BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From the video it looks like lots of empty seats.

Fuck the NFL
View Quote

Agreed
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 5:43:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Maybe they should have used a B1 instead?
View Quote

I was at the Atlanta nascar track many years ago when a B1 was tasked with the flyover.

I swear you could feel the heat from the AB when he did his “sneak” from somewhere around turn 4.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 5:44:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I was expecting some dumb fucking posts from airplane pilots and…..

Son I am not disappoint.
View Quote

2010 Alaska C 17 crash FULL VIDEO
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I was at the game and almost eye level with them.  Was completely badass.

F the Karens.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 5:53:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That’s the first time I’ve heard of Ft. Campbell, Tennessee.
View Quote

Caught that too.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Damn.

Air Force pilots crash alot.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 5:57:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Damn.

Air Force pilots who think they are better than flight regulations and aerodynamic rules crash alot.
View Quote

FIFY

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 6:01:26 PM EDT
[#8]
buddies went and said it was one of the better fly overs they've seen.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 6:03:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

FIFY

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn.

Air Force pilots who think they are better than flight regulations and aerodynamic rules crash alot.

FIFY

These guys definitely had no regard for aerodynamic rules. It’s evident from the video.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@bionic589

How many airshows/formation flights have you planned briefed and flown?
View Quote

Never did a airshow or sportsball flyover, always had other obligations.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 6:22:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, when you're flightpath splits the scoreboard and the pressbox, it's going to be "looked into it a bit further".
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So the FAA is butthurt that the helicopter flew too low?
View Quote

No I have no idea but would the FAA actually have any say/jurisdiction over a military flight?

J-
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 6:46:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Never did a airshow or sportsball flyover, always had other obligations.
View Quote

A few of us have experience in formation flying and aerial demonstrations. Many of us have lost friends and coworkers doing stupid shit in airplanes.

Just because something looks awesome, and didn’t result in a mishap, doesn’t mean it was smart or won’t  result in a tragic mishap next time.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 7:10:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

A few of us have experience in formation flying and aerial demonstrations. Many of us have lost friends and coworkers doing stupid shit in airplanes.

Just because something looks awesome, and didn’t result in a mishap, doesn’t mean it was smart or won’t  result in a tragic mishap next time.
View Quote

Well said
Yup
About 10 for me. Either did something stupid, bad decision, miscalculation, or something broke and they weren’t able to recover.

I guess GD just thinks I’m a Karen
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 7:45:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

Well said
Yup
About 10 for me. Either did something stupid, bad decision, miscalculation, or something broke and they weren’t able to recover.

I guess GD just thinks I’m a Karen
View Quote

Dang, what is it about airplanes that makes them make such bad decisions be stupid?

Oh btw I have done some formation flight before.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks like awesome sauce to me... but I'm not a pussy.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 7:52:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Just curious if the pearl clutching is from fixed wing guys versus rotary?
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Dang, what is it about airplanes that makes them make such bad decisions be stupid?

View Quote

Aviation mishaps come in many flavors.

This is an excellent book that delves into the topic of ‘rogue’ aviators if you are curious enough for a deeper dive on the subject.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Aviation mishaps come in many flavors.

This is an excellent book that delves into the topic of 'rogue' aviators if you are curious enough for a deeper dive on the subject.
View Quote
Indeed, is a good book.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Looks low, but that would only make it more awesome IMHO...

Not a pilot, but what's the harm in flying at ~300 feet vs ~1000 feet? Worst case is the helo crashes into the crowd, altitude would have been zero at that point.
View Quote

Thee are altitude restrictions for buildings, populated areas, crowds, etc - basically if something goes wrong you have to be able to crash somewhere else...  If they are at 1000 feet, they (might) crash into the parking lot as opposed to the stands.

