Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/5/2022 1:34:37 AM EDT
Noticed that while the produce isles are full, they have shrunk in size via Walmart of 15 years ago.
Bought a chuck roast and it looked way different than it used to, as in Walmart looking.
Also, they no longer have store brand spaghetti O's, ravioli, etc.
They seem stocked well, but over half the store is now "stuff" and not food or groceries.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:36:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Dunno. Just bring back the Kroger ladies with scissor legs

Kroger Human Scissors Ad 80s

Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:42:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Ze Great Reset is being fulfilled! Ve are creating ze future!
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 2:36:47 AM EDT
[#3]
No Kroger here, but the stores I shop have house brands a-plenty.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 2:38:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No Kroger here, but the stores I shop have house brands a-plenty.
View Quote

Do they also have Russian tanks crashing through them?
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 2:41:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

In 5 years this thread will be reposted to ask “Has anyone noticed a change in products? I took an electric bus from my living pod to Kroger. It had to stop twice to recharge for 45 mins. Anyway, I bought a chuck roast and it was made from bugs. Store brand spaghetti Os, same thing. Bugs. The produce was also bugs. Just bugs. That’s it. They seemed well stocked but over half the store is only open to transgenders who have their 87th Monkeypox booster. The other half is bugs.”
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 2:49:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds about right brother
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 2:51:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do they also have Russian tanks crashing through them?
View Quote

Nope just cruise missiles from time to time, since I'm out West.

BTW, relying on a member's "location" as listed, is pretty silly. I changed mine to UKR to show support. No one particularly needs to know that I'm from the formerly glorious, now mostly-commie-shithole-but-still-has-pretty-mountains state of Colorado.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 3:04:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I just got back from Kroger and I spent in the neighborhood of $220 dollars.  Got home and started prepping the green beans for tomorrow and they were rotten.  I didn’t smell it until after opening the bag.  

I like Kroger and their fuel points but the last year or so their produce fucking sucks.  Walmart has better produce but I abhor shopping there for obvious reasons.  And, I don’t want to buy half my shit at one store and then go to another store for produce.  First world problems, I know.

Aldi?
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 3:05:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Kroger near where my second house closed down. Building an Aldi in town now.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 3:35:20 AM EDT
[#10]
How does a roast look Wal Mart?
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 3:56:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/5/2022 4:08:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
First world problems, I know.

View Quote
Not anymore.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 6:44:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just got back from Kroger and I spent in the neighborhood of $220 dollars.  Got home and started prepping the green beans for tomorrow and they were rotten.  I didn’t smell it until after opening the bag.  

I like Kroger and their fuel points but the last year or so their produce fucking sucks.  Walmart has better produce but I abhor shopping there for obvious reasons.  And, I don’t want to buy half my shit at one store and then go to another store for produce.  First world problems, I know.

Aldi?
View Quote

I've noticed the produce went from really good, to shit, over the course of covid. It's a shame because Kroger is the only really convenient grocery store for me to get to. The good ones are in the middle of town and a pain in the ass to get out of due to traffic.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 6:49:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was cut by an agitated meth head waiting on their next break to buy drugs in aisle four before the shakes get to them.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 6:57:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Yes. The one i shop, produce area was shrunk and rearranged. A few items I used to buy just disappeared and stopped being stocked about a year ago. I've substituted for another brand.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 7:09:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdqNuqpXgjs

View Quote

Yup.

And bring back the Eastern Airlines Stewardesses in bikinis bouncing on a diving board commercial.

To your point though OP and for whatever reason, Nope. The meat quality around here has taken an uptick.  I'm not talking about the pre-packed stuff in the coolers but the meat at the butcher station in the grocery stores.  It's gotten waaaayyy more expensive but the quality is excellent. I just paid $29/lb at Krogers for ribeye….pricey but really good quality.

Not sure why this is as I live in pretty poor part of the country. Never see anyone using EBT though.  Wonder why that is? Let me check demographics. Maybe there's a clue there?
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:03:10 AM EDT
[#17]

Fucking cow.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:10:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Can't  find a more expensive  place around here to shop than Kroger do no. I don't  go there.

All the other places  seem to have intermittent  outages  of certain items and new brands are showing up more snd more but at this point there are no other problems.

I don't  think we are going to run out of food. The government  knows that is an immediate  threat to them.

We will see less selection and product  lines we have never seen before on a more common basis.

If food runs out at the grocery them we sell know it is
Fo time.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:23:58 AM EDT
[#19]
It must be really difficult to keep an entire isle full of produce, much less several isles.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:28:02 AM EDT
[#20]
My local Kroger has been slowly eliminating name brands and stocking more and more Kroger brand food.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:32:30 AM EDT
[#21]
We’ve noticed selection is a bit smaller and produce is arriving in very poor shape so you need to really look it over. Interesting coincidence, but they’re also remodeling the main store we go to (a “super Kroger” that is actually a brand new store as of about 5 years ago).

