Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/6/2023 5:27:37 PM EDT
I agree.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/arnold-schwarzenegger-heaven-some-fantasy-sad-part

Arnold Schwarzenegger isn't sold on the idea of an afterlife.

Schwarzenegger and his pal, Danny DeVito, got deep about what happens after you die during a conversation for Interview magazine. The "FUBAR" actor maintained that heaven is "some fantasy."

"It reminds me of Howard Stern’s question to me," Schwarzenegger recalled. "‘Tell me, governor, what happens to us when we die?’ I said, ‘Nothing. You’re six feet under. Anyone that tells you something else is a f--king liar.’"

"I said, ‘We don’t know what happens with the soul and all this spiritual stuff that I’m not an expert in, but I know that the body as we see each other now, we will never see each other again like that.’"

DeVito chimed in with, "We deteriorate."

"Except in some fantasy," Schwarzenegger responded. "When people talk about, ‘I will see them again in heaven,’ it sounds so good, but the reality is that we won’t see each other again after we’re gone. That’s the sad part. I know people feel comfortable with death, but I don’t."

"Because I will f--king miss the s--- out of everything. To sit with you here, that will one day be gone?" he said. "And to have fun and to go to the gym and to pump up, to ride my bike on the beach, to travel around, to see interesting things all over the world. What the f---?"

"Life! It’s the best!" DeVito responded.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:30:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh well. At least he won’t miss his “freedom”.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#2]
In before the tears
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:34:26 PM EDT
[#3]
On this, I agree with him.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a shame I really liked him as an actor.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:36:38 PM EDT
[#5]
It seems that Arnold Schwarzenegger expressed his perspective on the idea of an afterlife during a conversation with Danny DeVito for Interview magazine. Schwarzenegger stated that he doesn't believe in an afterlife and referred to the concept of heaven as a fantasy. According to him, when people die, they are buried six feet under, and he doesn't believe in anything beyond that.

Schwarzenegger acknowledged that he is not an expert on spiritual matters and doesn't know what happens with the soul. However, he emphasized that the physical bodies we see in life will not be seen again after death. He expressed sadness at the idea of not being able to see loved ones or experience the joys of life after death.

On the other hand, Danny DeVito responded by saying that bodies deteriorate after death. Schwarzenegger reiterated his perspective, stating that the idea of seeing loved ones in heaven sounds good but isn't a reality. He expressed his strong attachment to life and the things he enjoys, such as spending time with friends, going to the gym, riding his bike, and traveling the world.

It's important to note that personal beliefs and perspectives on the afterlife vary among individuals. People have different religious, philosophical, and cultural views on what happens after death. Schwarzenegger's views reflect his own perspective and may not necessarily align with those of others.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:37:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds about right.  A logical answer.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:38:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Obviously he's never read Revelations.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:38:23 PM EDT
[#8]
He's probably scared to death of heaven being real. Who knows what all he's done through his Hollywood career
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Heaven for Arnold is a laundry room full of unattractive maids.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:39:02 PM EDT
[#10]
If true, how does it harm him if other people worry about getting themselves into heaven?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 5:39:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It seems that Arnold Schwarzenegger expressed his perspective on the idea of an afterlife during a conversation with Danny DeVito for Interview magazine. Schwarzenegger stated that he doesn't believe in an afterlife and referred to the concept of heaven as a fantasy. According to him, when people die, they are buried six feet under, and he doesn't believe in anything beyond that.

Schwarzenegger acknowledged that he is not an expert on spiritual matters and doesn't know what happens with the soul. However, he emphasized that the physical bodies we see in life will not be seen again after death. He expressed sadness at the idea of not being able to see loved ones or experience the joys of life after death.

On the other hand, Danny DeVito responded by saying that bodies deteriorate after death. Schwarzenegger reiterated his perspective, stating that the idea of seeing loved ones in heaven sounds good but isn't a reality. He expressed his strong attachment to life and the things he enjoys, such as spending time with friends, going to the gym, riding his bike, and traveling the world.

It's important to note that personal beliefs and perspectives on the afterlife vary among individuals. People have different religious, philosophical, and cultural views on what happens after death. Schwarzenegger's views reflect his own perspective and may not necessarily align with those of others.
View Quote

That last paragraph sounds exactly like the disclaimers chat gpt puts on anything that remotely has feels.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I have been dead, and he is wrong.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:06:39 PM EDT
[#13]
If it's just lights out you won't miss anything.

I don't worry about being dead.  It's the dying part that concerns me.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:07:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Pumping Iron (1977) - It feels like Cumming [HD]
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#15]
He's not too far from finding out.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#16]
What a twat, lol.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#17]
He's kind of an all-around shitbag thus his opinions on any subject are of no concern to me.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:13:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Coming from a man that didn't go to his own Father's funeral. Fuck him and his opinions about the afterlife.

