Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Posted: 1/1/2019 12:56:08 PM EDT
I love these sales, I always try new things.  I buy the platinum package at the beginning of the year and load up at sale time, as you can re-use the sale multiple times.  Here are my 8 choices:

1)  Extinction Code by James C. Prescott
2)  Alas Babylon by Pat Frank
3)  Patient Zero: The Joe Ledger Novels, Book 1  by Joe Mayberry
4)  Atomic Adventures: Secret Islands, Forgotten N-Rays, and Isotopic Murder - A Journey into the Wild World of Nuclear Science  by James Mahaffey
5)  Seveneves: A Novel by Neal Stephenson
6)  The Hidden Life of Trees: What They Feel, How They Communicate - Discoveries from a Secret World by Peter Wohellbeen
7)  Ex-Heroes by Peter Cline (book 1 of this series).  Zombies and Super Heroes!!
8)  The Celtic World by The Great Courses.  ( I did one other great course--"how ideas spread"--and it was very good.

They also had some Monster Hunter books which I see are popular here, as well as some Iron druid.  There's about 20 books from several genres to pick from.

Audible also now has two free monthly selections, which cross many genres but typically half are PC and race or LGBT related, I typically find two that are not in those genres.
My choices I will listen to today while doing projects (these were both less than 5 hours long):
1)  Jingle Bell Pop by John Seabbrooke  9How and why Christmas Jingles are so enduring).
2)  Zero G by Jon Wells  (like Home Alone in space).

You can also return some books or exchange them if you don't like them.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 1:31:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I have hundreds of audiobooks in my library another good way to get them is join kindle unlimited there is a section where you can borrow for free and also on a huge amount of books if you borrow the kindle version you can add the audiobook for $2-$8
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 4:20:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats cool, I’ll have to try that as i do have a kindle as well!
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top