Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2019 10:41:13 AM EDT
Whats the best inexpensive or free app for tracking diet?
I am not putting on weight and looked into it and have found I am not getting near enough protein.
I'm not concerned about steps and exercise details.
It would be nice to have an app that has food choices built in. The simpler the better.
Thanks. There's a lot of good info in this forum.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Myfitnesspal? Wife used weightwatchers years ago, it's a different goal but you could scan products or input nutrition info. When I was training in college I just used a 2 tally books, one for food the other for my workouts. I always found it easier to pencil in than worry about my phone. If you are trying to put on some weight, are you using any supplements? I always found it hard to "eat" enough protein despite my fast metabolism
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 1:44:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Another vote for myfitnesspal.com. Tracks protein, carbs, salt, fats, etc. easy to use and has tons of preloaded brand name foods as well as generic values for  say a "ham and cheese sandwich". Get yourself a CHEAP generic tablet and make it you nutrition and workout diary. Best of luck,
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 10:53:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll make it three votes for Myfitnesspal.  Free to download and very easy to use.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 6:48:12 PM EDT
[#4]
MyFitnessPal. The app itself is pretty good and you can also use it via their site which comes in handy at least for me since depending on my work location I don't always have cell signal but always have access to computer.

Free version works plenty fine for most people but the paid version (50/yr I think?) adds a lot of features for more advanced users. I've tried most of them but always come back to MFP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top