Unless there was a waiver for the event, the video definitely shows them to be in violation of those restrictions.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 8:06:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Everyone continues to be outraged by anything of no consequence, while ignoring everything of importance that needs fixing.
View Quote

Best sentence ever
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 8:13:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Creds or
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 8:24:09 PM EDT
[#23]
I wish this was the story instead what we got

If someone posted I'm sorry

“As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.” Happy Thanksgiving, all.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Thee are altitude restrictions for buildings, populated areas, crowds, etc - basically if something goes wrong you have to be able to crash somewhere else...  If they are at 1000 feet, they (might) crash into the parking lot as opposed to the stands.

Unless there was a waiver for the event, the video definitely shows them to be in violation of those restrictions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks low, but that would only make it more awesome IMHO...

Not a pilot, but what's the harm in flying at ~300 feet vs ~1000 feet? Worst case is the helo crashes into the crowd, altitude would have been zero at that point.

And those altitude restrictions include an exemption for certain types of aircraft, such as helicopters.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 8:40:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

@bionic589

How many airshows/formation flights have you planned briefed and flown?
View Quote
Edit: I'm gonna I was gonna fucking die laughing if he responds responded with a positive integer.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 8:41:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

And those altitude restrictions include an exemption for certain types of aircraft, such as helicopters.
View Quote

I would be absolutely floored if the regulations for an aerial demonstration or flyover, even for army helicopters, allowed them to fly over the stadium at an altitude which allowed fans in the nosebleeds to look at the tops of rotor blades.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 8:52:57 PM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was expecting some dumb fucking posts from airplane pilots and…..

Son I am not disappoint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8D5v_t8Lac

I walked off the flightline [immediately adjacent to the accident site] 30-minutes before that happened. That year was horrible as we lost an F-22 4-months later.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 9:00:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Edit: I'm gonna I was gonna fucking die laughing if he responds responded with a positive integer.
View Quote

RIP

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 9:01:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I would be absolutely floored if the regulations for an aerial demonstration or flyover, even for army helicopters, allowed them to fly over the stadium at an altitude which allowed fans in the nosebleeds to look at the tops of rotor blades.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's essentially a blanket exemption from the altitude restrictions, for rotary wing (helicopters), weight shift (some ultralights), and paramotors (as I recall), as long as they are operated in a safe manner.  

A followup to the initial news report states that there were no camera wires over the stadium, and the wires people are getting worked up over, are supporting the net behind the goal post (much lower than the helicopters as they flew over).

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/newschannel-5-investigates/titans-flyover-now-subject-of-a-pending-investigation-faa-says
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It's essentially a blanket exemption from the altitude restrictions, for rotary wing (helicopters), weight shift (some ultralights), and paramotors (as I recall), as long as they are operated in a safe manner.  

A followup to the initial news report states that there were no camera wires over the stadium, and the wires people are getting worked up over, are supporting the net behind the goal post (much lower than the helicopters as they flew over).

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/newschannel-5-investigates/titans-flyover-now-subject-of-a-pending-investigation-faa-says
View Quote

I’m not talking about FAA regulations, or getting wound up about the wires.

The Air Force has a specific set of regulations and AFIs that cover aerial demonstrations and flyovers, as well as low altitude flight over populated areas. They pretty much say you must be a certain altitude above the highest man made obstacle within a certain distance of where you are operating.

I’m sure the Army has a very similar set of regulations, and as I said, I would be shocked if these Army aviation regulations permitted this flyover to occur where fans could look down on the helos inside the stadium.

ETA: I’m unfamiliar with army rotary wing ops, so I could be completely wrong, but I’d be willing to bet we read a thread in GD here in a month or two detailing how the flight lead had his wings taken from him, and the other members of the formation likewise suffered some administrative discipline.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 9:46:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The Air Force has a specific set of regulations and AFIs that cover aerial demonstrations and flyovers, as well as low altitude flight over populated areas. They pretty much say you must be a certain altitude above the highest man made obstacle within a certain distance of where you are operating.

I’m sure the Army has a very similar set of regulations, and as I said, I would be shocked if these Army aviation regulations permitted this flyover to occur where fans could look down on the helos inside the stadium.

