Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2021 9:31:56 PM EDT
Woman was driving in a fairly nice area of North Austin when a car pulled in front of her and cut her off. Dude gets out and runs toward her car. Luckily she didn't wait, pulled away and the first car runs into her but she wisely kept going.

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/video-attempted-carjacking-in-northwest-austin-caught-on-camera

Sorry, you have to sit through a commercial. Couldn't find the vid elsewhere.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:34:05 PM EDT
[#1]
This is why we need to have a head on a swivel guys.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Too bad she didn't run him down.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:35:44 PM EDT
[#3]
No happy ending.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:36:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No happy ending.
View Quote

darn
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:39:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for posting OP.  Not far from me and that is a nice area.  I cut through there, or used to, on my way to work.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:41:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Woman was driving in a fairly nice area of North Austin when a car pulled in front of her and cut her off. Dude gets out and runs toward her car. Luckily she didn't wait, pulled away and the first car runs into her but she wisely kept going.

https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/video-attempted-carjacking-in-northwest-austin-caught-on-camera

View Quote
What Commerical?

Laughs in uBlock

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:41:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No happy ending.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
No happy ending.

Quoted:

These
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:42:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Hummmm.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:43:11 PM EDT
[#9]
In this situation forget about your car

Don't worry about damage, run them down, wreck 'em

You'll probably live longer

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:44:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.......was just thinking this.....
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:45:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Using one stolen car to attempt to jack another.

I could have condoned it if she had run her attempted jacker over just a little.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#12]
No description of the perps?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Fuck. So I keep a carry gun in my center console (my truck stays locked in my garage when I'm at home, and I've been working from home for a year now)... I've been meaning to find a velcro-backed holster so I can put some velcro on the inside. The center console is big and deep, plenty of space to slap my carry gun against the inside side of it so all I'd need to do is slide to top cover open and grab it.

Any good ideas for a flat backed holster with velcro on it (or that velcro could be stuck to) for a small gun (Kimber Micro 9)?  ETA - Alienware makes a system for that. Ordered a holster for that. I'll get another for my larger handgun later on.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:29:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Sounded like a gunshot when she started to run?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:30:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:41:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, this.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:59:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Fuck. So I keep a carry gun in my center console (my truck stays locked in my garage when I'm at home, and I've been working from home for a year now)... I've been meaning to find a velcro-backed holster so I can put some velcro on the inside. The center console is big and deep, plenty of space to slap my carry gun against the inside side of it so all I'd need to do is slide to top cover open and grab it.

Any good ideas for a flat backed holster with velcro on it (or that velcro could be stuck to) for a small gun (Kimber Micro 9)?  ETA - Alienware makes a system for that. Ordered a holster for that. I'll get another for my larger handgun later on.
View Quote

First idea would be to do exactly what she did.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:02:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have one of those magnets under my dash

No need to open a compartment, the gun is ready to grab

When I get out of the truck the gun goes on my hip
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:05:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

First idea would be to do exactly what she did.
View Quote

Well, yeah. Evade and escape first. That's always first choice.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:31:30 PM EDT
[#20]
AUSTIN, Texas  A disturbing scene involving two vehicles in Northwest Austin was caught on camera.

It happened in the 10000 block of Spicewood Parkway on Wednesday afternoon.

Danielle Cotey, the woman who was driving the red vehicle says Austin Police are looking for the driver of the 4-door silver blue VW Passat shown in the video.

She says the video was caught by a neighbor's nest camera, "I thought I had done something wrong I thought I was driving too slow, and I thought I made someone angry."

In the video the Blue-Passat cuts in front of her. It's then you see a man jump out, throw something at the car, and attempt to box her in.

"When they angled their car to stop me that's when I got alarmed, that's when I got really scared," said Cotey.

She says it happened while she was driving home, "He was aiming for the window but fortunately he hit this pillar between and shattered it and that's what caused me to try to get away."

Cotey says police told her of similar incidents in the area, "It wasn't until I called police, they informed me that this has been going on, that I wasn't the first person, that there is a carjacking thing going on in North Austin. That's when I really broke down."

Cotey, says she's sharing her story in hopes that the driver and those with him are caught, "I don't want it to happen to anyone else, I wish I had known about it."

APD says they are investigating but couldn't confirm a connection at this time. Anyone with any information is being encouraged to call APD's TIPS Hotline at 512-472-TIPS (8477) or 1-800-893-TIPS (8477).

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:50:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think it's a media coverup this time.

Victim first posted the incident (without video) on a neighborhood blog. Said all she saw was a guy with a mask and a hoodie pulled low running at her car. Between that, something being thrown at her car and the other car trying to block her she was too shook up at the time for specifics.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:54:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:55:16 AM EDT
[#23]
She did the right thing, but as soon as she seen passenger get out she should have floored it and gtfo of there!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:03:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I picked up a magnet from my LGS and screwed it to the inside of the console. Holds tight and easy to retrieve the gun.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:23:31 AM EDT
[#25]
"Needs more glock..."
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:32:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lady was pretty alert, as soon as the car stops in front she starts backing up to make space to escape.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#27]

That's one way to do it. I would rather not drill holes in my shit, though it's just a plastic box. I think velcro will hold up fine, and the solution I found from Aliengear would allow picking up a different velcro-backed holster for other guns should I ever need 'em.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:28:23 PM EDT
[#28]
diversity is our strength
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top