, just for "balance????" A pretty pathetic reason for murder on the grand scale even though the villain didn't seem to have a malevolent reason for the destruction which also adds to the nonsensical motivation for the villain.

When I asked about this, I was told, "Well, they do call him the mad Titan."  In this case, mad means insane.  Supposedly his insanity excuses the writers' not coming up with a better reason.  That excuse might work for a pre-teen but for me, it is just lame.

Hopefully, the direction the movies in the future take will not involve invincible villains and the end of the universe as we know it scenarios.

If the prognosticators are correct, we will see ever-increasingly powerful foes in the years to come, up to and possibly including "The One Above All" (so called because he is above all others).

This movie is, indeed, the generational "off-ramp" I expected it to be.  Iron Man and Captain America are gone.  Thor is effectively gone.  Hulk has been MIA for the last 3 movies.  Spider Man is around but he's just a teenager and not a lead character, as far as I'm concerned.  That's it for the characters I grew up with as a kid.

In their places we have Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Ant Man, Professor Hulk,...  Sorry, they are meaningless to me.

Then, there's Groot.  I like Groot.  I am Groot.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 8:53:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:  It's pretty clear that Thanos wanted to kill half of living things because of overpopulation and the overuse of resources.  He explains his home world of Titan suffered because of overpopulation and didn't want the universe to suffer the same.
View Quote
It's crystal clear.

It is also lame.

He is a homicidal maniac!  Killing half does absolutely nothing to achieve his goal.  Given ten years or so, the population will recover.

All that power and the best plan Thanos (the writers, actually) can come up with is wholesale slaughter.  LAME!
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 9:16:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's crystal clear.

It is also lame.

He is a homicidal maniac!  Killing half does absolutely nothing to achieve his goal.  Given ten years or so, the population will recover.

All that power and the best plan Thanos (the writers, actually) can come up with is wholesale slaughter.  LAME!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  It's pretty clear that Thanos wanted to kill half of living things because of overpopulation and the overuse of resources.  He explains his home world of Titan suffered because of overpopulation and didn't want the universe to suffer the same.
It's crystal clear.

It is also lame.

The reason given in the comics was that he wanted to impress Lady Death by killing half the population. I guess that was too complicated a concept to work in to, what, over 20 movies?
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 9:40:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The reason given in the comics was that he wanted to impress Lady Death by killing half the population. I guess that was too complicated a concept to work in to, what, over 20 movies?
View Quote
Comics were kinda thrown to the side a long time ago.

I don't really understand why people don't get Thanos's motivation. As a child he literally watched his home world and everything he cared for destroy itself, a very powerful and prideful race. So now, as the last of his kind, he feels its his duty and destiny to keep that from happening to the rest of the universe. He is not evil or good, he just... is. That's pretty awesome, and something you don't see in movies often. Its also something they explained pretty well in the movies.

Where I have a problem with the movie is Thanos just up and goes wildly out of character and goes from "its just business" to "this is personal" instantly... a Thanos from a difference timeline that has not had the same struggle with The Avengers as the Thanos Click To View Spoiler

Its like asking why Skynet decided to just try and wipe out the human race.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 12:41:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:  Comics were kinda thrown to the side a long time ago.

I don't really understand why people don't get Thanos's motivation. As a child he literally watched his home world and everything he cared for destroy itself, a very powerful and prideful race. So now, as the last of his kind, he feels its his duty and destiny to keep that from happening to the rest of the universe. He is not evil or good, he just... is. That's pretty awesome, and something you don't see in movies often. Its also something they explained pretty well in the movies.
View Quote
Sorry, dude, we all understood the story.  We "get it".

I find it is not "pretty awesome" in any way.  It is LAME.  It is lame as a rationale.  It is lame as movie writing and story-telling.  It betrays a serious lack of depth.  It trivializes what could have been a better story.  
Also, this idea he is not "evil or good" is hogwash.  He is evil.  Anyone who would destroy that many people is not a bland, benign entity.  Look at all the pain and suffering he caused.  Who gave him the authority to act?  Which moral code allows for such acts?

Oh, well, that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.  Then, again, it is just a pre-teen comic book.  It should have been much more.
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 10:44:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:  I was rather underwhelmed with this one... All in all it wasn't as good as I was expecting to see.

Me, too, unfortunately.

Another thing I didn't like was the flimsy reason that the villain wanted to destroy half the universe, just for "balance????" A pretty pathetic reason for murder on the grand scale even though the villain didn't seem to have a malevolent reason for the destruction which also adds to the nonsensical motivation for the villain.

