BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
But he says the old way won’t work either.
View Quote

The older way was much better than it is now.  when they (the city) opened the ARC downtown next to all the hotels and bars I knew it was going to be a shit show.  they wanted this to happen so they could usher in "their" solution
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There is no "fix" to the homeless crisis - at least not  in the way they think. The homeless crisis isn't a failure in itself - it is a symptom resulting from  numerous other failures.

Substance abuse is condoned and even celebrated.
Mental illness is normalized and forced treatment is considered taboo.
The welfare saftey net encourages and enables being unproductive.
There is no longer a stigma associated with not working hard and supporting your family.
Sexual deviance is normalized and celebrated.

A mass increase in homelessness and degeneracy is the predictable result of these conditions.
View Quote

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Manufactured problem.

Time to close the factory.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:28:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Just give them high tech green jobs and they will be able to buy houses.  Why is this so difficult?!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:34:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I've never seen a homeless person in Spicewood, Horseshoe Bay, Llano or Mason. I left Austin years ago and I'll just keep heading west. Liberals ruined the coolest city in Texas. Yes, it had hippies, but it was different from other cities had a good vibe, all that died 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Just put them down. I say this as someone who spent most of their childhood homeless. "Homeless" isn't the problem and is just a ridiculous way for people who feel bad about an issue to try and identify a solution. You can put these people in a home and it will change nothing. Homelessness is a symptom of other issues. We aren't going to ever address the issues because we are too emotional of a country now to admit that some people can't be saved.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Send them all to Lake Way
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:40:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Nextdoor app would explode, Lakeway can't even handle a coyote sighting.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:54:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just give them high tech green jobs and they will be able to buy houses.  Why is this so difficult?!
View Quote
Lets convince the liberals they all need to learn how to code and should be subsidized in doing so.  Might as well flood the 2nd hand market with laptops and raspberry pis that are immediately sold for fentanyl and malt liquor.  

I have UVC and an ozone generator, I'm not afraid.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:23:20 AM EDT
[#10]
House them in the new soccer stadium, give them the option to be bussed back and forth to their new jobs at Tesla.

If they don't like that option, then they can duke it out "Thunderdome" style on the weekends in the soccer stadium for season ticket holders.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:26:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just put them down. I say this as someone who spent most of their childhood homeless. "Homeless" isn't the problem and is just a ridiculous way for people who feel bad about an issue to try and identify a solution. You can put these people in a home and it will change nothing. Homelessness is a symptom of other issues. We aren't going to ever address the issues because we are too emotional of a country now to admit that some people can't be saved.
View Quote

Is that your final solution? Murder innocent people because they're mentally ill, or addicts?

If Adler stands at one end of inhumane, well, I guess someone has to be at the other end.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Everyone knows it's a bad idea once it degenerates into a full on shit storm.
The trick is being smart enough to know beforehand.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:32:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Want to get rid of the homeless?

Put them all on buses
Drive the bus to the desert
Get them off the buses
Tell them, "Y'all can live here."

Leave
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:32:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Just pass a law requiring everybody own a home; it worked for healthcare it’ll work for homelessness.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:38:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just pass a law requiring everybody own a home; it worked for healthcare it'll work for homelessness.
View Quote

As long as we're floating fun hypotheticals, let's just move them in to Democrat voter's homes. They, by their own admission, are more loving and caring (and, maybe gotta agree a tiny bit after the "kill 'em all" comment above), and they voted for the policies that are increasing the problem. So, look through all those voter rolls, and presto....everyone has a place to stay, a sponsor, and benefactor to help them get back on their feet. Isn't that what the left says is required? Act locally? Get involved? Lead with the heart?

Who could possibly be against this idea? The left cares. Make them prove it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:44:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Is that your final solution? Murder innocent people because they're mentally ill, or addicts?

