Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 10/20/2021 9:47:20 PM EDT
If you have a legitimate question I'll do my best to answer you.

Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#1]
God bless you, brother. Praying for your responses.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you listened to Jeff Durbin from Apologia Church/Radio.

If so, opinion?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:50:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Is a new soul created upon the conception of a new human, or are souls in queue somewhere waiting for a body?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
God bless you, brother. Praying for your responses.
View Quote

Thank you. May God bless you as well brother.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:50:37 PM EDT
[#5]
what branch are you in?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Have you listened to Jeff Durbin from Apologia Church/Radio.

If so, opinion?
View Quote

I don't know him.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:52:01 PM EDT
[#7]
We need to be more vocal about it. Still think we are the silent majority.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:52:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Do you allow for the possibility that God's creation extends far beyond Earth?  Respectfully. And thanks!
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:52:48 PM EDT
[#9]
What is your understanding of the trinity?

Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:53:05 PM EDT
[#10]
How are you feeling/
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Why am I damned to hell if I kill a person but accepted if it’s during war time?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:53:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Can salvation be lost?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:54:20 PM EDT
[#13]
When did you understand Chirst was our savior?  I never really knew what it meant till later in life.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:55:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Significance of the number 40?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:57:35 PM EDT
[#15]
No questions, just blessings. May God always bless you brother.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:57:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Why am I damned to hell if I kill a person but accepted if it's during war time?
View Quote
I'll take this one as I don't think I'm out of my depth.

The commandment is actually "thou shall not MURDER" - not kill. Therefore, the killing of an enemy combatant in a just war is not murder. "Just war" is where the situation gets really complex though. And "shooting a charging enemy" vs one running away, also creates nuances.

But essentially, if two sides line up, both sets of combatants have decided their cause is worth more than their life- therefore you are not taking an innocent life. You didn't make the decision- they did.

kill v. murder is the question.

eta- that's Old Covenant, New Covenant means forgiveness is possible for any sin- even murder, with one exception- Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, or rather the sin of unbelief. Anyone can come to God, but first they must believe that He is.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:58:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Why am I damned to hell if I kill a person but accepted if it’s during war time?
View Quote

That doesn't put you in hell.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:00:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Is the false covid vaccine the precursor to the mark?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:01:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Do you allow for the possibility that God's creation extends far beyond Earth?  Respectfully. And thanks!
View Quote

Some of the guys and I from my life group (basically a bible study) had this discussion before starting our lesson. We were all open to the possibility of sentient life beyond earth. I suggested that perhaps the innate desire for closeness to God that extends to nearly all cultures could be a purely human characteristic. The concept of God, whether mono or polytheistic, could be a completely foreign concept to aliens.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:02:11 PM EDT
[#20]
How does one find their purpose? Tired of living in a system that doesnt serve God, feel like im not doing and wasted so much of my life living for a future that isnt going to happen. Marriage looks bleak, and believe my wife is living with cognitive dissidence about justifying in what their doing and don't no longer believe in our marital vows. I meant everything and will go to the bitter end of it all and we have kids, so how long does God expect me to put up with her being disloyal even if it's just emotional and I am just waiting for the death blow of the eventual actual act?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:04:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Is a new soul created upon the conception of a new human, or are souls in queue somewhere waiting for a body?
View Quote

There are varying views on this. It's a question I've thought about before but I don't know the answer for sure. I personally don't think there is a queue waiting for a body. I do know that God breathed Adam's soul into him and our souls are from God's breath and our bodies are made from the dust of this Earth. Wether or not God does this at the moment of conception or not is an interesting question. I think He does, I could wrong. I would advise studying the subject for yourself. Good question.

Here's a few scriptures that talk about your question:

Ecclesiastes 12:7
and the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Isaiah 42:5
Thus says God, the Lord, who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and what comes from it, who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it:

Psalm 139:13–16
For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

Isaiah 44:24
Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: “I am the Lord, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself,
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:05:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
what branch are you in?
View Quote

Branch? What do you mean?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:05:49 PM EDT
[#23]
So..... at 18 years old, if your newlywed wife dies in a tragic accident, then you marry another after 4 years or so, she gets knocked up on the honeymoon and dies in childbirth, then after some more years you get married again, and both live out a long happy life.