When I asked about this, I was told, "Well, they do call him the mad Titan."  In this case, mad means insane.  Supposedly his insanity excuses the writers' not coming up with a better reason.  That excuse might work for a pre-teen but for me, it is just lame.

Hopefully, the direction the movies in the future take will not involve invincible villains and the end of the universe as we know it scenarios.

If the prognosticators are correct, we will see ever-increasingly powerful foes in the years to come, up to and possibly including "The One Above All" (so called because he is above all others).

This movie is, indeed, the generational "off-ramp" I expected it to be.  Iron Man and Captain America are gone.  Thor is effectively gone.  Hulk has been MIA for the last 3 movies.  Spider Man is around but he's just a teenager and not a lead character, as far as I'm concerned.  That's it for the characters I grew up with as a kid.

In their places we have Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Ant Man, Professor Hulk,...  Sorry, they are meaningless to me.

Then, there's Groot.  I like Groot.  I am Groot.
View Quote
I hear you.  If it helps, Captain America is still around...  he’s just black now right?
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 10:51:43 PM EDT
[#25]
It was lame.

Should of waited for it to go to the cheap theater.

Time travel...
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:  If it helps, Captain America is still around...  he’s just black now right?
View Quote
It isn't a skin color thing.  He's Captain America part II,... Captain America: the next generation,...  CA rev A,...

IF you look at my older posts, I said this movie was a generational off ramp.  The "passing of the torch" is one of those (Captain America's shield).  Thor handing over rule of Asgard was another.  The death of Tony Stark was a third.  There are others.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 11:22:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
just came from it.

Click To View Spoiler
Yeah I think the Russo brothers made a comment that Cap could have picked up Mjolnir during the scene in Age of Ultron but chose not to in order to avoid embarrassing Thor.

People can decide for themselves if that's just the director(s) pulling out some sort of retcon or something...
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 1:21:43 PM EDT
[#28]
So, where do we go from here?  Do we continue on with these?  Do we care?  Will the writers amp-up their stories or are we doomed to weak, pre-teen story lines?

Over the last few years, I had been losing interest in these comic book movies.  This End Game clinched it for me - my interest is now completely spent.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 1:23:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So, where do we go from here? ....................................my interest is now completely spent.
View Quote
Funny -- because after I read your opening question, I had already come to the same conclusion without reading the rest of your statement.  go figure.
Link Posted: 5/21/2019 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Beta Ray Bill, Qusar and/or Nova, and Adam Warlock are all supposed to be in the next Guardians of the Galaxy.

BRB had his head built as a monument to champions on the Grandmaster’s tower in Thor: Ragnarok.

Adam Warlock was hinted at when the high priestess built a new birth chamber at the end of GotG 2.

I want to say besides Dr. Strange 2, Black Panther 2, and Spider-Man: Far From Home most of this next phase will be focusing on extra-terrestrial/cosmic stuff.
Link Posted: 5/22/2019 1:17:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Beta Ray Bill, Qusar and/or Nova, and Adam Warlock are all supposed to be in the next Guardians of the Galaxy.

BRB had his head built as a monument to champions on the Grandmaster’s tower in Thor: Ragnarok.

Adam Warlock was hinted at when the high priestess built a new birth chamber at the end of GotG 2.

I want to say besides Dr. Strange 2, Black Panther 2, and Spider-Man: Far From Home most of this next phase will be focusing on extra-terrestrial/cosmic stuff.
View Quote
Your response focuses on the characters - the "who" will we see in the upcoming movies.

My questions are about the "what" will we see.  If the screen writers cannot give us better stories, better crafted stories, deeper stories,... the "what", then who cares about the "who".

To be more than a tedious exercise in special effects and computer wizardry, you have to have a story that engages people's brains.
Link Posted: 5/22/2019 1:20:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
A-FUCKING MEN even my SO said "Oh Come on really???"
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 11:49:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Your response focuses on the characters - the "who" will we see in the upcoming movies.

My questions are about the "what" will we see.  If the screen writers cannot give us better stories, better crafted stories, deeper stories,... the "what", then who cares about the "who".

To be more than a tedious exercise in special effects and computer wizardry, you have to have a story that engages people's brains.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a feeling the “what” we will see will be similar, introduce characters and then have a mastermind pulling the strings. The movies will lead to another big threat to the galaxy and a face off with the big bad.

I think that Disney now has the X-Men and Fantastic Four plus the Marvel characters we’ve seen. I’d imagine that there could be something that brings them all together.

Will it be just one villain like Thanos (I’m not counting his lackeys) or could it be a collaborative approach with Kang, Dr. Doom, Galactus, Mephisto, etc.

