Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2018 8:52:24 PM EDT
I live on the gulf coast and finding bourbon locally is horrible. I drink Makers and other wheated bourbons. I did get a bottle of Weller before I moved down here. It's all over priced and I am unsure if I have enough to last until July when we do our annual bourbon trail run.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 9:11:16 PM EDT
[#1]
No issues finding any type of bourbon here other than like Pappy and the few you can only get in Kentucky.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 9:15:46 PM EDT
[#2]
There isn't much in my area.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 10:22:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I have no problem with cost + shipping on anything I can find that can't be locally sourced. I'm not interested in asking secondary market prices just to help out fellow bourbon lovers stock their shelves.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 10:34:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Let me know what you guys are looking for and I will keep an eye out for you.  I'm interested in just trading bourbons that are hard to get.  I'm not interested in charging or paying secondary prices.  I have been looking for High West Midwinter Nights Dram, Weller 12, and Weller 107.   These are three I have been wanting to try, but I haven't been able to find. I can generally get Weller Special Reserve around here for $19-$23.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 12:05:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Here in PA it's horrible.

Would like to try Weller 12 and 107.  Waiting on the Pappy lottery.  The BTAC ended a couple weeks ago.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#6]
What is the bourbon swap?
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 2:52:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Let me know what you guys are looking for and I will keep an eye out for you.  I'm interested in just trading bourbons that are hard to get.  I'm not interested in charging or paying secondary prices.  I have been looking for High West Midwinter Nights Dram, Weller 12, and Weller 107.   These are three I have been wanting to try, but I haven't been able to find. I can generally get Weller Special Reserve around here for $19-$23.  
View Quote
Might be able to help you out on the MWND. maybe the 107. The midwinter usually runs about $100. If your interested let me know and I will see what I can find. Weller 107 is not around atm, but I can keep my eye out if you want for when it starts coming in.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 5:23:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Might be able to help you out on the MWND. maybe the 107. The midwinter usually runs about $100. If your interested let me know and I will see what I can find. Weller 107 is not around atm, but I can keep my eye out if you want for when it starts coming in.
View Quote
Got a line on the MWND.  Will let you know if it falls through.  Anything you are looking for?
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Nothing right now, just trying to get as much btac atm. I'll just c&s it for you if u like. Let me know if it falls through for ya, and I'll let u know if I can get a owa 107 for u
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 7:07:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Here in PA it's horrible.

Would like to try Weller 12 and 107.  Waiting on the Pappy lottery.  The BTAC ended a couple weeks ago.
View Quote
Local store did a single barrel select of OWA and BT. They haven't shelved them yet but it should be soon. I'll keep my eyes open.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 9:57:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I am looking for wheated bourbons. Down here bourbon is extremely expensive. The local stores have to buy it from the state and then mark it up even more to make money. I have Makers 46 and regular makers and a bottle of Weller. I will go to the store locally and see that they have.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 10:04:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am looking for wheated bourbons. Down here bourbon is extremely expensive. The local stores have to buy it from the state and then mark it up even more to make money. I have Makers 46 and regular makers and a bottle of Weller. I will go to the store locally and see that they have.
View Quote
I've got a bottle of Maker's Private Select sitting here. I've been looking for leads on Buffalo Trace Antique Collection releases. I would be happy to include it in a trade + cash should one turn up.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 9:20:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
I can get Larceny for $23 if your interested.  It's a good wheater.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 9:20:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I've got a bottle of Maker's Private Select sitting here. I've been looking for leads on Buffalo Trace Antique Collection releases. I would be happy to include it in a trade + cash should one turn up.
View Quote
I will keep an eye out for you.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Local store did a single barrel select of OWA and BT. They haven't shelved them yet but it should be soon. I'll keep my eyes open.
View Quote
I may be interested in a bottle of these depending on price.  I've never had a single barrel of BT.  I can get regular BT for $24 and it is a good daily drinker.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 2:10:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I may be interested in a bottle of these depending on price.  I've never had a single barrel of BT.  I can get regular BT for $24 and it is a good daily drinker.
View Quote
I'd make it a daily drinker if we actually had availability, lol.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 8:03:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Do you ever travel near Memphis? Last time I was there (early summer I think) I stopped at several liquor stores and they all had Weller Special Reserve.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Do you ever travel near Memphis? Last time I was there (early summer I think) I stopped at several liquor stores and they all had Weller Special Reserve.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/35314/F60C6A63-2A69-4EF2-8F66-9AE2051FFFAD_jpeg-724734.JPG
View Quote
Nope we always travel through Nashville. I would love to try the next level of Makers,   But man that looks awesome.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a single barrel pick here of BT that is damn good. It's one of my top pours. I pick up a handle every time I'm in Missouri. The bottle is not worth the extra $15 it would cost to ship though. The OWA should be around $30 with tax + shipping for a 750. It is well worth that. Best of the Weller pours including the 12 (excluding the WLW from the BTAC).
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 8:53:05 PM EDT
[#21]
We need to find glass dram bottles that won't add an off flavor to bourbon...
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 11:22:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
I bought two dozen from Amazon and have been doing sample swaps with a coworker for several weeks now.

