Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2018 8:17:11 AM EDT
Black Ops 4 comes out in October and I've been itching for some run and gun.

I'm wondering how many people are planning on getting it and what system your getting it for.

I should be picking up a new system this weekend, had a PS4 and Switch, and I wanted to see what most people here are playing on.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 8:36:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes. For the Xbox.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 3:03:26 PM EDT
[#2]
no call of dookie. waiting for darksiders 3.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#4]
New Battlefield here.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 8:55:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No.  I'm over Call of Duty at this point in my gaming "career."  Black Ops 2 was the last one I thought was well done, I really enjoyed that game, Ghosts was a horrible game in all regards and should have never happened, and I didn't care for the futuristic boosting/jumping/dashing we had with AW or Blops 3.  WWII has been done to death so I didn't want to play that game either.

That said, I might be tempted to try again if there was a COD based around a contemporary, modern day setting.  Same thing with Battlefield.
View Quote
I completely agree. The last COD I bought was Ghosts and it was horrible. I just enjoy the fast paced run and gun style of the franchise and from the gameplay I've been watching it doesn't look too bad (at least no flying around like the last couple games). I'm kind of excited to try the battle royale mode as well.

Unfortunately Battlefield is out of the question because it's EA.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes and i do not play video games. In fact, I am standing first in line at my local gamestop for early release of nba 2k19 for my kids as I am typing this
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 9:06:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yes and i do not play video games. In fact, I am standing first in line at my local gamestop for early release of nba 2k19 for my kids as I am typing this
View Quote
You getting it on PS4 or Xbox?
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 3:16:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Been watching streamers (DocDisrespect, Shroud, Vis, etc, etc) play Blackout modes beta....and it looks fantastic!

Will be a day one just for Blackout mode!
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Watched some stream guy playing Blackout on Playstation last night.  Looked pretty fast paced, maybe a hybrid with some of the elements from PUBG and Fortnite.

Looks like you can get in the action quick and the array of weapons and vehicles looked cool with some futuristic elements.  Granted, it's alpha play but hopefully they don't tone down the loots.  I liked PUBG, except how you'd spend 10 minutes maliciously looting and have some guy one shot you with a Kar98 once you headed to the circle.

Says it will be out for the PC so I'll pick it up to try it.
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Playing blackout beta now, lots of fun. Will pick up when it comes out.

Eta:
Ps4
Link Posted: 9/11/2018 8:22:46 PM EDT
[#11]
After watching doc and Timmy play it and have a blast, I’m in.

I haven’t played cod since black ops 1, and have dumped ~1000 hours into battlefields since then, but the sjw shit is too damn high.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 3:13:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Def gettting it for both PS4 my main platform, and then might get it for xbox1 with some of my friends from work.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#13]
no call of dookie here.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Preordered it tonight.   I love Modern Warfare Remastered,  but the player count has dropped too much.   Finding a game of Domination during certain times of day is like pulling teeth.   Considering my screwed up work hours, that's an issue.

I think BO4 has enough good things going for it to warrant a fair chance.   I played the Blackout beta, and was impressed.   Unlike PUBG, it plays well on Xbox One.   You don't have people building 5 story hotels when you try to shoot them like in Fortnite.  As for regular multiplayer,  they've added some new stuff.  It might be good, it might be bad.  But if anyone says it's the same thing every year,  they're demonstrating their ignorance on the matter.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 10:59:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
New Battlefield here.
View Quote
Next modern battlefield
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm getting blops 4 tonight at gamestop release. I had a blast playing blackout beta hope they didn't change that mode at all!!! I will be on PS4 TREEMYDAWG09 if anyone is looking to squad up!!.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 12:16:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm getting blops 4 tonight at gamestop release. I had a blast playing blackout beta hope they didn't change that mode at all!!! I will be on PS4 TREEMYDAWG09 if anyone is looking to squad up!!.  
View Quote
I've got a couple of old friends that I'll be playing with, but I'm also picking it up at GameStop tonight for the PS4. I'll add you.

Dont forget it's early pick up. For me that's 8:00 pm.

PS4 GT KacMod1
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 10:57:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I am downloading game right now. Haven’t played cod since bo4. I wanted to give it a try for the battle royal. I am still enjoying the hell out of Pubg but wanted to give this a try. Got it for Xbox.

GT: GR00VY JERRY

Zeros not Os
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 8:30:35 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm  still playing cod2  tdm on my pc  
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 2:57:21 PM EDT
[#20]
I must admit. This game is actually fun. I have been playing battlefield games since bad company 2 and I am actually glad I picked this up instead of waiting for the new battlefield.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 3:14:13 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm gonna go cheap and wait til the game and season pass are cheaper. I've gotten most other CoDs on release day, but I'm sorta meh about this one. The battle royale doesn't interest me at all right now (neither do Fortnite or PUBG). But it may grow on me if I play it.

