Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2022 4:57:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ElrodCod]
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I did.  It’s not efficient/aggressive enough for me.  If you are a daily shaver and your hair isn’t super coarse and thick, it is a great alternative to cartridge razors.  If they sold an aggressive head in aluminum, I would probably give it another try.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 6:56:33 PM EDT
[#2]
They a mild and a medium. Which did you have?
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:20:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hooooon] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ElrodCod:
They a mild and a medium. Which did you have?
View Quote
Originally I bought a mild.  Exchanged it for a medium to see if that worked any better, but it did not.  I would SWAG the medium as maybe 20% more aggressive than the mild.  Would have needed to be a lot more efficient than that to work for me.

It is worth noting that I primarily shave my head, neck, and line up my beard.  It didn’t really do much for me for any of those purposes, even when I tried shaving every day (I prefer shaving every other day).  Point being I can’t speak to how it handles cheeks, mustache, and chin.  I did not happen to be clean shaven when I was trying the Henson out, and it’s performance didn’t impress me so I didn’t bother to drag it out of the box I threw it in last time I shaved my face.

If you’re a pretty hairy person I would probably give it a pass, or at least make sure you can get a refund if you’re not happy with it.  If you’re fairly baby faced it will probably work fine.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 6:05:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a mild, medium, and aggressive arriving in the next day or two. I'll post an update as I use them.
Link Posted: 11/25/2022 7:57:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Medium works for me. Love it
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 3:22:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine just arrived yesterday and I tried it out for the first time this morning.

This thing is freakin' GREAT!

It's a total upgrade over my Merkur and very comparable to my old double edged Gillette Atra (IMHO the best razor ever made, but which Gillette decided to stop making cartridges for).

I was never very happy with the Merkur.  It's all steel (chromed) and handles like a damn "truck" going over my face.

Now, it's probably important for me to say this.  I'm an old guy, but formerly a redhead.  Redheads have the fewest hair folicles of any hair type and my beard is not heavy.  My skin is also snsitive and I have always needed to use a medicated soap when washing my face or for shaving.
BUT, if you fall into this catagory, definitely get one of these Henson AL13s.
Just GET IT!!
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 11:01:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought one to try. It's only OK. It suffers from the same problems all aluminum razors do that I've found.

#1 - It's too light.

#2 - AL lacks the natural lubricity of nickel plated brass or stainless steel. Feels like it's really dragging across my face.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 11:08:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the medium and I really like it.  

Like another poster said it is very light and drags across your face, those are the only downfalls.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 10:38:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the first version of the henson medium.

The best combo I've got out of it was a Gillette Silver Blue blade.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top