Package sizes are smaller, and the product in the packages is often different - she got a box of Kroger brand vanilla wafers and they were thinner than before, with 2 fewer ounces in the box.

Wife has started going to several stores a week, each for specific items. Kroger gets the bulk of our business, but she goes to Meijer, Aldi and sometimes a Spartan store for our stuff. Periodic visits to Gordon food service and Target too.

We have a “if you see it, buy it” standing order. It may not be there next time.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#22]

That's like your parents having sex. You know it's happening but don't want to see it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:48:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It must be really difficult to keep an entire isle full of produce, much less several isles.
View Quote

Gilligan never ran out of coconuts.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:51:52 AM EDT
[#24]
No Kroger here, but I noticed the change in Food Lion, Lowes and Engles. I was in Walmart yesterday and noticed the giant instant coffee bottle in the Mexican section had shrunk to half the size and was almost the same price as the old bottle. Absurd!
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Aldi?
View Quote

The Super Kroger here is always a mess. Everything out of stock, no buggies, ect. It’s not an old store but I guess it’s very poorly managed. There produce department is horrible and I have bought more expired and rotten/moldy food there then I have ever seen in my life. Their commercials about fresh and hand picking produce always makes me shake my head. If ever there was false advertising.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:51:55 AM EDT
[#26]
definitely seeing shrinkflation happening to many of the store brand products. not only that, but all of their stores around me are struggling to staff meaning service is terrible to nonexistent.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#27]
The main thing I notice is more out of stock items, they'll be out for a couple weeks. That and more or less the same order keeps creeping up in price even minus the out of stock things.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#28]
It helps if you mention your AO as I am sure it is worse in some areas. My local Fry's Marketplace is owned by Kroger and I have seen a noticeable change in amount and variety of items.
Most shelves are stocked one or two deep with many items, other items are simply not there anymore.
Not being able to find my favorite frozen ravioli is certainly a first world problem but it is likely to get worse.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 11:16:26 AM EDT
[#29]

False advertising!!  

Sign says black canyon angus...  

THATS BLACK CANYON ANUS!!  .

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/5/2022 11:27:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Ours, the produce overall is very bottom of the barrel

We also have outages of random things

One day there was no yogurt. Next week no Mac n cheese or no chicken!

Link Posted: 6/5/2022 11:51:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Locally the Kroger produce is not as nice as it used to be.  One trip there a couple of months ago they were out of 5 and 10 pound bags of taters.  The Krogers in Fairborn is on the edge of town and only a mile or so from here which is a lot closer than the other grocery stores.  

I do most of the shopping for Mom.  She's 93 and has an apartment in an assisted living facility about 1.5 hours from me.  She is very limited on what she can eat due to digestive difficulties.  What she can tolerate she very strongly prefers certain brands and packaging sizes.  Some of her usual gotos aren't stocked by Kroger anymore.  I take her to the Krogers up there first.  She no longer drives and likes to get out of her apartment.  I shop Krogers, Meijer, and Walmart here to get what we can't find up there.  What I can't find in any store I'll order online and have it shipped to her.

For our own shopping, we keep enough on hand that if an item is OOS for a while we have enough until it shows up again.          
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:27:00 PM EDT
[#32]
I picked up sweet corn yesterday at Walmart for 16 cents per ear.  It looked damn good too.  

Walmart distribution centers will buy local produce.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:28:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

In 5 years this thread will be reposted to ask “Has anyone noticed a change in products? I took an electric bus from my living pod to Kroger. It had to stop twice to recharge for 45 mins. Anyway, I bought a chuck roast and it was made from bugs. Store brand spaghetti Os, same thing. Bugs. The produce was also bugs. Just bugs. That’s it. They seemed well stocked but over half the store is only open to transgenders who have their 87th Monkeypox booster. The other half is bugs.”
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:34:01 PM EDT
[#34]

The stuff you guys so quickly come up with

Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:37:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Fightin' at the Kroger is a thang.

Jackson, TN. Kroger brawl 5/22/2022
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:40:29 PM EDT
[#36]
The Nolan Ryan angus chuck roast is excellent.. it’s also better when it’s frequently on sale for $3.77lb. I always have few 4-5lb pieces in my freezer..
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:43:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdqNuqpXgjs

View Quote

Holy shit! A 12 pack of coke for $1.99

Now 5.99 is a sales price.  Glad I don’t drink that crap at home.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:44:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Produce is fine, shrikflation is obvious everywhere. I did notice both Dillons/Kroeger and WalMart have significantly shrunk their canned veggies. Both are 1/4 of an asile now. Canned beans, 1/4 of an isle. A large number of the speciality canned veggies have disappeared. The most exotic I see around here is sauerkraut and asparagus. Good luck finding pickled beets, etc. So yes, post covid insanity there is some shrinkage. I just wonder if it will continue to get smaller. I think by late Fall we might be in some big trouble if everything keeps going up in cost.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:49:16 PM EDT
[#39]
I shop at Kroger occassionally but I rarely buy meat there, since there is a Foodland here with better meat prices.