I remember there was talk of all DLC maps being free for this game, months ago. I guess that went out the window, though. Kinda shitty, considering you get even fewer DLC maps than previous CoDs (16 vs 12).
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 5:10:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I must admit. This game is actually fun. I have been playing battlefield games since bad company 2 and I am actually glad I picked this up instead of waiting for the new battlefield.
View Quote
I'm enjoying it as well. So far I've just played the multiplayer, but I must admit it's nice to have COD again without people flying through the sky all the time or running on walls. I was a little worried about the grappling hook however, but so far it's not a big issue.

The only real complaint I can come up with is that the grenade isn't unlocked until such a high level. For me it's going to make me choose between using my token on keeping a decent gun or having a grenade after prestiging. It's just crazy to me that you don't start off with a nade or have it as an early unlock...
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 5:44:14 PM EDT
[#23]
I picked up the "KKMC" edition at Ramstein PX on a whim yesterday. Unfortunately, I am staying in the hotel and having cataract surgery on Monday, so it will be Tuesday or Wednesday before I can play it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 4:42:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm enjoying it as well. So far I've just played the multiplayer, but I must admit it's nice to have COD again without people flying through the sky all the time or running on walls. I was a little worried about the grappling hook however, but so far it's not a big issue.

The only real complaint I can come up with is that the grenade isn't unlocked until such a high level. For me it's going to make me choose between using my token on keeping a decent gun or having a grenade after prestiging. It's just crazy to me that you don't start off with a nade or have it as an early unlock...
View Quote
To be fair it's hard to please everyone. I'd imagine if it was unlocked right off the bat there'd be people complaining about nade spamming.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

To be fair it's hard to please everyone. I'd imagine if it was unlocked right off the bat there'd be people complaining about nade spamming.
View Quote
Oh I'm sure. I'm just used to having one early on and it bothers me.

Not ot a huge deal by any means. I almost have it unlocked.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 12:23:17 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm actually really enjoying the new cod. Feels much less twitchy than previous cods. It's still crazy but I think this is going to be a shooter that stays around for awhile.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 4:36:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Psn badfish34668 if you want to play blackout. Send me a friend request.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 7:59:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 12:13:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
can two people play on the same console for the single player?
View Quote
There is no single player campaign for this one. Multiplayer only. But you can splitscreen in it, as usual.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 2:46:51 AM EDT
[#30]
If I can find a PC copy with a physical disc, I might try it, but those are becoming scarce.  Not many listings in online shopping say whether it has a disc or just a download code.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 5:40:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm gonna go cheap and wait til the game and season pass are cheaper. I've gotten most other CoDs on release day, but I'm sorta meh about this one. The battle royale doesn't interest me at all right now (neither do Fortnite or PUBG). But it may grow on me if I play it.

I remember there was talk of all DLC maps being free for this game, months ago. I guess that went out the window, though. Kinda shitty, considering you get even fewer DLC maps than previous CoDs (16 vs 12).
View Quote
Good luck with that, modern warfare 2 is still $60.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 6:53:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure where you're seeing that pricing. All CoDs drop in price fairly soon after release. WW2 was like $39 after a few months.

But I threw my plan out the window and ended up picking up BO:4 yesterday. I was at Walmart for some cleaning supplies and said "Fuck it" and went to the electronics dep and got my copy. It's much better than WW2, but that's not saying much. Haven't played Blackout yet. Just some TDM. I like it so far.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 3:59:05 AM EDT
[#33]
No. For me every tryarch game has been shit with the exception of zombies mode.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:46:01 AM EDT
[#34]
I stopped playing cod at MW2... but I got black ops 4 for free.  I’m having fun with it.  Definitely worth $60.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 1:04:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Pro tip: Fully rank up the Saug 9mm and activate the Operator Mod; Dual Wield. Holy shitballs. They're going to nerf the shit out of it soon, for sure. Abuse it while you can.

Not my gameplay, but a good showcase of how crazy that setup is.

