Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2019 10:45:49 AM EDT
I got my printer setup late last night.   Picked the pig that was a sample on the card and told it to print.  I was using the sample PLA that came with the printer.   I watched it for about 1/2 an hour then decided I needed some sleep.    Checked it a couple times w the Wyze camera I had pointed on it and it was printing when I fell asleep.  This morning it looked more like a bowl than  pig, had some filament loose on one side, and when I touched the controller it gave me an option to continue.   When I chose that the print head started moving all over the place and finally knocked the printout off the bed.   I'll have to try again tonight and see what I can print.  I'll use some of the PLA+ that I have.

Attachment Attached File

If I was only going to get half the pig, at least I got the bacon half!
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:24:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Tried it again tonight.   Used  some red PLA+ and increased the filament temp because of that.   Failed at the same point as far as I can tell.

Wasn't looking at it when it failed.

I gave up on the pig.   Now I'm printing the cat sample they have on the card to see if it prints something else right.
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 2:39:24 AM EDT
[#2]
That print almost looks like it's supposed to be that way

I can't see the infill or anything. Keep us posted.

Also have you tried slicing something on your own to try.

Everything move freely in the Z by hand?
Link Posted: 11/8/2019 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That print almost looks like it's supposed to be that way

I can't see the infill or anything. Keep us posted.

Also have you tried slicing something on your own to try.

Everything move freely in the Z by hand?
View Quote
Everything moves freely.  It was printing fine as long as I looked at it.  Then it had quit.   The 2nd pig was red PLA+ and failed again the same way at the same point as near as I can tell.  Tried a 3rd printout last night w/ the red PLA+ but did the cat.  It came out pretty well.    Had a minor amount of really faint stringing between the ears but they just rubbed off.    I'll post a pic of it when I get a chance this morning.

There wasn't any infil in that portion.  It was printing w/ a hollow shell.  The legs had infil in them.   The cat printed the same way.  The body is hollow.   It was interesting to watch.  I have a wyze camera pointing towards it and was watching it while doing other things on my phone.   I think it took about 5h45min from it said on the display this morning, but I was in a hurry and didn't take a picture before I shut it down.

Was thinking about printing one I'd sliced in Cura, but I screwed up last night.  I copied the stl files to the card instead of the gcode files and none of the files I'd setup to print were visible.   That's what I get for trying to get a print job running in the few minutes I had while dinner was cooking.   It worked out though.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top