Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2022 9:59:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tommytrauma]
Hoping some here could offer some insight;
I've been interested in finding out more about freemasonary for a while now, and submitted the 'initaite your journey' email form from the Wisconsin Freemasonary website twice, about a year ago with no response, then again several months ago. Received a call several weeks after submitting the second request, and spoke with a gentleman who gave me some information and told me that he would pass my information on to a lodge closer to me. He said someone would reach out within a few days. I waited a few weeks, and called him back to let him know I hadn't heard anything, and he said he'd reach out again. That was a few weeks ago now. Is this a perseverence thing? Bad luck? Did I fail an interview that I didn't know I was having?

Any insight appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 10:38:38 PM EDT
[#1]
The masons are a dying society.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 11:04:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 8:00:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By medicmandan:
Some lodges do better at connecting with interested individuals than others.  Is the gentleman you have been communicating with a member of a specific lodge?  

Find the lodges close to you and show up 30-60 minutes before their meeting:  https://wimasons.org/lodge-locator/.  Keep in mind that most lodges "go dark" for the summer so they may not hold any meetings until September.  Check their Facebook pages and websites for calendars of other events.  

This form should go to someone in Grand Lodge who is responsible for responding to inquiries:  https://beafreemason.org/get-in-touch

You could also reach out to Michael DeWolf at [email protected] or 262-965-2200.
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 8:28:18 AM EDT
[#5]
as said above, go there early before one of there meetings or stop by if you see a few cars parked and a few guys maybe doing some yard work. You might get a contact name or even an invitation. Do you know anyone that is a member at the lodge you are interested in?
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#6]
@tommytrauma

Stand by for an IM.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Your IM inbox is full. I sent an email.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 9:12:23 PM EDT
[#8]
As medicmandan suggested above, stop by a local Lodge or two. Most Lodges, at least in my area, have a meal an hour before our regular meetings. We encourage, and welcome, a prospective member to join us as often as he likes to get to know the brethren.  This has led to several new members in our Lodge in the past few years.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By gwnga:
As medicmandan suggested above, stop by a local Lodge or two. Most Lodges, at least in my area, have a meal an hour before our regular meetings. We encourage, and welcome, a prospective member to join us as often as he likes to get to know the brethren.  This has led to several new members in our Lodge in the past few years.
View Quote

It was intimidating at first, but this is what I did.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:59:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Chadsc:

It was intimidating at first, but this is what I did.
View Quote

Same here.

I was actually the first person in the parking lot that night. A Brother saw me waiting in my car and came over to talk to me before lodge was unlocked.

I ate dinner with them and filled out my petition that night. Come to find out I knew several members of the lodge including the secretary. He became my mentor.

Just show up and introduce yourself.
Best of luck in your journey and let us know if we can be of any help.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#11]
For what it’s worth.

Virtually every grand lodge is actively trying to cure this communication breakdown. It’s nothing new and is very frustrating both to the public and to members.

If Freemasonry is something you wish to pursue I highly encourage you to approach your local lodge in person .

The meeting times are on the door most always.

Good luck to op.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#12]
OP did you ever have someone get in touch with you? If not let one of us know vaguely where you live and I'm sure we can help get the ball rolling.

Communications are not always the strong suit of Masonry
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 6:19:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By AR15thur:
OP did you ever have someone get in touch with you? If not let one of us know vaguely where you live and I'm sure we can help get the ball rolling.

Communications are not always the strong suit of Masonry
View Quote

I did. I need to check how things are going.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 4:54:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EP429] [#14]
@tommytrauma

I can't improve upon the information already given to you, but I will add that I'm always joyful to gain a new brother & willing to seek out and bug anybody who isn't getting the proper gears in motion.
We are an ancient society with antiquated mechanisms that exist for very good reasons, some are better at keeping the cogs in this machine rolling than others.

An ARFCOM brother helped nudge me over the edge, leading to me nudging others. Keep us updated
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 6:55:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top