Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2020 3:31:51 PM EDT
I was trying to buy respirators and sanitizer for duty.  Amazon says it’s restricted to certain people.  It has a sign up if you’re buying for an agency or hospital.  I’d like to buy my own.  Has anyone done this to buy their own stuff?
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was trying to buy respirators and sanitizer for duty.  Amazon says it’s restricted to certain people.  It has a sign up if you’re buying for an agency or hospital.  I’d like to buy my own.  Has anyone done this to buy their own stuff?
View Quote

Hmm just noticed this. Forwarded the sign up link to our admin assistant who purchases that stuff for us.

J-
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 6:40:29 PM EDT
[#2]
If your agency does not have a Amazon business account already in place before this pandemic, you are wasting you time.  They have 125,000 applications and a team of 50 trying to vet them. Applications are increasing as individuals try to use it - which they will not allow.  Its killing resources as they vet them out.  

All government orders have to be with a .gov email, shipped to a government agency address verifiable with Google, have proper tax exempt paperwork on file and paid for by the agency.  

In addition they are supposedly doing it "first come first serve" but it appears there is some favoring of federal orders.  

Finally- even after you do all that - its like throwing out bird food to a flock of pigeons.  They randomly update stuff and within minutes its gone.  Have it in your cart and don't checkout fast enough and you will find your cart empty at checkout.  

Better off making local contacts and getting supplies through hem.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 9:02:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If your agency does not have a Amazon business account already in place before this pandemic, you are wasting you time.  They have 125,000 applications and a team of 50 trying to vet them. Applications are increasing as individuals try to use it - which they will not allow.  Its killing resources as they vet them out.  

All government orders have to be with a .gov email, shipped to a government agency address verifiable with Google, have proper tax exempt paperwork on file and paid for by the agency.  

In addition they are supposedly doing it "first come first serve" but it appears there is some favoring of federal orders.  

Finally- even after you do all that - its like throwing out bird food to a flock of pigeons.  They randomly update stuff and within minutes its gone.  Have it in your cart and don't checkout fast enough and you will find your cart empty at checkout.  

Better off making local contacts and getting supplies through hem.  
View Quote

I tried signing up as an individual.  They denied me and told me to get our purchasing guy on board with the business account.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 10:24:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Rescue Essentials has hand santizer in stock......$100 a gallon plus $15 to ship.

They claim they are not price gouging and supply costs went up....not sure how much water, hydrogen peroxide and glycerol and alcohol cost- because that is the FDA formulation, but they have been a major suppliers for iFAK and supplies for many years before this to feds, ems and SF at Ft. Bragg.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 5:37:48 PM EDT
[#5]
There are other options that are about $50 to $60 per gallon, I bought a gallon from Bulk Apothecary last month.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 8:00:29 PM EDT
[#6]
What Amazon told me/us, was it is only the Feds and State right now. County/City/Etc. are not included.
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 2:06:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Got any distilleries locally? A couple around us have changed production over to making sanitizer and have given it away (for official use only) to local agencies.
View Quote

We got a bunch from a local distillery. Everyone smells like a wino but the stuff works, lol

J-
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 2:07:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What Amazon told me/us, was it is only the Feds and State right now. County/City/Etc. are not included.
View Quote

Our dept (city police) has been using the program for about 3 weeks.

J-
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top