Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 6/29/2021 1:10:10 PM EDT
I have observed two groups of married women where one member of the group has divorced and within two years the majority of the group had divorced and the one or two married members where no longer included in 'girls trips' or other events.  It seemed the newly single women were upset at those remaining married.  So far I have not seen those that divorced remarry after a number of years, few have had long term relationships.

It is strange to watch and it was like a cold being passed around.  I was curious how common this situation is and if it is cyclical where they all eventually re marry given enough time.

Watching it makes me grateful for my wife and a stable life.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes

Social contagion affects both men and women, the latter much more so
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:12:53 PM EDT
[#2]
You have seen women go to the bathroom, right? They are communal. There is a reason there are no historical female explorers or female built civilizations.

Followers by nature. Real women anyway. Maybe some trans women are different.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:14:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Misery loves company. I've seen women who can't get a decent man try to sabotage their "friend's" relationship multiple times.

Edit...I should rephrase that...not the guy's fault.

"I've seen women who can't hold a relationship..."
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:18:21 PM EDT
[#4]
When you see a cluster, you may or may not be seeing an anomoly.  

From my observation, wives dump husbands after the kids leave home because he no longer adds value to their lives.  Many good guys get dumped and dumped upon.

Also, divorced women will tell married women that their lives are oh  so much better now and that men are sorry bastards.  This will begin to chip away at all but the strongest marriages.  If you wife starts hanging out with divorced women, you need to have a talk with her.  She needs to come clean on her feelings toward you and you can go forward from there.

Divorced women are enemies of good marriages and the death of those that are sturggling.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:18:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Seen it with a floor of orthopaedic nurses. Within two years there were 26 divorces out of 31 RNs.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:19:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Women hate to see other women happy. If they're in a bad marriage they'll try to convince their friends that they are all in bad marriages and that a sex and the city lifestyle awaits all of them after divorce.

Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Seen it with a floor of orthopaedic nurses. Within two years there were 26 divorces out of 31 RNs.
View Quote

Age?

How many were screwing the same physician?
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:20:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Misery loves company. I've seen women who can't get a decent man try to sabotage their "friend's" relationship multiple times.
View Quote

This. If your woman is happy her single friends will work like ants to tear her down to their level.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This. If your woman is happy her single friends will work like ants to tear her down to their level.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This has not been my experience.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:22:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

A good wife only associates with other respectable married women
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:27:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Misery loves company. I've seen women who can't get a decent man try to sabotage their "friend's" relationship multiple times."
View Quote

I have had this happen personally, and seen it happen in certain circles.  Me and some friends all got dumped within 6 month because the girls thought the grass was greener on the other side.  My buddy thought if he proposed to his ex-gf, she would change her mind.  It took a couple weeks to convince him that was a bad idea.  

Also, don't let a single lady/divorcee be friends with married women.  Their 'freedom' will ruin everyone elses marriage.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If she works she’s likely associating with all kinds of women and men both.

Hell I work with an obese woman who I actively avoid. I still know about her Tinder exploits with a certain type of men 3 nights a week. I’m sure all the office women get all the details
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:29:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

keep in mind, though, you are dating a completely different type of woman, one in a career field not comprised of weak-willed smoothbrained follower-types. So I am not at all surprised that your experience is different.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Tell me about your friend and I will tell you who you are.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:32:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Age?

View Quote

24-47.

Only the older women stayed married.

Probably a few.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Eddie Murphy explained this back in the 80's.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:36:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Eddie Murphy explained this back in the 80's.
View Quote

Half!
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:40:15 PM EDT
[#20]
All social decisions that receive affirmation in friend groups create clusters among women.  You see it in the decision to transition in teenage girls, too.  One of them does it, everyone they know calls them strong and brave and independent, so their friends copy them.  Given both the social and financial rewards given to women when they divorce, I can't see why there WOULDN'T be clusters.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
All social decisions that receive affirmation in friend groups create clusters among women.  You see it in the decision to transition in teenage girls, too.  One of them does it, everyone they know calls them strong and brave and independent, so their friends copy them.  Given both the social and financial rewards given to women when they divorce, I can't see why there WOULDN'T be clusters.
View Quote

Divorced women are shunned in normal society
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:42:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

keep in mind, though, you are dating a completely different type of woman, one in a career field not comprised of weak-willed smoothbrained follower-types. So I am not at all surprised that your experience is different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are just all really sweet. I've always made a point to be close with her friends and get to know them. I have all their numbers, we plan parties and stuff together.

Three of them (all single) came over weekend before last and I broke out some wagyu rib caps and grilled for them.

All of her close friends are assets in her life as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#23]
lol I can’t wait to show this thread to my wife.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is great advice.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:46:08 PM EDT
[#25]
I guess I'm lucky.

Our best friends are getting divorced.  The woman filed.  My wife responded with "what a stupid bitch".
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:47:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I guess I'm lucky.

Our best friends are getting divorced.  The woman filed.  My wife responded with "what a stupid bitch".
View Quote

Sorry about your small paycheck

Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:47:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

They are just all really sweet. I've always made a point to be close with her friends and get to know them. I have all their numbers, we plan parties and stuff together.