If the next phase goes off the SJW deep end then this upcoming Spider-Man sequel will be my last one.
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 11:59:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
I though it was trash.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 9:53:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:  
I have a feeling the “what” we will see will be similar, introduce characters and then have a mastermind pulling the strings. The movies will lead to another big threat to the galaxy and a face off with the big bad.

I think that Disney now has the X-Men and Fantastic Four plus the Marvel characters we’ve seen. I’d imagine that there could be something that brings them all together.

Will it be just one villain like Thanos (I’m not counting his lackeys) or could it be a collaborative approach with Kang, Dr. Doom, Galactus, Mephisto, etc.

If the next phase goes off the SJW deep end then this upcoming Spider-Man sequel will be my last one.
View Quote
That's sounds about right.

X-Men + Dr. Doom = Galactus?  Do Avengers and Mephisto fit in there?  The last X-Men movie with Silver Surfer teased Galactus but it didn't go anywhere,... yet.

Isn't Kang a the reincarnation of Tony Stark or at least a re-animation of him?
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

X-Men + Dr. Doom = Galactus?  Do Avengers and Mephisto fit in there?  The last X-Men movie with Silver Surfer teased Galactus but it didn't go anywhere,... yet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  

I read we might be getting mini arcs of 2-3 movies so like a villain would pull maybe two groups together instead of everybody.

Kang originally started out as a descendant of Reid Richards, Mr. Fantastic, a thousand some years in the future. He’s a time traveler.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I though it was trash.

Enjoyable?  Yah, okay.

Trash?  Okay, maybe, but certainly there are worse films coming out of Hollywood.

For me, the problems are plentiful enough to limit my viewings of the film and my interest in any future films.  I have come to feel just the way I did when I was a kid: I'm just not interested in comic books anymore.

I contrast this with Tolkien's many books and the films.  I never lose interest in those, especially the books.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 10:01:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
I though it was trash.

Enjoyable?  Yah, okay.

Trash?  Okay, maybe, but certainly there are worse films coming out of Hollywood.

For me, the problems are plentiful enough to limit my viewings of the film and my interest in any future films.  I have come to feel just the way I did when I was a kid: I'm just not interested in comic books anymore.

I contrast this with Tolkien's many books and the films.  I never lose interest in those, especially the books.
View Quote
No doubt there are worse films coming out of Hollywood and that is part of what made End Game so disappointing.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#39]
It was OK.  It wasn't really any better then that.  There was a little BS SJW, but whatever; could have been worse.  Personally I think time-travel ruins movies, as nothing means anything anymore.  Endings are all subject to change of convenience.  There's no continuity.

Thano's killed half the universe.  Then you can go and just unkill them all.  And you can just sort of do that, because apparently there's some amazingly sentient machine or being in the glove that just sort of filled in the blanks when you though: "I want to save half the universe", and just sort of know how to move every single molecule everywhere for you - you don't have to focus on that yourself.

Eh, whatever, the special effects were good.  The red-headed chick that shoots fire out of her fists was super hot - for the 5 seconds total we got to see her.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 10:18:14 PM EDT
[#40]
I enjoyed it.  At 3 hours run time, it was long but it HAD to be in order to follow the individual subplots that develop once a real workable plan is found to be possible. (Thanks, Dr. Pym.)

Thanos just suffered from a galaxy sized ego.  He'd HAVE to remold the galaxy to be the way he wanted it to be, even though it would be impossible for it to stay like that for long.

Eliminate half of all populations and the population will double in just a few years.   They'll wash away their grief in the reproductive act and before long every world is overloaded with hungry squalling young brats and harried parents.

The sequence of usually sloshed chubby Thor with Korg the rock as his roomie, playing Fortnite, was worthy of a good chuckle.   I was hoping that Korg would have said, in that clipped South American Boer accent of his, "Pardon me, I believe I have to take a schist.  Be back in a minute." That'd have been pretty funny.

When the army that is to defend Earth shows up,  that's an epic moment and worthy of a big grin and I don't think anybody would disagree.

Miss Marvel's presence in the movie is really just a "plug plot holes with infinite power" thing.  Zero creative writing there.   Ship broke down in space and people about to die alone?  Just send in Miss McGuffin to save the day.    Thanos's ship shows up.  Too big and powerful by far to be handled by any earth defenses?   No problem, send in Miss McGuffin again.  She'll just fart at it and it goes boom.

"Activate the Plot Device!"

What they did with Steve Rogers/Captain America was actually rather awesome.  No spoiler, you either know or you'll want to see the movie.

Thanos would be an interesting character to hang out with if he wasn't currently pursuing an agenda.

