BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:27:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I already emailed all the NRA BOD members and told them to shove my life membership up their asses.

ETA: The damage is already done. They gave a green light to ll the rinos and likely the president.

They can't undo that.
View Quote
IMO, that's the wrong way to go.

We need all the voting members we can get, on the right side of this.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 11:45:42 PM EDT
[#2]
What happened to Modern Musket ?
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 12:21:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
Maybe took a vacation?
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 12:34:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
 While not perfect, no other organization has a heavier influence on the RKBA than the NRA.
View Quote
I used to believe that. Not anymore.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 7:15:58 AM EDT
[#5]
40 year life member here.
You will never get another dime from me.
Fing traitors!
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 7:38:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Endowment member here.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 11:15:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
He took a full time job with the NRA, and resigned his board seat.

I'm sure how that precludes him from moderating this forum, but it does for some reason.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 9:39:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Please read my post about contacting the NRA.

There are better ways to handle this than getting enraged and quitting.
There is a very good possibility that the Board was unaware of this statement, and many employees were unaware of this until well after the statement was released.

The best way to handle this is to work together and get Chris Cox and Wayne LaPierre ousted, and get real leaders in there.
View Quote
It would be nice to understand how the NRA works.  If the BoD doesn't get consulted before leadership does a 180 and turns heel on us all, that's a problem.  What the hell is the point of having a BoD if they don't have any power to prevent a disaster like this?
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It would be nice to understand how the NRA works.  If the BoD doesn't get consulted before leadership does a 180 and turns heel on us all, that's a problem.  What the hell is the point of having a BoD if they don't have any power to prevent a disaster like this?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Please read my post about contacting the NRA.

There are better ways to handle this than getting enraged and quitting.
There is a very good possibility that the Board was unaware of this statement, and many employees were unaware of this until well after the statement was released.

The best way to handle this is to work together and get Chris Cox and Wayne LaPierre ousted, and get real leaders in there.
I don't get that, either.

Especially since, apparently, the BoD has the power to remove the traitors.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 12:26:48 PM EDT
[#10]
The biggest "messaging issue" with the NRA right now is with its own members. ^Thats a perfect example^. Along with the "not one inch"

shortly before the big blow up mid week I got the NRA-ILA letter that told me how hard they were fighting, and of course asking for a donation... It was rather difficult to reconcile the "fight em from every house!" I was reading in the letter and the purely terrible steps they took mid week.

people here are reporting that the lefties in their life are saying the NRA is "with them"

So yeah bad things are afoot.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 4:38:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not re-upping in December 
View Quote
+1
Glad I never became a lifetime member.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1
I understand the frustration, really.

But we need all the voting members we can get, if we're ever gonna get the Fudds out.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 9:42:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

But we need all the voting members we can get, if we're ever gonna get the Fudds out.
View Quote
Absolutely correct.  I was as aggravated as anyone the other night, but I reached the same conclusion.  I'm on the EPL plan and made a couple extra payments this morning for the sole purpose of getting my voting rights sooner rather than later.  I hope that others will follow suit.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 9:47:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

The fudds outnumber us 10:1.  We are never going to get rid of the rot from within.  I’m not calling to cancel my lifetime membership, that money is gone.  I am looking into a GOA lifetime membership though.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 12:24:08 AM EDT
[#15]
To paraphrase a NRA slogan, which obviously means nothing to them "Not one more dime" until Hughes is gone.  Unlike them I mean it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Benefactor here. Not donating a dime to NRA-ILA or PVF until LaPierre is gone, and they have rolled back all their rhetoric over this Las Vegas massacre. An evil twisted man did this, not a piece of plastic.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Stand and fight? What a joke

I will not be donating any more $ until you manage to unscrew this up

Don't contact me asking for donations.

Wayne and cox need to go
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 9:51:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nowhere to be found when the NRA screwed us on petitions for BoD elections either IIRC
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Any and all gun/part/accessory bans (cali, NY, IL, generally New England, 1994 AWB etc) - Infringement.
View Quote
Agree with everything else, however ME, NH and VT are complete spectrum opposites of MA.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:00:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
+1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1
Same, I came close too.  I wont renew after my current membership expires.  I dont normally pay people to fuck my ass.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Endowment member here.  

In to see their response, if any.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:09:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Do you think we could get 450 here alone? So many that are upset have already canceled.   I wonder if an online petition would be enough.
View Quote
I think we would be damn close.

I can get us 2 in Georgia.

Can someone spearhead this?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 12:29:09 AM EDT
[#24]
I’m gonna go down a real dangerous path, and by that, I mean LIVE BY THE GUN, DIE BY THE GUN; if you’re grasping anything at all. I, too, am an NRA member, and I AINT REAL FRIGGIN HAPPY!! We are only a few trigger pulls away from what we really DONT want, but if the means justifiy the end, well....
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#25]
endowment life.. I dont even own a semi auto, and i am very upset! stand and fight? I vote and will help remove everyone of these a..holes
when the nra said not one inch...must have been talking about the length of their boy tool
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Nowhere to be found when the NRA screwed us on petitions for BoD elections either IIRC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He resigned from the BOD to accept employment with the NRA, I highly doubt he's going to publicly criticize his employers/management.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 10:41:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#28]
I've been saying for a long time that the NRA is not here to fight for our gun rights anymore.  They're here to fight.  The fight you never wins gives you job security.  They're part of the swamp and they've taken care to make sure they stay there.  Fuck them.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 8:36:43 PM EDT
[#29]
The NRA also got us the machine gun ban. They rolled on us before and they will again. If they had not rolled on the 1984 machine gun ban then we would not be seeing the BS assault weapons ban crap we have been putting up with since 1994. It gave the left a tool to use against us.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 3:39:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The fudds outnumber us 10:1.  We are never going to get rid of the rot from within.  I’m not calling to cancel my lifetime membership, that money is gone.  I am looking into a GOA lifetime membership though.
View Quote
The GOA is laughable. Like, literally. Actually, only worth a half-hearted laugh. A half-chuckle at most, to be honest. No liberal politicians have any idea who the GOA are, nor would they care.

Sure, it's irritating that the initial NRA response was to cave on bumpstock bullshit, but the members do have a say in that. Contact them. Make your voice heard.
Link Posted: 2/26/2018 7:38:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The GOA is laughable. Like, literally. Actually, only worth a half-hearted laugh. A half-chuckle at most, to be honest. No liberal politicians have any idea who the GOA are, nor would they care.

Sure, it's irritating that the initial NRA response was to cave on bumpstock bullshit, but the members do have a say in that. Contact them. Make your voice heard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well they’re laughable with one more member as of yesterday.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 11:49:53 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm highly displeased with Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox and call for their resignation.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top