Three of them (all single) came over weekend before last and I broke out some wagyu rib caps and grilled for them.

View Quote

Pics from Waygu rib cap 4 way parties?
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:48:35 PM EDT
[#28]
27 year PI checking in...yes, divorces are very contagious among older wimmenz

They share each other's gripes and then suddenly are looking for flaws they never even noticed in their mates and often start trying to fix what isn't even there

This seems to be especially prevalent in "empty-nest syndrome" menopausal and post menopausal ages. It's often exacerbated by sheer boredom. Some can look and almost act like a Bunko club or book group...only tear each other down instead. Misery loves company, and most women don't want things fixed when they complain, they just want someone to listen to them complain

just my humble observations from the street
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:50:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a man give himself and another guy a handjob at the same time before, and I was in the Navy!
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Oh yeah. I’ve seen this more then once. My own mom worked to get her sister to divorce. Twice if you count telling her she should leave her second husband when he had a stroke.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:52:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

wtf is this?  A woman who is married is only allowed to be friends with other women who are married?!
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:52:53 PM EDT
[#32]
My friend's marriage is on the rocks right now. He said everything was fine until his wife's sister got divorced and she was using his wife as a soundboard for why her husband was shitty. Which made her thing about how he is shitty. So now they are in councling.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Oh yeah. I’ve seen this more then once. My own mom worked to get her sister to divorce. Twice if you count telling her she should leave her second husband when he had a stroke.
View Quote

Damn
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

??

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a man give himself and another guy a handjob at the same time before, and I was in the Navy!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:55:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I have had this happen personally, and seen it happen in certain circles.  Me and some friends all got dumped within 6 month because the girls thought the grass was greener on the other side.  My buddy thought if he proposed to his ex-gf, she would change her mind.  It took a couple weeks to convince him that was a bad idea.  

Also, don't let a single lady/divorcee be friends with married women.  Their 'freedom' will ruin everyone elses marriage.
View Quote

I doubt you appreciate your own irony, but lol.

GD is a riot.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:58:13 PM EDT
[#38]
In the course of a forensic investigation of the (shared) home computer in my house during my divorce, numerous emails between my (now ex) wife and her “BFF” discussing the attributes of being divorced.  Hell, I knew who her lawyer was going to be before she even retained him.  

Also, said “BFF” is currently on marriage #4 if memory serves.  Ex wife is neither married or dating anyone to my knowledge.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Yep. They all sit and bitch about their marriages and how much better it would be alone so they pursue their dream men who really care about them.

When I divorced, our group of friends slowly started to fall apart and three out of the four couples eventually divorced. I think our divorce was the catalyst for the rest of them to get the courage up to do it also. The entire group was about the same age and varied in amount of time married , but right around that 10 years in thing.

What's also weird is I have zero contact with any of them after all that shit went down and I moved out of the area. The one guy I hunted and fished with and he just stopped talking or answering my texts and eventually ended up marry some Filipino chick with a very thick mustache. The other guy became a hermit alcoholic and no idea on the other one.

Link Posted: 6/29/2021 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Thus proves the commonality between trailer parks and HOA's.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 2:03:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Divorced women are shunned in normal society
View Quote

You’re correct, but unfortunately we are no longer anywhere near a normal society.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Absolutely.

You have to carefully control the environment your spouse is within to the best of your ability. Limit stress, limit exposure to immoral people and activities, and promote virtue and morality while also "leading by example".

The ideal is not to have your wife work, but if she must work to counter the negative influences she is exposed to through active measures (promote Christian faith and increase exposure to moral women through various social activities).  

Reinforce Christian morality and do your best to encourage your wife to be social with women of deep faith.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 2:05:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Yes, my wife started one 22 years ago. I was a hated man among my couple friends as it spread.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Absolutely.

You have to carefully control the environment your spouse is within to the best of your ability. Limit stress, limit exposure to immoral people and activities, and promote virtue and morality while also "leading by example".

The ideal is not to have your wife work, but if she must work to counter the negative influences she is exposed to through active measures (promote Christian faith and increase exposure to moral women through various social activities).  

Reinforce Christian morality and do your best to encourage your wife to be social with women of deep faith.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2021 2:07:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

24-47.

Only the older women stayed married.

Probably a few.
View Quote

Interesting.  Both groups are in the middle of that range.

Does the cycle reverse and the group re marry in a cluster?

Both groups the started paying more attention to appearance.  Dressed nicer, make up, some started working out.

Is there a component of trading comfort for excitement?
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 2:08:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Absolutely.

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2021 2:10:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Absolutely.

If you have to control who your partner is allowed to talk to, to keep her from leaving you... I think you have a different inherent issue all together.
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 2:11:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Age?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Age?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 2:12:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Absolutely.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/29/2021 2:12:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Definitely was a contributing factor in my first marriage. Ex wife was super jealous of her slutty single friend's and felt like she was missing out.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top