Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2018 5:54:22 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 3:59:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Seeing more of the disc coils lately. Curious as to how long they last compared to tradition coils. Let us know.

And I hear ya. I'm tired of rolling coils, too. Picked up some pre-made Claptons for my rebuildables, and some stock coils for my Baby Beast for when I'm feeling extra lazy.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 8:38:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 4:23:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Dear Keef,

thanks for spending my money.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 8:37:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 12:33:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Disk coils are a thing again? I remember the old ones that everyone shit on. The new ones look pretty sweet. How's having a mod with a touch screen? Is there a way to lock it so you don't have to constantly check and update your settings?

Btw, if you need needle tip bottles let me know. I have about a hundred of them next to my computer and I keep reusing the same 4 bottles when I make my juice batches.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 2:28:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Just watched a video on the tank itself. The fill method looks interesting. And the top airflow would make it less prone to leaking. Sounds good to me.

It looks like it basically operates like an RDTA or Genesis style tank, where the wicks are at the top and requires tipping. Have you had any issues with dry hits, or does the natural tipping of the tank when you're taking a pull saturate the wick enough? I generally tip at almost a 90 degree angle anyway, since I use RDTAs so often.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 7:12:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice. I may pick up the tank at some point. Since most reviews say anything under 80 watts is too weak for the coil, I'll need a dual battery mod. I really like the looks and size of the Sinuous Ravage230.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 7:30:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My pleasure! I guess you ordered one? I've used it heavily since friday and the coil still looks new. Will keep reporting back.
View Quote
I did indeed.  this thing is pretty slick so far, but I made an absolute mess filling it.  I don't think it's an issue with the tank, but a learning curve on my side of what not to do.  running at 80 watts and it is pretty damn good.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 8:40:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Just ordered the tank, along with the Ravage230 mod. My first dual battery mod, so I had to get some more batteries to use as a "married" set in it.

I read some concerns about the synthetic fiber looking stuff under the coil. But a Youtuber tore open the coil and revealed that between the fiber type wick and the coil, is normal cotton, so no worries of burning the synthetic stuff in case of a dry hit. I guess the synthetic stuff holds juice better and keeps the cotton saturated.

So, yeah. Thanks for spending our money, Keith.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
ETA: @Punkface . Do your needle tips have the metal tips? Not sure how those would work on this. I feel like they need to be plastic to make a “seal” when filling.
View Quote
Nah they're just the thin plastic tips that go about a centimeter. I also have other unicorn bottles where the tips are in a cone shape as well.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 11:02:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 3:34:47 AM EDT
[#14]
backed mine off to 64W.  I think this might be a sweet spot for me.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 7:23:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Tank came in earlier today. I like it. Tried it at 80 watts to start. It hit way too hard. I use 6mg juice, generally around 40 watts (which for my usual tank and coil, is about 4v).

Down to 65 watts (which only comes out a tad over 3v with the coil at .14ohms) and it hits much smoother for me.

I'll probably whip up some 3mg juice so I can go to a higher wattage, and hopefully get some more flavor.

Did you guys experience any break-in with the coils? Or are you getting full flavor right off the bat? One review I watched claimed these coils taste better with fruit juices and don't produce as much flavor with bakery/custard/heavy type juices. I'm using a blueberry pudding type juice and I'm not getting full on flavor yet. I'm only 30 pulls in, though, and I can taste the flavor starting to come through more on each pull.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 8:51:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have been making my Watermelon Jolly Rancher flavor pretty much exclusively. I got away from bakery juices. It tasted great right away. I turned it down to 70 watts; also using 6ml nic.
View Quote
I've been meaning to try that recipe.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Well I'll take some then. I appreciate the offer!!
View Quote
Shoot me a PM with your info and I'll get it out in the mail sometime this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 8:14:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 1:47:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have been making my Watermelon Jolly Rancher flavor pretty much exclusively. I got away from bakery juices. It tasted great right away. I turned it down to 70 watts; also using 6ml nic.
View Quote
no keef pie flavors?  I thought I knew you...
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 7:39:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 2:14:23 AM EDT
[#22]
I have that tank it is great
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:31:38 PM EDT
[#23]
I purchased the speeder kit with that tank....I use at 40 w with DIY juise and it is good to go....a few dry hits on my tank but i just tip and hit it again.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 10:35:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top