BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:32:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

meh, IDGAF about ponytails in PT uniform.

I think the argument against beards has always been sealing up a protective mask.  Not sure how the Sikhs get away with their beards.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The hair highlights thing is 100% a concession to fashion. That the latter didn't happen is evidence this whole thing included concessions to women who wanted to be able to be more fashionable when they took of their uniforms, not just practical modification to appearance rules in uniform.

The equivalent for men would be allowing a neatly trimmed beard. Which, alas, was not considered.

meh, IDGAF about ponytails in PT uniform.

I think the argument against beards has always been sealing up a protective mask.  Not sure how the Sikhs get away with their beards.

Sikhs sign an agreement that they understand a beard over 1/2" is unlikely to seal.

Funny thing about the testing to determine the 1/2" number? It was conducted with zero gender discrimination, so while they were having men grow beards, mustaches, etc, measuring, testing, and growing or cutting off amounts every two weeks, along with numerous photographs documenting the shape and style of their grooming, they also accepted an equal number of women who stated they did not shave, attempted to measure their facial hair, and used them as test subjects.

No worries ladies. If you have a tiny bit of hair on your upper lip, well within the confines of the mustache grooming standard for men, your mask will seal.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:33:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

ETA:  for those that don’t know it’s Wear and Appearance of Army Uniform and Insignia
View Quote
the people whom this statement applies to have no opinion of value whatsoever on anything the army does.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:56:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Im not worried about the standards.

The language used to describe the standards is what worries me:

In addition, the revised regulation will not contain potentially offensive language used to describe several hairstyles – for example, “Mohawk, eccentric, faddish, Fu Manchu, dreadlock” – which will be replaced with alternative verbiage.

“We are continuously assessing our policies to identify areas for improvement, then implementing policies that demonstrate our commitment to ensuring all Soldiers feel as though they are valued members of the Army team,” said Brito. “We know that actions speak louder than words when it comes to inclusivity and equity within our ranks, and we believe that the changes we announced today are one example of policies that put our people first.”

https://soldiersystems.net/2021/01/26/us-army-updates-grooming-standards/

This SJW shit went from fringe online discussion 5 years ago to now being written into Army regulations...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:07:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Lol, the "we've always done it this way" butthurt is real in this thread.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:15:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I think the argument against beards has always been sealing up a protective mask.
View Quote

Which is absolute bullshit for non-combat, non-deployed SMs. If your MOS won't ever be in danger of CBRN, what a pathetic waste of time and energy hounding guys for not being baby butt clean shaven 24/7.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:17:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
no beards, no care
View Quote

Came to post this.  At the very least, allow (require ) anyone with a sapper tab a beard.  It's tradition!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:20:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Only while in garison.  Training or combat ops is still a no go.
View Quote

I'm just here for the absurdity of "combat uniforms" in garrison.  Oh, and men in garrison still can't have beards or long hair, or even non-pedo mustaches, but women can have their hair however they want, and earrings and makeup.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:20:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I wouldn't really care about hair styles or beards, except we know there are some units/individuals who will always manage to look professional no matter what, and there are others who will always manage to look like complete shit, no matter what.

Nor does the top political or military leadership care, really: they just know how hard it is to get enough bodies to fill the ranks, after accounting for criminal history, physical fitness, or mental illness.

Hairstyles and grooming is just 1 of 100 things that we could be worried about.

But don't, because the same thing will happen as it always does every few decades: the Army will get its ASS kicked somewhere in an extremely embarrassing fashion, and many body bags will be offloaded from cargo planes, and THEN the politicians will wake up and give the generals the license to do the shit that actually wins wars.

For reference: Korea, Vietnam, and GWOT. Rinse and repeat.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:42:26 AM EDT
[#9]
CIB is the only thing that matters.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:15:25 AM EDT
[#10]
From the Internet:

“What we wanted versus what we got”

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:09:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:12:33 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Plot twist: those are his nails.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:14:18 AM EDT
[#13]

I will say, if a few changes to the regs will allow some people to wear a patrol cap, helmet or gas mask properly, or even...so it just fits on their freaking head...I could live with that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:19:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:22:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Im out 20210321 and it cant come fast enough.
View Quote

12/28/21 for me.. wanna trade? I can't wait.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:24:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Im no longer in the Army so I dont give a shit . They can wear rainbow camo tutu’s and fuck me pumps with any and all hair styles lengths and colors for all of the many sexual orientations so as not to hurt any of the little pussys fragile fucking feelings . We live in a country of bitches .
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:27:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The USAF did pretty much the same thing a couple days ago
View Quote
That's not what I wanted to hear.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't care if you have an afro, a mullet, a (formerly known as) mohawk, pink hair, green hair, orange hair, earrings, cockrings, I don't care if you have a beard, I don't care if you have nail polish, I don't care if you have lipstick, I don't care if you wear a woman's uniform.

Just fucking show up to work on time and do your job so we can all go home.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Our odds of success get better every day.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:50:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don't care if you have an afro, a mullet, a (formerly known as) mohawk, pink hair, green hair, orange hair, earrings, cockrings, I don't care if you have a beard, I don't care if you have nail polish, I don't care if you have lipstick, I don't care if you wear a woman's uniform.