Don't let the Hollywood nostalgia of the 80s fool you...Arnold has always been an arrogant and misogynistic piece of shit.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:13:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That last paragraph sounds exactly like the disclaimers chat gpt puts on anything that remotely has feels.
View Quote

The poster did it in this thread too.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Don-your-tinfoil-hats-and-take-a-journey-with-me-into-the-science-of-population-control-and-sex-/5-2650349/
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:14:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Coming from a man that didn't go to his own Father's funeral. Fuck him and his opinions about the afterlife.

Don't let the Hollywood nostalgia of the 80s fool you...Arnold has always been an arrogant and masagonistic piece of shit.
View Quote

I guess his death’s head belt buckle is just a future rendering of himself then…
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
He's kind of an all-around shitbag thus his opinions on any subject are of no concern to me.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Sweet, I was running low on things I supposedly should be upset about.  

Thanks op.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:17:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, we know there is a Hell, Ahhhhhnold was governor of it for awhile.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#24]
God doesn’t ask for much. Not Much at all.

Hope he enjoys hell.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:19:54 PM EDT
[#25]
If I decide to bang my housekeeper I'll solicit his opinion.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:20:00 PM EDT
[#26]
He's probably correct, but everyone has their own beliefs. Nothing wrong with that.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:23:22 PM EDT
[#27]
No matter what he believes, eternity is coming for all of us, it's both inevitable and irrefutable.
He might want to give some thought to how he's going to spend that eternity 'cause eternity is a long time to be wrong.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:23:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it was probably written by an AI for the "author."
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Yep, both answers are AI written.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
In before the tears
View Quote

More like pity.

Time and existence doesn’t just start by itself in infinity.

Something never comes from absolute nothing, no matter the time.  

I CAN understand people being confused on WHAT/WHO to believe.

I can’t understand someone not understanding there is intelligent design.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:30:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

@Idahobound - you had a near death exeperience?  Please do share.

My friend had one.  He was in a motorcycle accident and felt like was falling into a dark hole.  The deeper he fell, the scarier it got.  "God! Help me!" and he saw a light and felt he was being pulled up.  Then his eyes opened and he saw the doctors at the ER who saved him and got him re-started (clinically dead so is he a zombie)?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't care what an actor or singers politics are, entertain me and it's all good.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

ChatGPT much?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#34]
You know how you don't remember anything before you were born? Yeah, I think that's how it'll be when you die. Time nor anything will have any meaning to you anymore.

On the other hand, saying YOU KNOW there is no afterlife is just as much of a leap of faith as believing in God is. It is unprovable.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:36:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

My friend had one.  He was in a motorcycle accident and felt like was falling into a dark hole.  The deeper he fell, the scarier it got.  "God! Help me!" and he saw a light and felt he was being pulled up.  Then his eyes opened and he saw the doctors at the ER who saved him and got him re-started (clinically dead so is he a zombie)?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lady I knew many years ago had a near death experience........and it terrified her. She told me she knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that there was a Hell.

Free will belongs to all men, and all are free to believe as they will.......but as for me, I believe there is a Heaven and a place of eternal punishment for evil. And none have to go there ,..........
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Loved how his father was described as a Nazi official, yet the only WW2 picture shows him wearing the uniform of a Wehrmacht sergeant. 100,000s of Austrians served in the German military - volunteer or drafted - during the war.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:38:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Heaven for Arnold is a laundry room full of unattractive maids.
https://media.tenor.com/oNn3Xf14XrkAAAAM/consuela-family-guy.gif
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Get to the choppa!
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Uh, hellooooo....

Anyone surprised?

The whole point of believing that a higher power exists requires a person to "humble" themselves - where a narcissist (like Arnold) ain't going for that.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I don't care what an actor or singers politics are, entertain me and it's all good.
View Quote

Exactly. He should shut up and make the last installment of Conan the King
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Sounds about right.  A logical answer.
View Quote

How is it logical?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 6:48:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:03:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Loved how his father was described as a Nazi official, yet the only WW2 picture shows him wearing the uniform of a Wehrmacht sergeant. 100,000s of Austrians served in the German military - volunteer or drafted - during the war.
View Quote

“We’ll get the Iron Cross for this!”

“Yes!  It will look great draped over our coffins!”
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Uh, hellooooo....

Anyone surprised?

The whole point of believing that a higher power exists requires a person to "humble" themselves - where a narcissist (like Arnold) ain't going for that.
View Quote

Yeah, he most likely has Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

He said his parents  treated him badly, believing he was gay? I recall when he was campaigning for governor he refused to address some cnn interview from the 70s where he bragged they had quite the gangbangs at the gym, regardless whether chicks were around for it. So, the baby oil wasn’t to accent the spray on tans?
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Nazi's don't go to heaven.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:07:48 PM EDT
[#47]
For someone who hasn't died and has not experience the afterlife, he sure knows a lot about it!
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

How is it logical?
View Quote

Logical in the sense he used the facts available and didn’t rely on superstition or arcane texts to support his argument.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:10:11 PM EDT
[#49]
He’s right, but that seems like a poor thing to say as a politician even for CA.
Link Posted: 6/6/2023 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Logical in the sense he used the facts available and didn’t rely on superstition or arcane texts to support his argument.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is it logical?

The Bible is a history book.

You can choose to ignore history.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top