ETA: I’m unfamiliar with army rotary wing ops, so I could be completely wrong, but I’d be willing to bet we read a thread in GD here in a month or two detailing how the flight lead had his wings taken from him, and the other members of the formation likewise suffered some administrative discipline.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Army's regulations for rotary wing are significantly different from the fixed wing regulations of other branches of the military, just like the FAA's regulations have significant exceptions for rotary wing aircraft.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 9:48:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Someone painting sky dicks again?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:36:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ok I’ll ask you the same question.
@doublearon

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:42:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Army's regulations for rotary wing are significantly different from the fixed wing regulations of other branches of the military, just like the FAA's regulations have significant exceptions for rotary wing aircraft.
View Quote

There undoubtably are differences in regulations. And there should be. But I would still be shocked if those Regs allowed a flyover of a full NFL stadium below the tops of that stadium.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:15:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do they have a specific set of regulations for ejection too?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:26:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Ok I'll ask you the same question.
@doublearon

View Quote
You'll have to ask my estate.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:06:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

There undoubtably are differences in regulations. And there should be. But I would still be shocked if those Regs allowed a flyover of a full NFL stadium below the tops of that stadium.
View Quote

There are no Army Flight Regulations that address the matter and the applicable Part 91 regs have already been quoted. (It's possible that additional restrictions could be addressed in Fort Campbell's supplement to 95-1 but I doubt that)

Assuming that the mission was approved, appropriate risk assessed, the briefing officer signed the mission brief and the pilots complied with the parameters of the brief, they properly accomplished their assigned mission.  Since the CAB Commander was the AMC, I'd suggest that all of the above were met.

Retired FAA Safety Inspector Karen needs to wipe his (retired) vagina.  Or, better yet, just fuck right off.

If the Titans, NFL or, more appropriately, the stadium management have a problem with it then their dissatisfaction should be addressed.   Has anybody heard them bitchin'?

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:09:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I was at the game and almost eye level with them.  Was completely badass.

F the Karens.
View Quote

That likely violated multiple FAA regulations.   Someone will pay for it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:18:54 AM EDT
[#39]
FAA has no say in what the Military does.  Fuck those guys.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:22:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Laughs in coca cola 600 flight demonstrations.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 4:07:26 AM EDT
[#41]
It was fairly low but not unsafe.

Honestly if I was doing that flight back in my youth I would have actually wanted to drop it down lower once I came into the stadium. But I was young and dumb.

On one hand you want to give them a good show but on the other you want to be safe and not get your shit pounded in.

We did some crazy shit getting into and out of static displays sometimes.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 5:58:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Do they have a specific set of regulations for ejection too?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/200878/Crash_arp_600pix_jpg-2190026.JPG

View Quote

If you set your altimeter to the correct reading then you might not have to eject. We briefed to set it to 0 for the airshows.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 6:42:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 2:02:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

RIP

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RIP

You did not respond with a positive integer
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#45]
I was at this game. It was sick and the Karen’s need to stfu
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 2:28:27 PM EDT
[#46]
That's nothing

Plane fly over city skyscraper in Sydney 11-Oct-2018
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Everyone continues to be outraged by anything of no consequence, while ignoring everything of importance that needs fixing.
View Quote
Yes, there are massive issues that are going to predictably cripple US combat capability, but lets focus on some helicopters that flew too low?
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Caught that too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That’s the first time I’ve heard of Ft. Campbell, Tennessee.

Caught that too.

The majority of the post and the training areas, say 75%, is in Tennessee and that's where Id say 90% of the off-post people live, in Clarksville and thereabouts.

Just so happens they put the post office on the Kentucky side. The Div HQ is about 300 feet into Kentucky.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 7:46:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Did someone go below the hard deck?

Is jester dead?
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 10:51:02 PM EDT
[#50]
All those fly by's are awesome.... The FAA should fuck off
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top