*GOLD* Dual Wield SAUG 9mm - Black ops 4 Gameplay
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 3:15:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Anyone up for playing quads on blackout? Xbox one
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 6:38:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Pro tip: Fully rank up the Saug 9mm and activate the Operator Mod; Dual Wield. Holy shitballs. They're going to nerf the shit out of it soon, for sure. Abuse it while you can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mrur-dMSGc
View Quote
weapon balance patch is this coming week, all you saug/paladin/spitfire people need to enjoy it while it lasts. I think the saug is the one thing that drives me the craziest, I can counter anything but that.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 8:50:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
weapon balance patch is this coming week, all you saug/paladin/spitfire people need to enjoy it while it lasts. I think the saug is the one thing that drives me the craziest, I can counter anything but that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mrur-dMSGc
Luckily they're doing weapon balance patches for console and PC separately. The Dual Saugs are way more of an issue on PC than they are on console, according to Reddit users (same goes for the Paladin). I've used them on PS4 a few times. They're good, but you rarely see people using them (at least in TDM, which is all I usually play). I'm seeing a lot more MOG 12s with the Dragon Breath Operator Mod lately.  That'll probably catch a nerf, too. Add in the choke attachments and it's a OHK from a good distance.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 10:01:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Luckily they're doing weapon balance patches for console and PC separately. The Dual Saugs are way more of an issue on PC than they are on console, according to Reddit users (same goes for the Paladin). I've used them on PS4 a few times. They're good, but you rarely see people using them (at least in TDM, which is all I usually play). I'm seeing a lot more MOG 12s with the Dragon Breath Operator Mod lately.  That'll probably catch a nerf, too. Add in the choke attachments and it's a OHK from a good distance.
View Quote
Ya, they're not exaggerating. I feel cheap when I use the paladin so I generally don't but I can do extremely well with it and I'm usually not playing twitch fps games so I'm average at best yet I can still murder with it. Same with saugs. I've played it on xbox and it's a totally different game for the most part so I'm glad they're doing things separate because it wouldn't work otherwise.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Ya, they're not exaggerating. I feel cheap when I use the paladin so I generally don't but I can do extremely well with it and I'm usually not playing twitch fps games so I'm average at best yet I can still murder with it. Same with saugs. I've played it on xbox and it's a totally different game for the most part so I'm glad they're doing things separate because it wouldn't work otherwise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huge update coming. Looks like they nerfed the Dual Saugs by decreasing hipfire accuracy, on console. PC balance coming later.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Blackops4/comments/9sqzz1/oct_30_update_mp_balancing_pass_blackout_zombies/
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 7:10:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Huge update coming. Looks like they nerfed the Dual Saugs by decreasing hipfire accuracy, on console. PC balance coming later.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Blackops4/comments/9sqzz1/oct_30_update_mp_balancing_pass_blackout_zombies/
View Quote
Ya I saw that, I hope they don't carry over those AR tweaks to the PC version though because it'll make most of the ARs (VAPR) completely irrelevant. If they hit the paladin and saugs with the nerf bat I think they could stop there on PC. People cry about the spitfire and while it's borderline OP you can still counter it. There is no counter for the paladin or saugs though. I dunno, we'll see soon.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Ya I saw that, I hope they don't carry over those AR tweaks to the PC version though because it'll make most of the ARs (VAPR) completely irrelevant. If they hit the paladin and saugs with the nerf bat I think they could stop there on PC. People cry about the spitfire and while it's borderline OP you can still counter it. There is no counter for the paladin or saugs though. I dunno, we'll see soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even on console, the SMG vs AR element seemed fine as is. I'm kinda surprised they're giving SMGs a buff and ARs a nerf. I seem to lose CQC battles against SMGs as much as expected, while running an AR. Curious to see how the changes effect gameplay. Installing the update now, but won't be able to play until tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 10:29:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Loving Blackout. The most fun I've had in a shooter since MW2/Halo 3.

We've got a few of us from ARF that team up daily if anyone else has gotten this and wants to run with us.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 10:48:28 AM EDT
[#44]
It's $39.99 on eBay (seller is Newegg, so it's legit) with free shipping right now. PS4. Didn't look into other platforms. Must add to cart to see price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-4-PlayStation-4/382588721133?epid=245278605&hash=item59141097ed:g:Hq8AAOSwc1Zbv0tA
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 6:11:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Does BOPS 4 have a local split screen multiplayer? If so, how many players?  We haven’t gotten past BOPS 3 since we have two couples (4 of us) that like to play with each other locally.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 9:35:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Does BOPS 4 have a local split screen multiplayer? If so, how many players?  We haven't gotten past BOPS 3 since we have two couples (4 of us) that like to play with each other locally.
View Quote
I'll have to check. I haven't tried split screen yet.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 9:36:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It's $39.99 on eBay (seller is Newegg, so it's legit) with free shipping right now. PS4. Didn't look into other platforms. Must add to cart to see price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-4-PlayStation-4/382588721133?epid=245278605&hash=item59141097ed:g:Hq8AAOSwc1Zbv0tA
View Quote
That's a pretty good price. Might even find it cheaper.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:20:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does BOPS 4 have a local split screen multiplayer? If so, how many players?  We haven't gotten past BOPS 3 since we have two couples (4 of us) that like to play with each other locally.
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Picked up a I5 9600k MSI z390 motherboard combo from newegg and they sent BOPS 4 free, i have to say it looks nice but now i rember why i gave up FPS games.
Then i found out MSI gives you Assassin's Creed Odyssey for free also so now i am happy again.
Not bad 2 newer games free for buying somthing i was getting anyway.

Edit: i forgot they sent some gameing headset free also DS502 that i actualy needed. "i think that was a deal with MSI that newegg sent"
Spent around $560 and got around $150 in free stuff
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:44:37 AM EDT
[#50]
My buddy and I are having a blast in the Battle Royale mode.

Better than PUBG, imo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top