If Adler stands at one end of inhumane, well, I guess someone has to be at the other end.
View Quote

Fire can also be your friend sometimes..................
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:55:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Yet the diehard liberals think these camps are outstanding and that they’re somehow helping.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:02:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Yesterday I watched a Gentleman of No Fixed Address walking around the underpass near my house. He was carrying a two-handed axe, but there were no firelogs around. I suppose the next jogger who gets killed because she was covered with fiery demon spiders should thank Mayor Adler for that.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:14:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Got the same problems in my area .   Tent cities under every bridge .

Sponsored by many of the local churches .

The churches at first just asked for blankets and coats .   Now they ask for tents and other camping gear .  Food , sanitation , First aid items .  And don't forget cash .

Did we have homeless before ?  Yes .   But the do gooders have only  made the situation worse .  And they puff themselves up at what good people they are .  

But they fail to acknowledge the increase in crime .  They don't live under the bridge but go home to sliced bread world .

gd
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:14:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The homeless have a bunch of political power. Not the homeless themselves, but the wealthy liberals who support them. Public works, cops and clean up crews are often stopped in their tracks by social justice warriors.

View Quote

And the well funded non-profits that will sue at the drop of a hat if cops harrass homeless, throw their shit away or even attempt to put away the crazy drug addicted ones who (as said earlier) are 90-99% of the problem.

Build a fenced in camp out in West Texas and ship them there to dry out and get treatment if they get arrested twice. Just need tents and concertina wire and some doctors that have Fed Gov loans.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:25:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No shit Sherlock. Lord the idiots who run Austin are fucking stupid.

I went into town on Saturday to see my family and it's just depressing. Homeless camps EVERYWHERE!
View Quote

I have to go there next week for work and not looking forward to it at all!
I live in San Antonio and it seems to be getting the same as Austin in certain areas as well, damn Liberal Mayors ????
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:45:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Truth
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Colorado calls them "urban campers".  Judge ruled Denvers ban was unconstitutional.  Judge needs a yard full of them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:57:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
LOL, someone took a dump on his lawn, I bet.
View Quote

We can only hope.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:08:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Being good communists, I am sure the citizens of Austin would be happy to welcome the homeless into their homes.

Austin's homeless problem solved.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:21:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
House them in the new soccer stadium, give them the option to be bussed back and forth to their new jobs at Tesla.

If they don't like that option, then they can duke it out "Thunderdome" style on the weekends in the soccer stadium for season ticket holders.
View Quote

I really like this idea! This town is a shithole and I cannot wait to escape.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:25:33 PM EDT
[#27]
The fix is to ship them to So Cal, Portland, or Seattle.

You could buy each and every homeless person a brand new house but it wouldn't change a thing. The underlining problems still exist. . . . Just in doors.

Not to mention those homes would be absolutely uninhabitable within months.

Best you can do is create policies that don't enable so the locals can have some semblance of quality of life
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:29:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Truth
View Quote

Lakeway and Bee Cave PD are pretty agressive with bums.   Adler wanted to buy one of the inns in Bee Cave for a roach motel and that was shot down with a quickness.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:01:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The fix is to ship them to So Cal, Portland, or Seattle.

View Quote

Who will ship them right back. That's how a lot of them got here.

Wrong solution.

Have to make your town unattractive, by not being lenient and supporting the lifestyle. That's all that will ever work.

Another argument to be made for helping people who are mentally ill and addicts, so they don't end up on the streets, tho.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:08:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The churches at first just asked for blankets and coats .   Now they ask for tents and other camping gear .  Food , sanitation , First aid items .  And don't forget cash .

Did we have homeless before ?  Yes .   But the do gooders have only  made the situation worse .  And they puff themselves up at what good people they are .  

