Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2018 6:02:05 PM EDT
I don't know much about the game but it looks like it may have been on the PC for a while.  I just bought it for my PS4 and it's a very interesting survival game.  I always liked the idea of an underwater exploration game and this certainly delivers.  There's a vast variety of creatures that inhabit the depths of the "ocean".  Tiny harmless creatures to gigantic dangerous creatures.  Collecting resources to allow you to explore further and build bases is huge in this game.  The graphics are surprisingly good but I noticed a few times my FPS drop quite a bit hopefully this will be resolved with an update.  Anyone else playing?  This would be an awesome multiplayer game but as far as I'm aware its single player only?
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 11:01:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Been playing it for a while. It is an awesome survival game. Great fun and the base building is fantastic.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 11:07:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Be careful with addons.

I had a bunch, and the game got unplayable (kept crashing out.) as I got towards the end-game.  I did have one solid play through once though.  I noticed it ran great, even packed with addons, when I stayed offline.  I think the survival pods you find are propagated on-the-fly.

Speaking of those, look for them and pray for the upgraded batteries.  By the time you can make them, you have power well under control.  If you find a tool in a survival pack, make sure you check what battery is in it.

Really fun game though.

Yes single player only.  Kinda hard to have multi player when you're stranded on a planet by yourself.

eta - reread and saw PS4, my addon comments were based on PC
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 12:48:17 AM EDT
[#3]
There is a new addon coming out, takes place in the artic?
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 4:26:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Have not played it but I watched the Neebs gaming play through on Youtube. Looks like a cool game. The video series is hilarious.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 9:02:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Subnautica will be a freebie starting 12/14/18-12/27/18
just need an account here https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 6:11:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Be careful with addons.

I had a bunch, and the game got unplayable (kept crashing out.) as I got towards the end-game.  I did have one solid play through once though.  I noticed it ran great, even packed with addons, when I stayed offline.  I think the survival pods you find are propagated on-the-fly.

Speaking of those, look for them and pray for the upgraded batteries.  By the time you can make them, you have power well under control.  If you find a tool in a survival pack, make sure you check what battery is in it.

Really fun game though.

Yes single player only.  Kinda hard to have multi player when you're stranded on a planet by yourself.

eta - reread and saw PS4, my addon comments were based on PC
View Quote
Very true that you're alone on the planet but I was thinking more along the lines of a multiplayer mode without the story and you have to survive by working with others.  Maybe combining resources to build a ship to get off the planet.  Of course you could also work against others and steal resources.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 6:12:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I thought it was an entirely separate game.  New characters with an unrelated story.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 6:14:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I thought it was an entirely separate game.  New characters with an unrelated story.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You could be right.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Have not played it in ages.  Built up bases and subs and the suits and got bored.

For me most survival games fail pretty quickly by not providing a purpose.  Usually does not take long to get the survival part under control.  After that it becomes a hoarder, griefing or base building game.  I need a reason to continue playing such as trying to build a ship to leave the planet or create a beacon that brings a rescue party to me.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 5:02:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Have not played it in ages.  Built up bases and subs and the suits and got bored.

For me most survival games fail pretty quickly by not providing a purpose.  Usually does not take long to get the survival part under control.  After that it becomes a hoarder, griefing or base building game.  I need a reason to continue playing such as trying to build a ship to leave the planet or create a beacon that brings a rescue party to me.
View Quote
I don't want to spoil the game for you or anything but...
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 4:53:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Was going to post that. Just grabbed it.

I've watched some gameplay but haven't played it myself.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 5:20:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I don't want to spoil the game for you or anything but...
View Quote
So must have been some updates since I last played.  Which was a LOOOOONG time ago.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:08:38 AM EDT
[#13]
LOVED it - especially the Cyclops!! Game changer. Now what's this about the Arctic? May be picking it back up again...
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 4:28:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
@mdram
Thanks! I picked up a free copy, wasn't too sure of it but so far having a good time.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 4:48:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 6:40:47 AM EDT
[#16]
It's a neat game, but it does have a grind feel to it. In VR it becomes much more immersive, though I did shut off the eat and drink survival mode.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:32:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top