Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2019 7:30:40 PM EDT
Anyone be interested in getting together for atleast one distillery tour at some point next year? Me and the wife are gonna hit makers, buffalo trace. Angel's envy and a few others over a long weekend. Was thinking itd be fun to meet a few of ya'll along the way....
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 10:23:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m down, but we have to add Woodford and Old Forster to the list. I’m biased working for Brown-Forman though. My favorite non brown Forman facility is Castle and Key by far. Follow them on IG if you’re not familiar the property is awesome and has some great history.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:14:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been to Maker's Mark, Jim Beam, Jack Daniels, Wild Turkey, Heaven Hill, and Four Roses (distillery not warehouse). Maker's was definitely the prettiest one to walk around and not to mention they give you delicious Maker's Mark coffee to enjoy while you wait for your tour. Jim Beam was the most interactive where you literally get to taste the fermenting mash, the white right off the still, and bourbon straight out of the barrel.

I will say the nice thing is if you shoot for going to Bardstown you can knock out the most distilleries in a single visit. Heaven Hill, 1792, Lux Row, Willet, Jim Beam, and Four Roses (warehouse not distillery though) are all within 20 minutes of the city, 1792 and Heaven Hill are right in it. Not to mention Bardstown itself is a beautiful place to visit. Across the street from the Jim Beam distillery is the Bernheim forest which is amazing to visit as well. Also IIRC the Jim Beam distillery is the only place you can pick up Old Bathtube BIB so keep that in mind. Maker's and Jim Beam both let you "make" your own bottle.

Four Roses distillery and Wild Turkey are both in Lawrenceburg and I was definitely a huge fan of the Wild Turkey tour, easily in my top 3. The Four Roses distillery due to the nature of having the warehouse at a separate location does kind of limit the experience, but the place itself has very interesting Spanish architecture.

If you aren't going to be going for a few months Heaven Hill is unveiling their new tour center sometime next year.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 4:34:11 PM EDT
[#4]
May not have been super clear with my initial... I'm more looking at hitting one or maybe two distillers with y'all,  not necessarily all on the trail, my wife would kill me if this became a ar15 group trip to all of what were hitting lol  ... makers Is a mustvgit for me, and woodford is a close 2nd....
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I’d love to go to Buffalo Trace.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 12:27:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 12:49:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I live on the trail, so as long as I'm not traveling would be up for meeting up
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#8]
The trail is on my list but it's a few years off for me
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 5:54:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 9:09:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#11]
We did the whole trail two years ago and had a great time. I'd be up for a meet if I can make it work.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 12:47:26 AM EDT
[#12]
If y’all take a trip to New Orleans, go to the Sazerac House for a free tour.

It’s not as much on bourbon, even though there are several bourbon displays and information, as it is on the history of bitters and the story of alcohol in NOLA.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 10:53:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I’d try and swing it!

I’ve been twice before and had a blast.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top