Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Posted: 10/26/2018 8:26:16 PM EDT
Which form of marketing results in the most sales vs the amount of time spent on each platform? I would like to drop several forms of social media for political reasons, so it they aren't adding value business wise, that makes it easier. I'm also debating dabbling in more open alternatives. (Gab, Minds, and Bitchute.) I know several writers use YouTube and Instagram for both promotional purposes and as a second income stream.

What has worked for you?
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 10:52:51 AM EDT
[#1]
It all depends on your fanbase for your genre. I know Romance does well on Twitter but hard sci-fi doesn't. I personally stay away from twitter, reddit, and instagram.

If you want to leanr more about marketing you are going to have to bite the bullet and read some books about it. I recommend "Help my Facebook Ads Suck!"
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 11:26:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It all depends on your fanbase for your genre. I know Romance does well on Twitter but hard sci-fi doesn't. I personally stay away from twitter, reddit, and instagram.

If you want to leanr more about marketing you are going to have to bite the bullet and read some books about it. I recommend "Help my Facebook Ads Suck!"
View Quote
Thanks for the response. I'm well-versed in marketing, just curious what was currently working for folks here. I'll check out the book you recommended.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:28:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Definitely depends on your genre. I wrote in shtf and targeted the big forums with a few posts then let wordnof mouth takenit from there. My next one is very much not in that genre so I’m starting to lol around and see what similar others have done.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Most writers use AMS ads but I've never had much luck with them and they're getting more and more expensive.
I've had better experiences with Facebook ads, but you have to do them right.  Just dropping your book cover and description into an ad and hitting "submit" isn't going to get you the best results.  You need to research successful ads in your genre and tailor yours to match.  The image you use shouldn't be your cover, it should be something that catches the eye in an ad.  Your blurb should hook people in, not just recount the plot.
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 11:35:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I got rid of FB as it generated no sales for me.  Just signed up for Alibris.
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 1:53:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I just published so this thread is of interest to me.

I am currently running
Facebook
Twitter
Amazon

$10 bucks a day on each for 10 days.

I'll let you know the end result.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top