Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 7:55:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Biden backed himself in to a corner.  He’s too arrogant to walk away.

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 7:57:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nobody but Ukraine is going to war.
View Quote

+1

Some proxy weapons-supplying by the West but no troops.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:02:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The US will sit this one out after NYC gets destroyed in a surprise attack that erases it and the US dollar from the world economic stage.  Within the span of an hour it will meet its fate.
View Quote

Tell us more...
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:02:23 AM EDT
[#4]
How quickly will Ukrainian forces cave?
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:04:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Biden is not the commander in chief you want for WW3
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:04:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Biden is not the commander in chief you want for WW3
View Quote

We know
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:11:21 AM EDT
[#7]
No.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:24:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I don’t think so. I hope not, our military is a woke mess.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 8:30:56 AM EDT
[#9]
No. It won’t be a word war. Just a regional conflict.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Biden backed himself in to a corner.  He’s too arrogant to walk away.

View Quote

He is gonna shit his pants.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:22:42 AM EDT
[#11]
People keep saying Biden is too weak to go to war. That's not the problem. It's Biden's weakness that'll start the war. It's his weakness that emboldens Putin to take Ukraine and China to take Taiwan. It'll embolden them to do other things and simultaneously fail to bring our allies together. His weakness is perfect for starting both a world war and a civil war. There's no winning a civil war (sort of) but his weakness would certainly never allow us to win a world war.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:25:58 AM EDT
[#12]
No, but the odds are increasing daily. Chatter out of DC is now the potential 5k deployment could be upped '10 fold'.

China amping up sorties over Taiwan. Joe helping to create a very dangerous for us, that neither he nor his brain trust are capable of managing.

Germany is not on board with this. France (Macron) and UK (BoJo) are as anxious as Joe to distract from their domestic unpopularity.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:26:12 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

This is a much more likely 'Cuban Missile Crisis'- type scenario.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:28:20 AM EDT
[#14]
I thought we were in "Jim Crow two-point-oh"
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#15]
History shows that any time the US assumes a "hands off" role in the world, troyble brews up in Europe.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:30:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Pie!
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:35:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nope.
Dems dont have the balls. Although they will probably find a way to get Americans killed through stupidity as usual.
View Quote

https://m.imgur.com/YfCZpAo

Just look at how well British Prime Minister Chamberlain worked things out with Hitler in the 30’s.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:44:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
People keep saying Biden is too weak to go to war. That's not the problem. It's Biden's weakness that'll start the war. It's his weakness that emboldens Putin to take Ukraine and China to take Taiwan. It'll embolden them to do other things and simultaneously fail to bring our allies together. His weakness is perfect for starting both a world war and a civil war. There's no winning a civil war (sort of) but his weakness would certainly never allow us to win a world war.
View Quote
That's pretty much my read on it too. Biden's ineptitude and fecklessness are just begging those regimes to 'push the envelope'....after he has demonstrated his unwillingness to stand firm on what has (up until now) been our diplomatic standpoints.

Me? I'm just a hiden' and a watchin'.

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:54:24 AM EDT
[#19]
nope.

large scale warfare is bad for the global economy, and pretty much every major power is led by greedy weasels whose primary motivation is increasing personal wealth and power
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:58:03 AM EDT
[#20]
There’s just too much money for the Democrats to make off of delivering big defense spending to their choice of companies, which they happen to have investments in, and the opportunity to strip more freedoms from the citizenry with restrictions to materials for the war effort to let this slip away from them.

Think WWII where companies where told to shut down production of their products to retool for sending food and products to the troops, along with setting up camps for ethnicities they felt were a ‘threat’.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:09:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:36:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:57:22 AM EDT
[#23]
If only we had an example to compare to.....

One country that want's more land & resources in Europe.  A different one that feels entitled to more in Asia.....     Rest of the world with weak leadership trying to pacify & hesitant to resort to hard choices.  You let them take a little & nothing happens......  yep definitely won't grab any more.   We'll be late to the party as usual, but it's going to kick off anyway

Yep, a real head scratcher.  

History doesn't change much because people don't change much.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:21:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Or perhaps it will all be a giant nothingburger and everyone will back down like what happened in Syria when they had that little "chemical warfare incident."
View Quote

@Hesperus

I believe it was Bob Woodward that claimed the reason we backed down then was because Russia told us if our ships launched strikes that nuclear weapons would be used against them. I have no way of knowing if that's accurate or if he just made it up to sell his book.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:35:47 AM EDT
[#25]
I had my Browning 1910 out of the safe earlier and joked to the girlfriend that if I could find an Austrian prince I could start WW3.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:38:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Nobody but Ukraine is going to war.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:42:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Its inevitable that ww3 will happen, but who knows when, my guess is in the next 25 years, but not for at least 5 years.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:51:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Nobody in the West is willing to go nuclear to save Ukraine.  

As a result, Putin will take it if he feels like it.  Biden already told him that we're not willing to fight.

View Quote
Do you think the French and British wanted to lose a million dead soldiers each to save Serbia?

Nukes are a deterrent, but people thought the carnage of WWI was also a deterrent to end all wars at the time.

So Russia takes Ukraine with no NATO resistance. Then China takes Taiwan. And because history repeats itself, a new Zimmerman telegrapm comes up with Russian/Chinese commies wanting to stir up trouble in Mexico to cause aggressive acts towards the US to keep us out of the war. Luckily for them communication lines are way more private than they were in 1917. So we finally go deal with the border issue we've been needing to while China and Russia do whatever the fuck the want without of threat of American nukes.

And there are probably some South American countries that don't like they can't send their deplorables here, and cause conflicts throughout.

There can be a WWIII as long Russia, China, US don't have a direct front with each other.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:34:28 AM EDT
[#29]
This shit is just posturing.   Potatoes doesnt care about Ukraine, he just wants to distract form his failures.  Putin will take what he wants and noone will do anything about it.  Putin just has to figure out how much the EU will allow him to take without a response.  Rinse and repeat every 5 years.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:47:02 AM EDT
[#30]
No, Russia will take Ukraine and Joe will send a nasty letter and the world will go on.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top