A few months ago they started working on at expansion of the Korger here, by about 50 percent in size. And they have put a Starbucks inside of it, but I have no interest in that.

They still have a few things I like which makes it worth stopping by every now and then.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Nope not a bit.  We shop at Kroger and Tom Thumb and it is business as usual.

We buy chuck roasts every time they go on sale for $3.99 or less, and stock the freezer when they are on sale for $2.99.  At Tom Thumb, who competes directly with sales at Kroger, I'll get really nice looking roasts cut by the butcher.

But as far as product goes, ours had not changed.  We are spoiled in the US with amount of choice we have.  My parents lived and did extensive travel in Greece, Kazakhstan, Albania, and Russia.  Every time my Mom came back tot he states, the groceries stores her overwhelmed her with the amount of choices and varied products we have.

They have great sales and that's how you can eat good food for less.....

Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Locally the Kroger produce is not as nice as it used to be.  One trip there a couple of months ago they were out of 5 and 10 pound bags of taters.  The Krogers in Fairborn is on the edge of town and only a mile or so from here which is a lot closer than the other grocery stores.  

I do most of the shopping for Mom.  She's 93 and has an apartment in an assisted living facility about 1.5 hours from me.  She is very limited on what she can eat due to digestive difficulties.  What she can tolerate she very strongly prefers certain brands and packaging sizes.  Some of her usual gotos aren't stocked by Kroger anymore.  I take her to the Krogers up there first.  She no longer drives and likes to get out of her apartment.  I shop Krogers, Meijer, and Walmart here to get what we can't find up there.  What I can't find in any store I'll order online and have it shipped to her.

For our own shopping, we keep enough on hand that if an item is OOS for a while we have enough until it shows up again.          
View Quote

Small world, I lived in Fairborn for about 8yrs 2 of my kids graduated from Fairborn High. We used to shop at that Kroger all of the time and Meijers. I lived up the road from Baker Middle School past the tracks at a housing development right at 675. Had my first brand new home built there back in 07-08.

The Kroger's we shop  located at Austin Landing has been just fine and well stocked, and has a decent restaurant inside that I eat at when the wife shops. Most of the time we just pay for delivery.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:53:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Nope just cruise missiles from time to time, since I'm out West.

BTW, relying on a member's "location" as listed, is pretty silly. I changed mine to UKR to show support. No one particularly needs to know that I'm from the formerly glorious, now mostly-commie-shithole-but-still-has-pretty-mountains state of Colorado.
View Quote
So you have King Soopers out there?
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#43]
From the local hardware store to the grocery store, they all say supply is limited and sketchy at best.

I was in our small town local grocery store yesterday and talked to the produce manager, she said she gladly accepts whatever she can get from her suppliers but doesn't buy some items cause she knows in this little farming town, the people wont pay the inflated prices on some things.

She said on some of the basics that she pretty much has to price it at cost so she can keep stock but be able to move it at a price these people can afford.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Wife and I were just discussing this. We are currently over $200 weekly feeding four people, two of them under age 5.

$150 used to be a HUGE order for us, with lots of meat as our local Kroger had a decent deli/meat counter.

On our click list order I just picked up we had 5 out of stocks or subs.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:05:50 PM EDT
[#45]
don't shop at kroger
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:13:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So you have King Soopers out there?
View Quote

Yep, though I more frequently use Safeway or Wally World, as both are closer to my house compared to the nearest Soopers.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:20:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My local Kroger has been slowly eliminating name brands and stocking more and more Kroger brand food.
View Quote
Noticed the same before the local one closed last month.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Before long it'll be : Meat doesn't come in much. There's usually soup stock that's not too old. Steaks, chops, ground beef, chicken breasts come in small lots and you have to have the right connections for them.   Good fresh fruits and vegetables are the same. There's usually canned beets, turnips, corn. Snacks , chips, pretzels are sketchy at best. Good fresh stuff like Doritos, you guessed it. Connections! See the Soviet era grocery store videos for a good look at what we are rushing headlong into.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Just my wife and I at home and we dont eat a lot of high dollar meat, mostly chicken and turkey, but these are at beef prices now....
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 1:28:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Jackson

Didn't even need to click
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top