But they fail to acknowledge the increase in crime .  They don't live under the bridge but go home to sliced bread world .

gd
View Quote

There is a lot of truth in this statement. Leave out food, blankets, clothes, ect, and then call us when they actually have homeless people hanging around and their buildings and cars are getting broken into, trash strewn everywhere, and the place turns into a big dump.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:51:43 PM EDT
[#31]
I believe these court rulings about camping on the streets are based on the (insane) idea that the city must allow the flopping or provide somewhere else to sleep. Build barracks. Nice barracks. More nice barracks than you think you will ever need. Put in TVs. Put in a liquor store. Hell, pass out booze and smokes. If somebody is homesteading public property, panhandling, nodding out on a park bench, shitting on the sidewalk, et c., provide him a home and 3 squares a day. In the barracks.

If you've been accommodated in the barracks but leave and are found camping in a city park or begging, off to state prison. That would sort out the helpless from the lazy in short order.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:27:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Lakeway and Bee Cave PD are pretty agressive with bums.   Adler wanted to buy one of the inns in Bee Cave for a roach motel and that was shot down with a quickness.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Truth

Again, true. Lakeway PD is too busy giving Suzy soccer mom a ticket for 33 in a 30 on lakeway blvd.  Even APD rolls their eyes at lakeway and bee cave.  I do know a bee cave cop who is a good dude, though.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:32:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

gd
View Quote

Altruism is the root of all evil.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:34:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I believe these court rulings about camping on the streets are based on the (insane) idea that the city must allow the flopping or provide somewhere else to sleep. Build barracks. Nice barracks. More nice barracks than you think you will ever need. Put in TVs. Put in a liquor store. Hell, pass out booze and smokes. If somebody is homesteading public property, panhandling, nodding out on a park bench, shitting on the sidewalk, et c., provide him a home and 3 squares a day. In the barracks.

If you've been accommodated in the barracks but leave and are found camping in a city park or begging, off to state prison. That would sort out the helpless from the lazy in short order.
View Quote

They want drugs.  That's all it is, that's why there's more of them, now.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:41:26 PM EDT
[#35]
I lived in Austin about 1/2 of my life.  Austin has a good climate - it will always have a homeless issue.  That said, the homeless issue in Austin used to stem from a couple sources.  Substance abuse, mental illness, stupid kids and liberal adults.  The first 2 are obvious, but the third was kids that wanted to be their own lord and master to the extent they left perfectly good homes to be homeless.  Liberal adults made the whole damn thing possible.  The problem was the liberal adults made it too damn comfortable to be homeless in Austin, they kept trying to be more and more compassionate.  In the end - today's Austin is a homeless magnet city.  I would love to know what percentage of Austin homeless are in Austin only because it is a homeless friendly town.

In the past, we had homeless by choice.  While I probably chalked that up to mental illness above - that was not entirely true.  Austin is a good place to be homeless, it really was not a bad lifestyle for them.  One could argue they simply went Galt - they disappeared from productive society.  They stopped playing the game.  The problem now is homeless in Austin is cool.  It is a scene.  It is a honorable lifestyle among a fairly large group of people.  Some might be like the idealists of 20 years ago - but I bet most are simply lost people refusing to grow up.
----
Anyway, the answer is not difficult.  The bible had it.  Compassion to those who actually need it (be that drug treatment, mental health treatment, or help finding jobs).  But for those who choose this as a lifestyle (which I think is the biggest part of the current Homeless trend in Austin right now) - Those who do not work, should not eat.  Tough love, make the city unattractive to parasites.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:45:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

As long as we're floating fun hypotheticals, let's just move them in to Democrat voter's homes. They, by their own admission, are more loving and caring (and, maybe gotta agree a tiny bit after the "kill 'em all" comment above), and they voted for the policies that are increasing the problem. So, look through all those voter rolls, and presto....everyone has a place to stay, a sponsor, and benefactor to help them get back on their feet. Isn't that what the left says is required? Act locally? Get involved? Lead with the heart?

Who could possibly be against this idea? The left cares. Make them prove it.
View Quote

We already did that.  They are IN Austin.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top