Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2018 4:17:59 PM EDT
Need information regarding living conditions, necessities, etc...

PM me please
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 5:19:50 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife did peace corps there around 02-04 and for a month in 09. Visited a few different areas.  Probably dated info but shoot me a PM if you have specifics.

Just saw this was Hall of heroes.  She was USAF at one point too.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 4:47:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Varies wildly based on country, location, branch and mission.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:44:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Varies wildly based on country, location, branch and mission.
View Quote
Varies w/in country too.  Senegal has "modern" cities and mud huts.

Sunscreen, anti malaria meds, solar battery charger, basic knowledge of the French language (counting, left, right etc)
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Exactly what they said.

People love saying they're going to Africa, like it's a city or something.  It's a BIG continent.  No one ever says "I'm going to North America!"

More details.  Bone up on Francais.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 2:39:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Exactly what they said.

People love saying they're going to Africa, like it's a city or something.  It's a BIG continent.  No one ever says "I'm going to North America!"

More details.  Bone up on Francais.
View Quote
Well since opsec can be an issue I’d rather not say much more than west Africa (many countries in west Africa) which is why I said to PM me
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 12:41:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Mauritania here, austere living conditions with very little support from the Western side of the house.

Strong French presence and a great US Embassy crew in Nouakchott (at least in 2010).
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 7:27:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Will be there in a government advisory role
Was told to bring mosquito net and sleeping bag
Not much else
Link Posted: 2/26/2019 9:40:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I spent some time in Liberia but that was back in the 90’s so I doubt that will help you much.   Place was in rough shape back then.

Good luck and be safe.

2Hut8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top