Link Posted: 11/5/2018 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I bought two dozen from Amazon and have been doing sample swaps with a coworker for several weeks now.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/246093/20181025_131010-717286.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/246093/20181025_131010-717286.jpg
Those bottles and theses sealers work really good if you have to ship them to someone.

Sealer
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 11:04:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks to Leemozoid and unsub073:

Amazon Product
  • (Pack of 12) 2 oz. Clear Boston Round Glass Bottles with Black Poly Cone Caps (20/400)

Amazon Product
  • Shrink bands provide a professional look to your products while simultaneously offering a tamper evident safety seal. Not only is a tamper evident seal required in most cases, but it also gives your customers confidence that your product is safe for use.
  • Layflat dimensions: 45 mm x 23 mm (1.77 in x .9 in)
  • Works best for lids with a diameter between 3/4" - 1"

Does this subforum have a mod?  Can we do exchanges using the following:

- Buy the listed bottles and sealers.
- List what is our favorite "daily sipper".
- We list what we have to send out.
- We list what we want to trade for.
- We work it out with whoever we are trading with the specifics (number of bottles, what we are trading for, mailing address, etc)
- Post pics and a review of what we think of the received bourbon.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 11:17:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Costco by me has midwinter for $78 a bottle
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:00:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Costco by me has midwinter for $78 a bottle
View Quote
Good price!
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:29:17 PM EDT
[#27]
It is hard to find cheaper liquor than a Total Wine store.  You need to find someone making a road trip to help you out with your stocking, or plan your next road trip with this in mind.

Total Wine
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 4:12:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Here in CT I can find plenty of Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, Prichards, Hudson Bay and Widow Jane.
I'm looking for any Weller. LMK if anyone needs what I can get or is willing to ship Weller at retail plus shipping
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 4:35:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Is it legal to ship alcohol like that?  Someone gave me a bottle of JW Platinum as a gift and I don't even drink Scotch.  
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is it legal to ship alcohol like that?  Someone gave me a bottle of JW Platinum as a gift and I don't even drink Scotch.  
View Quote
Yup. I have gotten beer, wine and bourbon all shipped to me from companies and individuals alike.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 4:43:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yup. I have gotten beer, wine and bourbon all shipped to me from companies and individuals alike.
View Quote
Ok, most forums prohibit those type of items but I guess this one doesn't.  I'd love to trade my JW Platinum.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 4:52:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Options are good here in Missouri.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 7:47:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Options are good here in Missouri.
View Quote
No in SWMO. You still around St. Louis?
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 7:49:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Here in CT I can find plenty of Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, Prichards, Hudson Bay and Widow Jane.
I'm looking for any Weller. LMK if anyone needs what I can get or is willing to ship Weller at retail plus shipping
View Quote
I can get Special Reserve. 750s are around $18 plus tax
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:17:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Interested in shipping a couple bottles?
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 10:24:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shouldn't be a problem. Shipping these tonight.

Link Posted: 11/8/2018 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Shouldn't be a problem. Shipping these tonight.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/246093/20181106_205005-731770.jpg
View Quote
PM sent
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:27:06 PM EDT
[#38]
I would like some Weller....
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 12:25:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

PM sent
View Quote
PM replied with shipping info.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 9:00:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
That’s like the top end of the Johnny walker blended. Just below the Blue label.

Interesting.

One day I’ll pick up a Blue label. Never had a blended.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That's like the top end of the Johnny walker blended. Just below the Blue label.

Interesting.

One day I'll pick up a Blue label. Never had a blended.
View Quote
I'd trade the JW Platinum as I'll never drink it
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:13:00 PM EDT
[#42]
I would like to try some Heritage brown sugar bourbon, if anybody feels like helping.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:34:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'd trade the JW Platinum as I'll never drink it
View Quote
Well what are you looking for and where are you located?
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#44]
I am interested in No. 14 bourbon, it has maple syrup in it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 4:46:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I am interested in No. 14 bourbon, it has maple syrup in it.
View Quote
@ Tango_6

Being on the gulf Coast in Bama you should consider a road trip to Pensacola.
Competitive pricing with usually good selection in the FL stores.
Here in Okaloosa county I just picked up the big jug(1.75L) of 101 for 50 bucks.

ETA: 50 bucks was a bottle of Russells Reserve single barrel, the big jug of 101 was 34
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Everything available here. Including raffles for chance to buy pappy.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 10:40:56 PM EDT
[#47]
@colt_Thompson do you have anything to report?
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 10:07:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nothing yet

Update
The man in brown just delivered two bottles of Weller thanks to @leemozoid
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Nothing yet

Update
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nothing yet

Update
Awesome. Having had one package of juice destroyed by UPS I always sweat it until it lands. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 3:47:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Awesome. Having had one package of juice destroyed by UPS I always sweat it until it lands. Enjoy!
View Quote
I will be in contact this week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top