Now.... in the afterlife, are you gonna have 3 legit wives waiting, and will 2 of them still be young & hot and one is old.... what about a MFFF 4 way? Will that be legal?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:06:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes I do. He created the entire Universe. There is no telling what else He has made.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:06:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Do you accept your thoughts could be right or wrong?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:07:22 PM EDT
[#26]
What do you expect to learn from this thread?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:09:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What is your understanding of the trinity?
View Quote

God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#28]
What is your thoughts on speaking in tongues?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:10:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How are you feeling/
View Quote

Not very well at this particular time. But I am thankful for my blessings as my medical problems could be worse. Thanks for asking.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:11:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Glock 19 or Sig P320?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:11:51 PM EDT
[#31]
If you have / will have kids will you have gifts from “Santa” under the tree? How is it ok to lie to kids like that?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:12:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

People only go to hell if their sins are not forgiven. GOD provided forgiveness through Jesus's/God's substitutionary self sacrifice and resurrection.

In the end many people will go to hell because they don't think they sinned or did anything wrong deserving punishment vs. humbling themselves before a perfect and all creator and accepting his love and forgiveness.

However, God is perfection and only associates with perfection thus any sin or imperfection will be eternally separated from him (hell). This is why he himself became our perfect sacrifice.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
View Quote

So, are you saying Jesus and God are separate entities? They are distinct beings? Does that mean Jesus had his own will? He did not have to choose God's will?

By implication, are you saying Jesus is NOT God?

Is the holy ghost also a separate entity? (a "person")?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:14:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's conditioning the masses for it like nothing else has in history IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Respectfully, your question is flawed.

You are only damned to hell if you refuse God's free gift of Salvation through His Son, Jesus.

There will be forgiven murderers in Heaven.

Even hating someone is murder in God's eyes.

1 John 3:15
Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:19:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Can salvation be lost?
View Quote

Your salvation is between you and God. It is a free gift and cannot be earned.

Jesus said this:

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one."
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:20:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
When did you understand Chirst was our savior?  I never really knew what it meant till later in life.
View Quote

At 11 years old the Holy Spirit touched my heart.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:20:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Respectfully, your question is flawed.

You are only damned to hell if you refuse God's free gift of Salvation through His Son, Jesus.

There will be forgiven murderers in Heaven.

Even hating someone is murder in God's eyes.

1 John 3:15
Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
View Quote
What happens to Nazi camp executioners who believed in Jesus?

What happens to Jewish prisoners who hate their executioners and all Nazis?

Who hath eternal life?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:20:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Significance of the number 40?
View Quote

I don't know.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:20:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
No questions, just blessings. May God always bless you brother.
View Quote

Thank you brother. May God bless you too.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:21:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is my personal opinion. I wanted preface answering this question with that said.

I believe it is conditioning for the mark.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:23:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Its a grey area.  There are many beings God created but from the Bible it seems we are the pentacle and reason for creation.  In Genesis chapter 1 God says, "let us make man in our image".  He wanted to create something like himself that was eternal, that he could relate to, and that he could bless with his goodness, glory, and splendor.

That required the knowledge of good and evil, freewill and other attributes we call creativity, power, wisdom etc.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:28:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
How does one find their purpose? Tired of living in a system that doesnt serve God, feel like im not doing and wasted so much of my life living for a future that isnt going to happen. Marriage looks bleak, and believe my wife is living with cognitive dissidence about justifying in what their doing and don't no longer believe in our marital vows. I meant everything and will go to the bitter end of it all and we have kids, so how long does God expect me to put up with her being disloyal even if it's just emotional and I am just waiting for the death blow of the eventual actual act?
View Quote

I can't possibly know what your situation is from this paragraph you wrote but I will say this:

1. Pray everyday as the Bible says "pray without ceasing"

2. Thank God for your blessings as I'm sure they are many.

3. Pray for forgiveness and pour out your heart to Him.

4. Study God's word.

5. Try and do His will each and every day.

Remember, Jesus said you must be born again.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:29:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So..... at 18 years old, if your newlywed wife dies in a tragic accident, then you marry another after 4 years or so, she gets knocked up on the honeymoon and dies in childbirth, then after some more years you get married again, and both live out a long happy life.

Now.... in the afterlife, are you gonna have 3 legit wives waiting, and will 2 of them still be young & hot and one is old.... what about a MFFF 4 way? Will that be legal?
View Quote

We are not married in Heaven.

Matthew 22:30
At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:30:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Do you accept your thoughts could be right or wrong?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:31:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Can my girlfriend wear men's clothing or does the Lord detest this?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:31:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What do you expect to learn from this thread?
View Quote

Other peoples thoughts, questions, and experiences.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:34:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If you have a legitimate question I'll do my best to answer you.

View Quote

What does being a ‘Christian’ mean to you?

Do you practice what you preach?

Chris
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:35:05 PM EDT
[#49]
What do you think about the pope?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:35:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Tell me the name of the creator
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top