Just fucking show up to work on time and do your job so we can all go home.

View Quote

The type of people that had issues conforming with the previous standards, and several iterations before that, were not typically performers.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:05:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Which is absolute bullshit for non-combat, non-deployed SMs. If your MOS won't ever be in danger of CBRN, what a pathetic waste of time and energy hounding guys for not being baby butt clean shaven 24/7.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the argument against beards has always been sealing up a protective mask.

Every MOS is in danger of CBRN attack at any moment when deployed, but the probability of use is low. Stateside, some units certainly have a need to maintain CBRN readiness 24x7 while others could relax except for FTXs.

I think up to 1/2 inch beards while in garrison should be allowed. Shipboard, in flight, and in the field, back to the current standard.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:19:17 AM EDT
[#22]
I am all for the women looking and acting like women; but having spent a lot of time on Fort Sam Houston, I would say the women soldiers need to shed a lot of weight.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:31:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

He’s such a pussy
View Quote

Sergeant Major of the Army
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:31:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Pretty soon cocksucker will be a compliment in the military.
View Quote

GIF failed to work...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:38:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Just for grins, what is the racial and gender demographics of the big Army and was grooming board representative of theses demographics?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:41:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Simple fix don’t re-enlist and tell your kids not to serve. They’ll come begging one day when they get into a real war, tell them “no” then as well. Let the trannies fight their wars from now on.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:42:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He’s such a pussy

And a pussy.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:55:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm sure there will be plenty of female soldiers with beards.
View Quote

Back in 1983 when my cousin first got to fleet or whatever marines call it after boot and ait. They were in formation and a mater gunnery sgt was eyeing up the whole formation and then went off on a new marine for not policing that moostache, if they want to have one, it better be within regulation. After formation my cousins found out it was a woman
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:57:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Simple fix don’t re-enlist and tell your kids not to serve. They’ll come begging one day when they get into a real war, tell them “no” then as well. Let the trannies fight their wars from now on.
View Quote

Exactly. Oh, and we've finally solved the military/veteran suicide problem too, in one feel swoop! Hooray!

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:57:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
"To those former soldiers I will say we have the greatest Army the world has ever seen, in this year, right now," Grinston said. "Our soldiers are smarter, stronger, and faster than we've ever had. And I am extremely proud of everybody in the Army, right now, and our changes are to make us a better Army and more inclusive. And we will continue to have the greatest Army the world has ever seen."

That a pretty big FU to veterans.
View Quote
Making it clear who they don't want.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:02:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Get a shaving profile or convert to Sikhism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
no beards, no care

Get a shaving profile or convert to Sikhism.

Would that conversion to Sikhism include the ability to carry a dagger in uniform?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#32]
More pandering to appeal to the ghetto demographic recruiters are after these days.

That said,

LOL, you haven't seen hate until you see an AF nurse walk into a deployed field hospital wearing simple pearl earrings and every army nurse within 100m immediately locks in on her ear lobes and spews a silent hate from the core of her being that chills the room.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:52:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Every MOS is in danger of CBRN attack at any moment when deployed, but the probability of use is low. Stateside, some units certainly have a need to maintain CBRN readiness 24x7 while others could relax except for FTXs.

I think up to 1/2 inch beards while in garrison should be allowed. Shipboard, in flight, and in the field, back to the current standard.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

You know what relaxed standards during certain subjective situations leads to? Relaxed standards all the time.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:58:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Is it ok to play pocket pool yet?

How about wearing unit insignia on a gold chain around your neck?

Getting a tattoo that says "Death to America" in Pashto on your neck?

Asking for some friends
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:36:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:Would that conversion to Sikhism include the ability to carry a dagger in uniform?
View Quote

It does but outside an civilian airport, I have not seen a SM dinged for carrying a knife.

Monk
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:42:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:Came to post this.  At the very least, allow (require ) anyone with a sapper tab a beard.  It's tradition!
View Quote

Facial hair by MOS/length of service
12B = Combat Engineers, modern equivalent of Sappers = Full Beard and an Axe
Combat MOS = Full Moustaches for 1st enlistment starting after Basic/AIT. Beard for 2nd and beyond
Cav Scouts = Long Moustaches and goatee
Aviators = Robin Olds Moustache

Monk

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:44:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Pony tails and clear nail polish.

Yep, totally worth the leadup and all the hype.

Thanks, SMA!

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Pony tails and clear nail polish.

Yep, totally worth the leadup and all the hype.

Thanks, SMA!

View Quote

don't you realize we got rid of rayciss hairstyle/facial-hair names like FU MANCHU and MOHAWK!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
no beards, no care
View Quote

Self identify as a Sikh.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:21:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm sure there will be plenty of female soldiers with beards.
View Quote

I saw one in the 2nd Brigade, 3rd Armored Division in 1981.  I threw up in the back of my throat when I saw her.  I confronted her Company Commander and he said (correctly) 670-1 did not prohibit Females from having beards, just men.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:02:42 PM EDT
[#41]
I honestly think more men, and white in in particular, should become pagans while serving.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:05:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Still better than the goatroping shitshow that was (is?) the Navy's Seabag and Uniform Fuckery Improvement Program.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top