BannerHulk was almost annoying in his level of confidence, and it was funny that he seemed to be unable to achieve the true level of Hulk Smash Rage that he could achieve as the Hulk alone.  His heart just wasn't in it.  The car he punched was still repairable at any decent body shop.

It was still a fun movie and I might see it again before it leaves the theater.

I'm sure I'll buy the blu-ray disc.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 10:49:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted: ... I think time-travel ruins movies, as nothing means anything anymore.  Endings are all subject to change of convenience.  
View Quote
Precisely.  Time matters.   Entropy exists.  Entropy goes only one way.  Stop the time travel.  Let it run its course.

People have done some good things with time travel but this movie isn't one of them - Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court; Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure; Edge of Tomorrow and a few others.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 3:40:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did you not watch Captain Marvel? The whole movie was about strong female heroes kicking ass and saving men.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 3:42:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It was OK.  It wasn't really any better then that.  There was a little BS SJW, but whatever; could have been worse.  Personally I think time-travel ruins movies, as nothing means anything anymore.  Endings are all subject to change of convenience.  There's no continuity.

Thano's killed half the universe.  Then you can go and just unkill them all.  And you can just sort of do that, because apparently there's some amazingly sentient machine or being in the glove that just sort of filled in the blanks when you though: "I want to save half the universe", and just sort of know how to move every single molecule everywhere for you - you don't have to focus on that yourself.

Eh, whatever, the special effects were good.  The red-headed chick that shoots fire out of her fists was super hot - for the 5 seconds total we got to see her.
View Quote
The Infinity Gauntlet, when combined with all of the Stones, makes you a god, thus omniscient/all-powerful/infallable. It is not the gauntlet, but the person wearing the gauntlet that makes it all happen.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 1:29:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The Infinity Gauntlet, when combined with all of the Stones, makes you a god, thus omniscient/all-powerful/infallable. It is not the gauntlet, but the person wearing the gauntlet that makes it all happen.
View Quote
You're not serious, are you - omniscient and infallible?

Literature is full of stories about people becoming "all-powerful" but you know what they say, right?  Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.  Those same stories are always accompanied by the tales of exactly how fallible the "all-powerful" really are.

There is a concept called "suspension of disbelief" often required in literature and theater.  It is akin to asking the audience to, "Bear with me while I tell my tale" with the implication that it will be worth the journey.  When that goes too far, requiring the audience to shut their brains off altogether and never analyze the story told, that is a sign the work is flawed, deeply flawed.

Comic books are for kids.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 3:32:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Comic books are for kids.
View Quote
And yet you’ve spent the better part of this thread dissecting one stinking movie. And saying that it should have been more, per you. And that comics are pre-teen. But need to be deep and meaningful. And .... over and over.

See any problem there?

We get it. You didn’t like it. There needs to be willing suspension of disbelief. Cause it’s about superheroes, and aliens, and time travel. But you can’t wrap your brain around it. Got it; thanks.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 4:12:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

And yet you’ve spent the better part of this thread dissecting one stinking movie. And saying that it should have been more, per you. And that comics are pre-teen. But need to be deep and meaningful. And .... over and over.

See any problem there?

We get it. You didn’t like it. There needs to be willing suspension of disbelief. Cause it’s about superheroes, and aliens, and time travel. But you can’t wrap your brain around it. Got it; thanks.
View Quote
The problem is not dislike as much as the disappointment with them not delivering a better, deeper story.

The endless discussion thereof, is just a reflection of having wanted more and not having gotten it.  I was hoping someone would come in and say, "Oh yeah, but you missed this... (some aspect)."

I knew what the movie's theme was before going in.  It was plain as day to me.  So, to get only that and only that may have been the source of the disappointment.

I want more.  I need more.  If they don't deliver more, I am done with Marvel.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 6:43:10 PM EDT
[#47]
So you were disappointed that it was exactly what you expected from the source, for the audience it was made for, and you knew it before you even saw it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I want more.  I need more.  If they don't deliver more, I am done with Marvel.
View Quote
Well, they set up that Thor will probably be in Guardians of the Galaxy 3: Convincing Peter's Girlfriend That She is His Girlfriend, so that should be fun to watch.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#49]
After looking at possible new characters to introduce, it's safe to say many DC and Marvel have similar backgrounds and story lines, and even among Marvel characters several are similar.  When Guardians came out, I was expecting a series with Nova, however his character is pretty much derivative of Peter Parker and Green Lantern.  Submariner would be hard to pull off since Aquaman was there first.

Some teamups or cross overs would be interesting.  I could see Kraven appear in a film with Spidey and Black Panther, or even cameos from Frank Castle or Daredevil when a hero or villain crosses over to the wrong neighborhoods
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top